This is correct. After that there should be shortcuts in your start menu and on the desktop to run the game.
Sigh.... can some one else please give a step by step, starting from scratch way to get the extra content to work? Wesp5 seems to be trying to piecemeal help with this but its just adding to the confusion. Otherwise Im just going to have to give up on this and way until someone posts a thorough and definitive wait to get this to work. :(
I've been trying to get this to work now for a week and its becoming very frustrating and disappointing.
1. Install the game, either by Gog Galaxy or the downloaded installer.
2. The current GOG version comes with the Unofficial Patch 10.2 BASIC version included, so you get the bugfixes and nothing more.
3. To get the restored/added content, you need to download the Unofficial Patch installer (currently at 10.3 Release Candidate 2) and install it, it will give you the choice of Basic (just the bugfixes) or Plus (the restored/added content). You can download it from Mod DB (https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch/downloads
Filename should be VTMBup103rc2.1.exe , just run it.
4. If you installed via Gog Galaxy, you need to disable the auto update. While in Gog Galaxy, click on the game, click on the More button, Configuration, and unclick the Auto update option. On the same menu you can set the launch parameters, you need to add the following: -game Unofficial_Patch
5. Play the game using the shortcut on your desktop, the installer should have created one named "VTM Bloodlines Unofficial Patch" (check if the properties include "-game Unofficial_Patch") or via Galaxy with those parameters set
6. To verify that you have 10.3 Installed, when starting the game go to Options, Gameplay, the 10.3 version should be listed.