It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maly88: Hey

That is how i get Chaos Gate GOG edition playable on Windows 10.

1) Rename wh40k.exe tin game folder to wh40.exe - this will make Chaos Gate working at all (instead of black window with 4 small screens), but game will be lagging a lot, so at that moment it will be unable to play.

Note, that when you change wh40k.exe name, you will be unable to change any option settings in game. If you want to do that, you need to change name to wh40k.exe gain, and then change settings "in dark" (in black screen mouse is working fine).

2)
download DXWnd - this progam will allow you to run Chaos Gate in window mode (you can easly change size of window so you will be able to play in almost full screen mode). Lag will be gone and game will be playable as normal.

Good luck.
OK final edit... I've used the premade profile in the exports folder of DXWnd and tweaked the paths to point to my gog install with the renamed exe at:

D:\Games\GOG Games\ChaosGate\WH40.exe

No dice, I get the sound but just a black screen. No windowed mode nothing. I can't even quit it without signing out of the PC via ctrl-alt-del unless I have the second monitor enabled and I can use ctrl-shift-esc to get to the task manager. :-(
Post edited September 26, 2015 by diziet
Diziet:

Try to:

1) lunch DXWnd
2) click on "Edit"
3) click on "add"
4) change path and launch to point gog install "wh40.exe".
5) click "run in window"
5) type "ok"
6) type "file -> save"
7) double click on "wh40.exe" with green point in DXWnd window.

Do not use any premade profile in the exports folder.
Any news on GOG fixing this?
Same problem here. Tiny screens. I don't want to have to install a 3rd party program, that defeats the purpose of GoG's curation entirely.
Exact same problem here
Maly88: Diziet:

Try to:

1) lunch DXWnd
2) click on "Edit"
3) click on "add"
4) change path and launch to point gog install "wh40.exe".
5) click "run in window"
5) type "ok"
6) type "file -> save"
7) double click on "wh40.exe" with green point in DXWnd window.

Do not use any premade profile in the exports folder.
I don't know why but DXWnd has never fixed anything for me, same again here, appears to be no difference in symptoms when using it. Since making that post a friend gave me her old PC. I just about managed to get a proper install of Windows 98 on it. It now has all the recalcitrant games from GoG on it:

Gangsters
Interstate (Both)
Battle Isle Incubation
This and the other warhammer games.

It's a pain but it will have to do for now.

I do hope GoG fix these games.