It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thorfinn: Obviously it's not GOG's fault, but multiplayer is still hosed.

Had a LAN party this afternoon, and tried 1.3.0.7. Kind of loses the appeal when Skeletron gets to kill you (at ~40 armor, 400 HP) before you can even move from where you talked to the old man.I suppose we could disable frameskip, but I suspect I don't have more than 30 or so years left on the planet.

Re-Logic really screwed the pooch on this one. Don't the devs give a damn about the multi-gamer community?

At least I bought it on sale.
they do, they had been trying to pin-point the source of the issues but according to them they been having issues because they can't replicate the issue on their machines. Also keep in mind up till 1.3 there was one guy doing the coding, then he eventually hired three guys to help code and one left back in august so that leaves two guys to help try and figure out the issue while trying to get the Mac and Linux ports done by their target date and Red himself has other projects he has been wanting to get started on including a new version of his previous Super Mario X game just minus anything nintendo or mario related and Terraria 2 as well as help doing the promotional stuff for Terraria: Other World.
I know you only hear from those experiencing lag, but I'd think this would be easy to replicate. I tried installing it on a set of new workstations, and a couple hours later, they are all brought low. I've yet to find a setup that does not go south.

Do you know what kind of machines they are using? I'd consider buying a few new ones if that would fix it. But I'd hate to blow the cash and not have it fix the matter.
Thorfinn: I know you only hear from those experiencing lag, but I'd think this would be easy to replicate. I tried installing it on a set of new workstations, and a couple hours later, they are all brought low. I've yet to find a setup that does not go south.

Do you know what kind of machines they are using? I'd consider buying a few new ones if that would fix it. But I'd hate to blow the cash and not have it fix the matter.
Given how much money Red probably made from the game(12 million copies at the lowest sales price of 2.99 that's about $35,880,000 before you factor in the 30% cut that Steam and GOG take) .. there probably top of the line but who knows never asked Red, Cenix or the others.
I suppose. If they want to duplicate the problem, so far as I can tell, all they need to do is spend about $1500 each for 3 machines, then play for a couple hours.

Do you run a local server, then? And you don't have issues? What are the specs on the boxes you are using?
Thorfinn: I suppose. If they want to duplicate the problem, so far as I can tell, all they need to do is spend about $1500 each for 3 machines, then play for a couple hours.

Do you run a local server, then? And you don't have issues? What are the specs on the boxes you are using?
no I don't run a local server, I rarely play Terraria MP and when I do it's with my nephew to give him a hand and when we do play it's usually via Steam which is easier for him to do then the other methods. And yes I have Terraria on GOG as well as Steam(bought it on Steam shortly after release around 1.0.2 or 3 if memory serves and then again when it came to GOG) as for issues, I haven't run into any since 1.3.0.5 outside of a few sync issues but that's happening because someone else was using my wi-fi at the time.

As for boxes, man I usually play it on my low end laptop(my main rig is being worked on) and when I mean low end, I do mean low end, talking a 64 bit intel dual core pentium processor w/ a intel GMA X4500m intergrated graphics chip.

As for the devs, they don't do the testing soley on their set-ups they also have guys and gals that help do testing with them on the dev servers.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by DCT