It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With the new chapter installed, when starting from a previous save, the load screen freezes after a few seconds with the rotating glyph. Using Galaxy, WIn10 64 Bit.
Yep I get the exact same thing. It firstly doesn't recognise that I beat chapter 4; The start screen shows the 'Begin Chapter Four' button.

Then when I load my latest save from the Chapter 4 ending interlude it freezes after loading for a few seconds.

The output log shows that the game spits this message constantly when the loading freezes:
HandleD3DDeviceLost
HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost
Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename: Line: 1262)
Post edited June 17, 2016 by jvaity
Yes, Im only on Book 2 so its not chapter related. H/W wise I'm on a GTX 970 latest driver
I'm not sure if this will work, but instead of trying to get it to load chapter 5, go back to chapter 4 and play the end of chapter 4 again... maybe that will work?
Yes, same problem. Impossible to load any previous save. Bug.
More like a non functional release than a bug I'm afraid
jwsg: With the new chapter installed, when starting from a previous save, the load screen freezes after a few seconds with the rotating glyph. Using Galaxy, WIn10 64 Bit.
Hi folks! My name is Ragnar and I work at Red Thread Games. We just found out about this truly annoying bug, and here's what's going on:

There is an issue loading some old save games (prior to version 5.0) with the new version of the game. You should have no trouble starting Book Five if you've already played through the first four — but old saves are currently not working.

(You can also start fresh on any of the books you've previously finished or gotten to; it's only loading save games (we hope!) that's affected.)

Luckily, we have a fix and we should be able to make a patch within a couple of hours. For those of you already playing Book Five, your new saves will work, so you can keep playing. For everyone else, the patch should fix the issue.

If you're currently playing earlier episodes (and happen to see this message) don't update to the Book Five version yet. We'll let you know when it's safe to proceed.

Unfortunately, we are unable to patch GOG builds ourselves — we need help from the tech guys at GOG to do so — and though we'll try our best to get hold of them, it might take some time before they can push a patch out.

Sorry about this, but we're on it and your old saves have not been lost or corrupted! If you choose 'Start Book Five' (or four, three, two, one) instead of choosing 'Continue' or loading a save game, you should be able to play without any trouble — if not, please let me know!

Again, super-super sorry about this. I don't know how we missed this bug, and though it's easy to fix, it's frustrating for everyone…especially if you have to wait for a patch to be available. We feel your pain and we'll work through the night to get this sorted!

Ragnar Tørnquist
Red Thread Games
Post edited June 18, 2016 by Samurant
I believe this bug is also being discussed in the steam forums.

Page won't let me link posts, but you can go ahead and check out the topic in there.

And it looks like RTG is looking into it. I also checked around google to see what those log messages were, and it seems that it has to do with the renderer losing focus or something like that (I don't know much about code, etc ;P). Seems to be a bug with the Unity engine.

^ Oh, there it is, the post above. xD
Post edited June 17, 2016 by maurymart
Many thanks to Red Thread for replying (and for the game itself!). If you have a patch or build to try then just shout.
Post edited June 18, 2016 by jwsg
jwsg: Many thanks to Ref Thread for replying (and for the game itself!). If you have a patch or build to try then just shout.
No, hey, of course we're replying — we have a responsibility towards our players and customers, and we feel terrible about preventing people from playing the final episode of the game.

So here's the latest update: the patch is building right now, and will be tested shortly. If that works (and there's no reason it shouldn't) we'll try and find a way to get it to you guys as soon as possible (on Steam, we'll be patching right away). We've been in touch with our contacts at GOG and we have a potential solution.

Unfortunately, this won't help Linux players, who may have to wait until Monday for a fix. I'm really sorry about that, but if anyone playing Dreamfall Chapters on a Linux system want a complimentary Steam code so that they can play Book Five this weekend (and can stomach using Steam!) just let me know. (Incidentally, the Linux version is not yet live on Steam, but it should be there by tomorrow afternoon.)

I'll be back with more when there is more to come back with! Thanks so much for your patience.
Hi folks, another update:

In order to push a patch out on a Friday night, we had to use the GOG Galaxy client. The patched version (v5.0.3) of Dreamfall Chapters will be available through Galaxy, so keep that in mind — and if you don't yet use it, now is probably a good time.

ETA is unknown, but it should be quite soon.

We apologise for the inconvenience and we hope you'll all be able to load up save games and play Book Five this weekend!
will this update work on mac?
will this update be small or we have to redownoad the whole game again?
Samurant: Hi folks, another update:
Post edited June 18, 2016 by LiefLayer
Fixed in 5.0.3 - cheers
maurymart: Page won't let me link posts, but you can go ahead and check out the topic in there.
You can link to stuff as soon as your reputation hits 20 (I just helped you with that a little).

Don't let the downvote trolls bite! :) :)
jwsg: Fixed in 5.0.3 - cheers
Huzzah!

We've heard there are issues downloading v5.0.3 for Mac — we're looking into it. In the meantime, if anyone bought the Mac version from GOG and are unable to play Book Five, get in touch and I'll make sure you receive a Steam key (if you don't mind playing via Steam, that is) so that you can play this weekend, before the GOG guys can fix the issue on Monday.