It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sun: I am not expert with computer hardware and I do not know what you are talking about unluckily :( But my friend who is a computer expert build the machine for me, so I think it should be OK.
Well do you know what kind of power supply you have? I do not mind taking a look for you because I know how frustrating it is personally.

Basically, if the two power ports that go to the GTX (6 pin connectors or 6 and 8 pin which ever you have) are powered by one wire alone (rail) it can cause power flow problems which can cause the card to not function properly depending on the type of PSU you have. As the game demands more out of the card, the PSU might not be able to catch up. So if you use one cord (rail) to power one power port on the card, and use another rail to power the other power port on the card, it may solve your issue as it did for me with Arma II and GTA V.

It is tough from this perspective because I do not know how your rig is built and setup, but I assume you have the same issue I did concerning running both power ports off of one rail.

So using separate rails might help balance the power flow from your PSU. ^.^
Post edited May 25, 2015 by rand0command0
Strange all I did was restart my computer and it seems fine now :/

No longer crashing every 3min.

Edit: Well, played whole day today without crashing. I didn't change any of the settings. Guess the crashing was just temporary after the patch. Strange how it resolved itself. Anyone still crashing?
Post edited May 26, 2015 by Rainku
I have two separate cords on my GPU. And as Rainku suggested, after I restarted the computer, the game stopped crashing. That is very strange, but I am glad.
Sun: I had no prpblems with version 1.03 but I read that 1.04 improves performance etc. so I installed it. Now I cannot play even for more than 2 minutes because the game keep crashing and the message in windows says something like Video driver needs to be restarted :(
Is there a way to somehow put it back to version 1.03 without installing the game once more? I feear I will lose all my progress in game :(
I've had the same thing happening to me... "Video driver reported an error and had to be restarted". But fortunatelly I don't get this every 2 minutes. Maybe once every 2-4 hours. If this happens while playing the Witcher, the game usually crashes. Could be related to the 1.04 patch. But (!) I've actually had this happen to me once while on the Windows desktop without any game running at all. This didn't happen to me before, so I was actually suspecting the newest "Game Ready" Drivers from NVidia I installed before starting my Witcher 3 playthough.
Post edited May 27, 2015 by boomschakalacka
Each time I update my game I delete my old graphics profile then let Witcher 3 decide. From there I adjust to my heart's content.

If your rig is not that strong and you don't care about the game's appearance, I suggest toning down post-processing to low. Enable only vsync, bloom, vignette, sharpening, and light shafts.

Sharpening now has three options off, low, and high. Keep it on low.
wulftor: Having the exact same problem and everything worked perfectly fine before the update.
Beaveros: What cards do You have ?
I have a Nvidia GTX Geforce 970
Sun: I have two separate cords on my GPU. And as Rainku suggested, after I restarted the computer, the game stopped crashing. That is very strange, but I am glad.
Well I am definitely glad the crashes stopped for you. Hopefully either what I or Rainku suggested worked. I never reset my computer personally, but it is possible that could have started every thing fresh. Although the only thing is I did not experience that error, and I would assume with a 970 just like you guys, I would have. Which lead me to believe it was more related to GPU power consumption problems.

But either way, glad you are up and running!
Sun: I had no prpblems with version 1.03 but I read that 1.04 improves performance etc. so I installed it. Now I cannot play even for more than 2 minutes because the game keep crashing and the message in windows says something like Video driver needs to be restarted :(
Is there a way to somehow put it back to version 1.03 without installing the game once more? I feear I will lose all my progress in game :(
boomschakalacka: I've had the same thing happening to me... "Video driver reported an error and had to be restarted". But fortunatelly I don't get this every 2 minutes. Maybe once every 2-4 hours. If this happens while playing the Witcher, the game usually crashes. Could be related to the 1.04 patch. But (!) I've actually had this happen to me once while on the Windows desktop without any game running at all. This didn't happen to me before, so I was actually suspecting the newest "Game Ready" Drivers from NVidia I installed before starting my Witcher 3 playthough.
You might want to check also if you are running your GPU from 2 separate rails as well.

Like I stated previously, I have a 1600W ATX and I still had problems with the gtx 970 running both of the power connectors off of one rail (cord coming from my PSU) after I changed it, I havent had problems since.
Post edited May 27, 2015 by rand0command0
rand0command0: You might want to check also if you are running your GPU from 2 separate rails as well.

