It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ciris: Hey! Sorry for not getting back earlier. I posted a huge update here, but the gist of it is:

We're currently dealing with a tech issue that is preventing you from getting the DLC and updating your game with the new content - and playing using your saves that used DLC data (starting the "Contract: Missing Miners" quest).

The DLCs should be once again available and working by 5pm GMT.

Please refrain from downloading it until then - there is a high probability of it neither downloading nor installing properly. You may have to re-download the DLCs once they're back to working condition.

Watch the thread linked above for further updates!
Hey Chris thanks for the update. How do we activate the DLCs though? I mean where to activate in-game to see if I got them?

Edit - I mean, where do you get them? The miners quest is not listed on my Quests page and I'd like to confirm if my DLC is working
Post edited May 28, 2015 by onikrulz
Ciris: Hey! Sorry for not getting back earlier. I posted a huge update here, but the gist of it is:

We're currently dealing with a tech issue that is preventing you from getting the DLC and updating your game with the new content - and playing using your saves that used DLC data (starting the "Contract: Missing Miners" quest).

The DLCs should be once again available and working by 5pm GMT.

Please refrain from downloading it until then - there is a high probability of it neither downloading nor installing properly. You may have to re-download the DLCs once they're back to working condition.

Watch the thread linked above for further updates!
onikrulz: Hey Chris thanks for the update. How do we activate the DLCs though? In-game?
You gotta activate them through GOG Galaxy in Witcher 3 tab go to More and then Configure. All you gotta do is check both DLCs
So let me get this straight as well. There are supposed to be released 16 DLC's for free in total. Only 2 of those are as of yet out is that correct?
DangerDane: So let me get this straight as well. There are supposed to be released 16 DLC's for free in total. Only 2 of those are as of yet out is that correct?
Technically 4 are, but there are some technical problems with the 2 new ones at the moment.
In the following weeks 2 new DLCs will be released every week.
Post edited May 27, 2015 by Oksoy
Are they available now and safe/good to download or the issue with them is still on?
Cuz I see them listed in the extras but not in "Additional Content"...
Post edited May 27, 2015 by Lockdown
I downloaded the game and when i tried to open it, it told me i cant play it until i download a bit more code for it , it mentioned that this was going to be released May 19th and its the 27th. it also stated that it could be downloaded through GOG Galaxy once it was released. I still haven't been able to play. Anyone know what i can do to successfully launch the game ?
onikrulz: Hey Chris thanks for the update. How do we activate the DLCs though? In-game?
Kopah: You gotta activate them through GOG Galaxy in Witcher 3 tab go to More and then Configure. All you gotta do is check both DLCs
I meant, where do you get the quest in game? It is not listed by default so how can i confirm if my DLC is working?
thank you for this!
Yay free stuff but let us be honest about it these are not dlc by any stretch of the imagination. Yay a quest that takes a couple of minutes to complete and a couple of reskins pfft. The only one that is half way decent is the beard / hair cuts one but even that the choices are pretty poor. A good test for these is would you have been happy to pay for anything they have released so far and my honest answer would be no, perhaps beard/hair but it would need way more options.

They have just pulled features / quests that they should have had in the game at launch just to get some nice PR and keep media focus on the game until they are ready to put out the proper dlc / expansion in a few months time.

Just to be clear I am completely happy with the base game and have put 80 plus hours into it so far and I will likely nab the expansion pass before the first one is released but these free "dlc" are just leaving me cold so far /sigh
Kopah: You gotta activate them through GOG Galaxy in Witcher 3 tab go to More and then Configure. All you gotta do is check both DLCs
onikrulz: I meant, where do you get the quest in game? It is not listed by default so how can i confirm if my DLC is working?
You'll know that it's activated when you have checked both DLCs in GOG Galaxy and it let's you load your game. I don't remember where I found this quest, but it was in one of the villages of Skellige on the Notice board so keep looking mate.
Just a little question: I haven't had any problem with the DLCs, all I want to know is if it's normal that in the game's options menu, in the downloadable content section, I only get a switch to toggle Yennefer's alternative look.
In Galaxy's configure menu I have checked all the 4 DLCs: in game, I have bought the Temerian armor set and when I went to the barber in Oxenfurt I had 6 styles of hair and 6 styles of beard to choose from.
Is everything ok this way?
Post edited May 29, 2015 by Nephilim88
Nephilim88: Just a little question: I haven't had any problem with the DLCs, all I want to know is if it's normal that in the game's options menu, in the downloadable content section, I only get a switch to toggle Yennefer's alternative look.
In Galaxy's configure menu I have checked all the 4 DLCs: in game, I have bought the Temerian armor set and when I went to the barber in Oxenfurt I had 6 styles of hair and 6 styles of beard to choose from.
Is everything ok this way?
I think so. Everything else is optional in the game (don't have to buy the Temerian armor, can choose haircut at barber). There's only an option for Yennefer because there's no option for it in game.
Well, so GOG Galaxy is, afterall mandatory if you ever want to use the DLCs then ?

I mean ok i can download something through gog downloader manually, but from what i saw, it either tells the file is corrupt, or content is incomplete or some files missing or it completely delete my whole W3 installation.

so, lets put it clearly:

WITHOUT gog galaxy that was supposed to be "optional", how do i properly install AND activate the DLCs from the files linked in the gog downloader link page or the manual download page ? I mean, a foolproof official method that is ought to work as told...
Looks like DLC's are no longer in the goodies page but has its own category now.

Djaron: WITHOUT gog galaxy that was supposed to be "optional", how do i properly install AND activate the DLCs from the files linked in the gog downloader link page or the manual download page ? I mean, a foolproof official method that is ought to work as told...
I have downloaded all the dlc from the manual download page run the installers and everything works fine for me. Yennefer dlc has option in the game options menu.
Post edited May 29, 2015 by RevengeofthePlaya