It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sanguinesun: A really concise step by step on this would really be appreciated and I appologize for being confused over all this.
wesp5: It's really simple:
1) Install GOG Bloodlines and disable Galaxy for it if you use it.
2) Download the UP from The Patches Scrolls or ModDB.
3) Install it into your GOG Bloodlines folder choosing plus...
With point 1, what do you mean by disabling Galaxy for it and how is this accomplished?

With point 3, when you say install, I see no install executable in the basic and plus files folders upon downloading them. I just options to extract them to a desired folder and that is it so Im still very confused. Sorry.
Sanguinesun: With point 1, what do you mean by disabling Galaxy for it and how is this accomplished?
Galaxy it the GOG client, if you don't use it, so much the better!

With point 3, when you say install, I see no install executable in the basic and plus files folders upon downloading them.
Where are you downloading the patch from? It should be an executable installer!
Sanguinesun: With point 1, what do you mean by disabling Galaxy for it and how is this accomplished?
wesp5: Galaxy it the GOG client, if you don't use it, so much the better!

With point 3, when you say install, I see no install executable in the basic and plus files folders upon downloading them.
wesp5: Where are you downloading the patch from? It should be an executable installer!
1. I downloaded the game from galaxy and it starts up even from the desktop icon for the game into galaxy so again how does one do this disabling you briefly mention?

2. First I attempted to use this link provided shown as one of 2 on page 9 of this thread: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch/downloads/unofficial-patch-100

Unfortunately, that page states the file has been deleted. So instead I searched the same site and found this page from which I downloaded basic and plus:

https://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines

Upon finishing download I only got an option to extract the files and thus extracted them to the vtmb file location(manually browsed).

So again, a step-by-step, accurate manner by which to do this would really be appreciated. Thanks.
Post edited March 30, 2019 by Sanguinesun
Sanguinesun: Upon finishing download I only got an option to extract the files and thus extracted them to the vtmb file location(manually browsed).
This is correct. After that there should be shortcuts in your start menu and on the desktop to run the game.
Sanguinesun: Upon finishing download I only got an option to extract the files and thus extracted them to the vtmb file location(manually browsed).
wesp5: This is correct. After that there should be shortcuts in your start menu and on the desktop to run the game.
Sigh.... can some one else please give a step by step, starting from scratch way to get the extra content to work? Wesp5 seems to be trying to piecemeal help with this but its just adding to the confusion. Otherwise Im just going to have to give up on this and way until someone posts a thorough and definitive wait to get this to work. :(

I've been trying to get this to work now for a week and its becoming very frustrating and disappointing.
Post edited March 30, 2019 by Sanguinesun
wesp5: This is correct. After that there should be shortcuts in your start menu and on the desktop to run the game.
Sanguinesun: Sigh.... can some one else please give a step by step, starting from scratch way to get the extra content to work? Wesp5 seems to be trying to piecemeal help with this but its just adding to the confusion. Otherwise Im just going to have to give up on this and way until someone posts a thorough and definitive wait to get this to work. :(

I've been trying to get this to work now for a week and its becoming very frustrating and disappointing.
First of all, if you install the GOG version it already comes with patch 10 (the latest) that you find on the Scrolls site too. I had to research a little then I understood this (first time I'm going to play it too).

If you want something more than the unofficial patches (like mods), you have to disable the auto update of the game, check the 2 images below. If you don't do it, the game will reset to the latest update every time you start the GOG client.

1 - Go to the page of the game in your library, next to the play button you have a "More" button, click it, then SETTINGS
2 - On the settings page you just have to disable the auto update, check the attached image

Hope it helps.
Attachments:
01.png (224 Kb)
02.png (242 Kb)
Sanguinesun: Sigh.... can some one else please give a step by step, starting from scratch way to get the extra content to work? Wesp5 seems to be trying to piecemeal help with this but its just adding to the confusion. Otherwise Im just going to have to give up on this and way until someone posts a thorough and definitive wait to get this to work. :(

1. Install the game, either by Gog Galaxy or the downloaded installer.

2. The current GOG version comes with the Unofficial Patch 10.2 BASIC version included, so you get the bugfixes and nothing more.

3. To get the restored/added content, you need to download the Unofficial Patch installer (currently at 10.3 Release Candidate 2) and install it, it will give you the choice of Basic (just the bugfixes) or Plus (the restored/added content). You can download it from Mod DB (https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch/downloads)

Filename should be VTMBup103rc2.1.exe , just run it.

4. If you installed via Gog Galaxy, you need to disable the auto update. While in Gog Galaxy, click on the game, click on the More button, Configuration, and unclick the Auto update option. On the same menu you can set the launch parameters, you need to add the following: -game Unofficial_Patch

5. Play the game using the shortcut on your desktop, the installer should have created one named "VTM Bloodlines Unofficial Patch" (check if the properties include "-game Unofficial_Patch") or via Galaxy with those parameters set

6. To verify that you have 10.3 Installed, when starting the game go to Options, Gameplay, the 10.3 version should be listed.

7. Profit?
Post edited March 30, 2019 by eblake

eblake: 1. Install the game, either by Gog Galaxy or the downloaded installer.

2. The current GOG version comes with the Unofficial Patch 10.2 BASIC version included, so you get the bugfixes and nothing more.

3. To get the restored/added content, you need to download the Unofficial Patch installer (currently at 10.3 Release Candidate 2) and install it, it will give you the choice of Basic (just the bugfixes) or Plus (the restored/added content). You can download it from Mod DB (https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch/downloads)

Filename should be VTMBup103rc2.1.exe , just run it.

4. If you installed via Gog Galaxy, you need to disable the auto update. While in Gog Galaxy, click on the game, click on the More button, Configuration, and unclick the Auto update option. On the same menu you can set the launch parameters, you need to add the following: -game Unofficial_Patch

5. Play the game using the shortcut on your desktop, the installer should have created one named "VTM Bloodlines Unofficial Patch" (check if the properties include "-game Unofficial_Patch") or via Galaxy with those parameters set

6. To verify that you have 10.3 Installed, when starting the game go to Options, Gameplay, the 10.3 version should be listed.

7. Profit?
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed. Everything's working like a charm now!
quick question for Wesp, not really worthy of its own thread:

does the Nosferatu background "Presentable" do what it suggests? ie, no sewer/stealth gameplay, able to interact with Kine. also, does it lock you out of any Nosferatu clan dialog interactions that one would have seen had one taken a different background?
slamdunk: does the Nosferatu background "Presentable" do what it suggests?
No. It only adds a point to your Charisma and makes walking on the streets less prone to cause Masquerad violations.
tyvmwesp
hello, i dont know where to ask this but i have been having problems with companion mod and using the gog version.
when i installed the mod i copy and pasted the base vampire folder and then unzipped companion mod 1.0 in it and then companion mod 1.4, at first it looked as if it was working correctly but after playing for a bit and using my malkavian power to get a random npc to test the pose and possesion systems turned out that they dont work, when i use the possesion system the npc dissapears and when i use the pose system it just pops up a guide detailing the keybinds and then after clicking nothing happens, does anyone know how to fix this ?
Does the patch include the ClanQuest mod?
Azareon28: Does the patch include the ClanQuest mod?
No.
Azareon28: Does the patch include the ClanQuest mod?
wesp5: No.
Drat. Whelp, off to the moddb then.
(didn't the patch include that at one point?)