Like I stated previously, I have a 1600W ATX and I still had problems with the gtx 970 running both of the power connectors off of one rail (cord coming from my PSU) after I changed it, I havent had problems since.
Thanks for your advice. But I've been running this PC for almost 2 months without problems, also playing some Star Citizen for hours, which I think is the most taxing program on my computer, and never had this problem. It only started occurring since I installed The Witcher 3 and the newest NVidia game ready drivers. And as I said, the graphics driver even crashed a couple of times while I'm on the desktop, browsing the web. Therefore I strongly suspect it has something to do with the drivers.

Also, unfortunately I have no idea how I would check the specs you are talking about. 8-)

The ocurrence is rare enough so far that it doesn't bother me a lot. I just hope it will go away at some point, hopefully with the next driver version.
Yep, same. Radeon HD 7870 here. Happened with the latest stable drivers, and the new "The Witcher 3" beta drivers as well. I can't remember this happening before 1.04, but I didn't have much time to play before yesterday, just a couple of hours. Hoping for a fix soon
The last few nVidia graphic card drivers are quite unstable.

Yes, they are non-beta, stable, and certified versions, but still quite unstable easpecially on Win 10.
rand0command0: You might want to check also if you are running your GPU from 2 separate rails as well.

boomschakalacka: Thanks for your advice. But I've been running this PC for almost 2 months without problems, also playing some Star Citizen for hours, which I think is the most taxing program on my computer, and never had this problem. It only started occurring since I installed The Witcher 3 and the newest NVidia game ready drivers. And as I said, the graphics driver even crashed a couple of times while I'm on the desktop, browsing the web. Therefore I strongly suspect it has something to do with the drivers.

Also, unfortunately I have no idea how I would check the specs you are talking about. 8-)

The ocurrence is rare enough so far that it doesn't bother me a lot. I just hope it will go away at some point, hopefully with the next driver version.
It is possible it is the drivers. The thing that leads me to believe you may have the same problem as me was crashing on the desktop. Like I said I could play Arma II at max settings for hours, but the second my crew and I got into a chopper and started flying, the game would crash with a GPU related error. I tried for about a week to figure out the problem and I couldnt for the life of me.

So one day I was browsing with chrome, pc had been on about 8 hours, and while playing a video, it crashed again.
I was getting pissed because I just spent $400 on this card and I couldnt even use it.

But then took my entire computer apart and realized I was running multiple things off of one rail including the GPU.

After I switched up the configuration, I never had a crash again. If it were drivers I would assume I would have the same problem as you guys. However, I havent had witcher 3 crash once since release, and I am playing on max settings (hairworks off) and get 70 to 80 fps constantly.

If all else fails it wont hurt to try to switch up and balance the power usage of your peripherals (dvd rom, HDD, etc) it may help a great deal because the power spikes with this card can be fairly insane.

Also (if you own a gtx 970) sign up for the class action lawsuit. Once this goes through, you may be able to get a refund or an upgrade depending on what Nvidia decides. We need as many signatures on the petition because of the whole false advertising of the 970's specs, plus free stuff doesnt hurt!!
Same here, but then I noticed that either GeForce Experience or GOG kept changing my graphics settings back to default each time I launched the game. After I changed them back it's been smooth sailing!
I got the "Video driver reported an error and had to be restarted" too, and i spent hours of searching. At last it was the HDMI Audio from the GTX970 which caused the problem. To fix it, i activated the Onboard Intel HD Graphics and used the output just as the standard audio device.
Connection now:
IntelHD HDMI > AV-Receiver (before change GTX970 HDMI > AV-Receiver > Screen1)
GTX970 HDMI > Screen1
GTX970 DVI > Screen 2
Since that change i´ve had no more problems.
Has anybody had issues using a Nvidia GTX 550 Ti ? Thinking of buying the game but I'd hate to be unable to play right away! Else, would you kindly reccomend any other card that would work but not be much too expensive? Thanks
Leizar_Khan: Has anybody had issues using a Nvidia GTX 550 Ti ? Thinking of buying the game but I'd hate to be unable to play right away! Else, would you kindly reccomend any other card that would work but not be much too expensive? Thanks
I actually just recently upgraded from a 500 superclocked edition, but never tried to run this game with something similar.

I got this game free with my GTX 970, but those are like $400, not to mention the whole nvidia class action lawsuit.

If I am not mistaken, I believe the minimum requirements are a GTX 660, however IIRC, I have seen posts on the forums where people have run it with less than that. You might want to check that with the search function however.

The 660 is like 160 dollars on amazon....I am not crazy about ordering pc components off amazon, but do a little digging around and see what you can find.