It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hal900x: Someone makes a similar post here (or on Steam) every time a new patch comes out. I too am frustrated with THQ Nordic's behavior. I tend to put the blame on them, since I've kept a close eye on their behavior for the last year or so. Their M.O. is to pump out a crazy number of new games or DLC, with middling quality control on a very fast track. They aren't terrible, nor are they particularly good. Their business model seems to be: buy old licenses and create some new IPs, mostly in the (loosely) RPG genre, crunch like crazy to put as many games out as possible, then move on to the next half dozen releases. To their credit, they do put out patches, but it's somewhat haphazard. They have zero interaction with the players, in fact they don't even have an official forum for Ragnarok, and I have never seen them respond to a single complaint here or on Steam. It seems that in purchasing the THQ name, they have also taken a very similar business approach: pump out games, spend a lot of money advertising them, move on to next game. Support and communication are not high on their list.
Deinmaar: I'd disagree. They have been more active on the steam forums than many other bigger devs I've seen. Maybe they just treat the steam forums as their main forum? No idea *shrug*
They never post on Steam. Malgardian, a friend of mine who is a fan volunteer, posts there and is then able to submit whichever questions he deems fit to the devs. He is not paid, he just does it for love. Sometimes the devs respond (to him, not us), often they do not.

It is nice to get DLC, but Nordic doesn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts, as shown by the $20 DLC on a now $5 game. This is why all fanboyism must be stomped out like the plague it is: it results in zero gain for the customer, whereas criticism sometimes gets results.
Deinmaar: I'd disagree. They have been more active on the steam forums than many other bigger devs I've seen. Maybe they just treat the steam forums as their main forum? No idea *shrug*
Hal900x: They never post on Steam. Malgardian, a friend of mine who is a fan volunteer, posts there and is then able to submit whichever questions he deems fit to the devs. He is not paid, he just does it for love. Sometimes the devs respond (to him, not us), often they do not.

It is nice to get DLC, but Nordic doesn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts, as shown by the $20 DLC on a now $5 game. This is why all fanboyism must be stomped out like the plague it is: it results in zero gain for the customer, whereas criticism sometimes gets results.
Well, here are two instances of devs posting and replying:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/1699416432416046723/?ctp=2#c1699416432432726882
http://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/1499000547486549440/#c1617220671496025511

Apart from that it's not really feasible as a dev to browse forums all day. I'd rather have it the way it is: One volunteer/moderator passes along all important bugs and feedback, while the devs work on the game and only post if there's a good reason like in the two links.

Sure, they don't. They are a company trying to make money after all. And it's no surprise that a new DLC with new content is priced higher than an game that has been released for over 10 years (disregarding the extensive fixing done with the Anniversary edition). I do agree that fanboyism is not helpful for both fans and the company, but one shouldn't go too far the other way either. Not all criticism is good and constructive and it's easy to fall into a negative mindset of "they don't care about us!" and just complain for the sake of it. This is a general statement, not meant to target anyone is this thread. I've just seen too many people who complain because they get a kick out of complaining in the past years...