It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jwsg: Fixed in 5.0.3 - cheers
Samurant: Huzzah!

We've heard there are issues downloading v5.0.3 for Mac — we're looking into it. In the meantime, if anyone bought the Mac version from GOG and are unable to play Book Five, get in touch and I'll make sure you receive a Steam key (if you don't mind playing via Steam, that is) so that you can play this weekend, before the GOG guys can fix the issue on Monday.
I bought the Macversion. How can I get the Steam key?
Samurant: Huzzah!

We've heard there are issues downloading v5.0.3 for Mac — we're looking into it. In the meantime, if anyone bought the Mac version from GOG and are unable to play Book Five, get in touch and I'll make sure you receive a Steam key (if you don't mind playing via Steam, that is) so that you can play this weekend, before the GOG guys can fix the issue on Monday.
Arktos33: I bought the Macversion. How can I get the Steam key?
Please get in touch with me via chat.
Patch 5.0.3 isn't included in the changelog. Does that mean I'll have to download the patch separately after I download the game?
So far it is only offered through GOG Galaxy, I think. I could download up to 5.0.1 from the website, but GOG Galaxy offers to install 5.0.3.
jwsg: With the new chapter installed, when starting from a previous save, the load screen freezes after a few seconds with the rotating glyph. Using Galaxy, WIn10 64 Bit.
Samurant: Hi folks! My name is Ragnar and I work at Red Thread Games. We just found out about this truly annoying bug, and here's what's going on:

There is an issue loading some old save games (prior to version 5.0) with the new version of the game. You should have no trouble starting Book Five if you've already played through the first four — but old saves are currently not working.

(You can also start fresh on any of the books you've previously finished or gotten to; it's only loading save games (we hope!) that's affected.)

Luckily, we have a fix and we should be able to make a patch within a couple of hours. For those of you already playing Book Five, your new saves will work, so you can keep playing. For everyone else, the patch should fix the issue.

If you're currently playing earlier episodes (and happen to see this message) don't update to the Book Five version yet. We'll let you know when it's safe to proceed.

Unfortunately, we are unable to patch GOG builds ourselves — we need help from the tech guys at GOG to do so — and though we'll try our best to get hold of them, it might take some time before they can push a patch out.

Sorry about this, but we're on it and your old saves have not been lost or corrupted! If you choose 'Start Book Five' (or four, three, two, one) instead of choosing 'Continue' or loading a save game, you should be able to play without any trouble — if not, please let me know!

Again, super-super sorry about this. I don't know how we missed this bug, and though it's easy to fix, it's frustrating for everyone…especially if you have to wait for a patch to be available. We feel your pain and we'll work through the night to get this sorted!

Ragnar Tørnquist
Red Thread Games
Hi, I played and completed book 4 and I am not even getting an option to play straight into book 5. I can play a new game from scratch (which seems to work) or I have the option to load or continue, both those options cause a crash :(
Are you also going to patch the Gog website? I have tried to download galaxy and I get a message saying it is missing a file and to reinstall. So I am stuck even more now
Post edited June 18, 2016 by Jus69
So, I tried downloading with Galaxy, but it tells me the version isn't compatible with my Windows version. I realized Galaxy automatically chooses the 64bit version of the game (and there is no way to choose the 32bit version).

But the real issue lies here, though: I went to check and realized version 5.0.3 isn't listed in Galaxy. Actually, 5.01 or 5.02 aren't listed either. I simply had downloaded version 4-something again.

This is getting a little frustrating, especially since GOG has you download the ENTIRE game again and my internet isn't really the best (thanks a lot, rural area).

At this point if you're willing to give me a steam key I'd gladly take it. ;)
I downloaded the game (for windows) this morning with gog galaxy, it was already mentioned as the 5.0.3 release.
But I am stuck at the beginning of Book 5, the game doesn't find the choices of the last episodes, and the rotating glyph doesn't stop rotating. :)
It seems like this update doesn't fix the issue, at least for me.
Post edited June 18, 2016 by Lenaflo
Lenaflo: I downloaded the game (for windows) this morning with gog galaxy, it was already mentioned as the 5.0.3 release.
But I am stuck at the beginning of Book 5, the game doesn't find the choices of the last episodes, and the rotating glyph doesn't stop rotating. :)
It seems like this update doesn't fix the issue, at least for me.
What is wrong with my Galaxy then.

I swear to god I would enjoy gaming (in general) a lot more without all the technical issues. xD

Either way, it not fixing the problem is... not good :/
Bang! Bang! Bang! Sorry........ just me banging my head against the desk in frustration :D
Post edited June 19, 2016 by Jus69
Sooooo it seems I made it work. I DLed it again to my laptop (somehow galaxy showed the update on this one), and tho I have never tried playing this on my laptop it does start and load the game. Copied my save files from my other computer so I'm good to go.

We'll see if my laptop will make it without crashing, but then again, it does have a dedicated GPU so maybe it will surprise me.

Anyways, unless I come here to complain again you can consider my problem solved.

Good luck to everyone else, I feel your pain. Don't get a concussion from banging your head too much.
Ok, I was wrong, Book 5 is working for me with the 5.0.3 release from gog galaxy.
I thought it wasn't working because there's a little bug at the beginning of Book 5. The game won't show any of my previous decisions (except one with Kian), and I have to pass all the blank decisions screens for the game to begin normally. :)
The patch is up now. :)