It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up until now I was very happy with this release of the game - finally all the issues have been fixed and I've been able to play Chaos Gate on an operating system later than Win98. I've made it to mission 4 without any issues, the game crashed on me only once and that seemed more as a system issue than the game itself (I was using Windows 7 that came with my laptop).

It all changed today, once I updated to the long awaited Windows 10. Once I've tried all my other applications I've tried Chaos Gate and instead of the normal intro all I've got was a blank screen with 3 tiny, black and white miniatures of a normal game menu (image attached). I'm using a Radeon HD 6370m graphics card and the game prompted me to install directplay before I could run it at all. I've checked other older games with 2d graphics (like Diablo) and they were running perfectly fine. Did anyone encounter such an issue? Was this game tested for Win10 support yet?
Attachments:
cg.jpg (77 Kb)
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I can replicate this unfortunately.

Windows 10 Pro (x64) with an R9 285 (Catalyst 15.7.1)

It's to be expected that a few things will break, I suppose.
Post edited July 30, 2015 by mwnn
Yep, similar thing here as well.
Something similar for me. I get three pictures/logos instead of your four. A resolution problem?
I got the exact same thing - and I just got the game!

Before I started it, windows said it needs DirectPlay and offered it's installation.

I thought - cool! DirectlPlay support!? AWEOSME!

...Yeah...

...Not rly...

edit: I am using Windows 10 Pro and Geforce GTX 970. Tried all compatibility modes.
Post edited July 31, 2015 by Crusader_bin
I will also throw my hat into the rink. I was enjoying the release while playing with windows 8.1. Now its a no go with the odd three boxes along the top o f the screen.
If it is of any help, the same issue happens with original non-GOG game, versions 1.0 and 1.2. Tried on Intel GMA 4500MHD, Win 10 Pro 32b.
sojourn3r: I will also throw my hat into the rink. I was enjoying the release while playing with windows 8.1. Now its a no go with the odd three boxes along the top o f the screen.
Same boat. Played beautifully under 8.1, with Win 10 it's in triplicate and 8 colours or so. Reinstalled to a short-name dir on C:\, still no candy.
Lenovo Y40-70, with Radeon R9 M275. BTW, I have these symptoms on both integrated and discrete graphics cards.
CDP and GOG, please sort this out. Thank you.
Identical problem as above--Please fix GOG! Thanks.
Post edited August 05, 2015 by elshfons
Same Issue for me, unplayable on Win 10.
I've tried updating my drivers to the latest version. No signs of improvement.
Same problem here with a Dell Latitude E6230, integrated graphics.
Hope this gets fixed soon.
Same problem here. Luckily, I imaged my Win7-64 drive before updating to Win10. Got myself a new SSD and loaded the image. It requires a BIOS boot drive switch but it's on the start menu of ASUS extreme boards (If you don't have this boot option, I recommend you download the free easyCBD. It's easy to use and works great for operating systems installed on separate hard drives in particular). It's the way I take with this game until GoG figures this out and update.
Anyhow, I was very happy with Win7-64 although the Win10 integrated environment does have a certain appeal.
Post edited August 09, 2015 by procyoniv
Considering it was posted almost a month ago and not had an official reply and the fact they are still selling the game I wouldn't hold your breath.

But I also have the same issues, Win 10 Pro and I tried the full range of compatibility options but without any luck. I find it to be rather irritating considering the game is essentially emulated so should work between the OS's. Epic 40K works fine.

Time to request a refund.
same here ... please help GoG ... I love the game