It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Normally only one Jungle Biome spawns at world generation, in the opposite direction of the Dungeon, iirc.
I'll double-check that. Might have gotten my biomes mixed up. After looking, I do have a randomly placed Mahogany tree to the west, but no actual Jungle. Weird.
I am now waiting for Christmastime in Noodlevania!
HunchBluntley: I am now waiting for Christmastime in Noodlevania!
Tuesday
HunchBluntley: I am now waiting for Christmastime in Noodlevania!
tinyE: Tuesday
Saves me from having to look it up. =) Thanks.
Ran into a bad bug yesterday with a buddy of mine. We were exploring hell, and he managed to fall into a deep lava pool (which funny as all hell) that went all the way to the bottom edge of the map. For some reason, every single one of his items, including the ones that are supposed to be immune against lava, was destroyed by the edge. He lost everything. Luckily I could travel to an old single player world of mine and restock him with the most valuable items he lost.
How does one exit full-screen mode on Galaxy games? I'm playing Teraraia & can't save & quit...
I also can't bring up a help screen or options while in full-screen. Does anyone have a solution, or will I have close the Galaxy console to quit? (I'm pretty sure doing so will not save my game's progress though!)

any help will be appreciated.
GFriedmann: How does one exit full-screen mode on Galaxy games? I'm playing Teraraia & can't save & quit...
I also can't bring up a help screen or options while in full-screen. Does anyone have a solution, or will I have close the Galaxy console to quit? (I'm pretty sure doing so will not save my game's progress though!)

any help will be appreciated.
I play on galaxy, and when you hit ESC, go down to the bottom right corner where it says "setting" and click it. You'll get the menu from there.

And it's christmas! what is everyone's haul so far? I just got the parka and the candy cane pick axe. My goal is the puppy.
Crewdroog: And it's christmas! what is everyone's haul so far? I just got the parka and the candy cane pick axe. My goal is the puppy.
I've actually only played it a couple times since Christmastime hit Terraria (What little time I've spent actually playing games lately, I've mostly spent on Don't Starve and Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup), and it hasn't really grabbed me like the Halloween event did. Though that may have something to do with the fact that, so far, I've just been saving all my presents. I figure I should wait till closer to Christmas to open them. =)
Crewdroog: And it's christmas! what is everyone's haul so far? I just got the parka and the candy cane pick axe. My goal is the puppy.
HunchBluntley: I've actually only played it a couple times since Christmastime hit Terraria (What little time I've spent actually playing games lately, I've mostly spent on Don't Starve and Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup), and it hasn't really grabbed me like the Halloween event did. Though that may have something to do with the fact that, so far, I've just been saving all my presents. I figure I should wait till closer to Christmas to open them. =)
oh you have SO much more restraint than I do. I get about 10 saved up and i'm all, "I NEED TO OPEN THESE UP NOW!!!"

:) I just got the antlers.
I found a random sword in a stone and it is super OP (well, compared to anything i've ever made/found), and finally killed Cthulu and I also found/killed the fun that is the Slime King. It's funny how having a decent weapon makes fights enjoyable and not just running away crying matches.

I now also have fifty pair of antlers and lord everything else, but no puppy and no sword.
I wish I could bring myself to get back into this game, but there's a huge amount of organizing & building that I really need to do in both of my worlds, and every time I fire the game up, I just wind up shirking -- going off spelunking or fishing or whatever other random bullshit busywork seems like fun at the moment. I even started on a badly-needed expansion for the storage chest area a while back in my primary character's base, but I can't stomach the idea of removing all that stuff from 20 or so chests, deciding how to sort it all, then re-depositing all of it into the 40 or more chests that I would have room for currently. It doesn't help that I'm still determined to not upgrade to 1.3 until after I've experienced hardmode in 1.2...which is fine, for the most part, as I would have to generate a new world (which I don't want to do right now) to be able to have a chance to see all the new content; however, I also miss out on the "quality of life" enhancements, such as favoriting items, deposit all to nearby chests, etc. (sigh)

Crewdroog: I now also have fifty pair of antlers and lord everything else, but no puppy and no sword.
I'm very tempted to take this sentence and use it to resurrect my sadly-neglected "sentences that sound funny out of context" thread. =D
HunchBluntley: I wish I could bring myself to get back into this game, but there's a huge amount of organizing & building that I really need to do in both of my worlds, and every time I fire the game up, I just wind up shirking -- going off spelunking or fishing or whatever other random bullshit busywork seems like fun at the moment. I even started on a badly-needed expansion for the storage chest area a while back in my primary character's base, but I can't stomach the idea of removing all that stuff from 20 or so chests, deciding how to sort it all, then re-depositing all of it into the 40 or more chests that I would have room for currently. It doesn't help that I'm still determined to not upgrade to 1.3 until after I've experienced hardmode in 1.2...which is fine, for the most part, as I would have to generate a new world (which I don't want to do right now) to be able to have a chance to see all the new content; however, I also miss out on the "quality of life" enhancements, such as favoriting items, deposit all to nearby chests, etc. (sigh)

Crewdroog: I now also have fifty pair of antlers and lord everything else, but no puppy and no sword.
HunchBluntley: I'm very tempted to take this sentence and use it to resurrect my sadly-neglected "sentences that sound funny out of context" thread. =D
loot all, etc is so awesome.

Hahahaha, I just did everything you were talking about. I just reorganized my 7 chests (I restarted a new world) and am now building a town (yes town!) for the NPCs. Like I'll build a small red brick house for the explosives guy, a tree forty type place for the dryad (this may not happen for a bit, for now she has a cute bungalow).

Though be mindful, I have all this enthusiasm b/c i've taken a long break from the game ;)

hahahaha I always forget about the out of context thread :(

EDIT: got the candy cane hook.
Post edited December 22, 2015 by Crewdroog
HunchBluntley: but there's a huge amount of organizing & building that I really need to do
No you don't need to do that.

Seriously, just let everything remain where it is for now and then do the reorganizing in the 1.3 world once you start on that. Reorganizing an old world is work, setting up a properly organized town in a new world is fun.
HunchBluntley: but there's a huge amount of organizing & building that I really need to do
WingedKagouti: No you don't need to do that.

Seriously, just let everything remain where it is for now and then do the reorganizing in the 1.3 world once you start on that. Reorganizing an old world is work, setting up a properly organized town in a new world is fun.
For some people it's fun. Not for me, apparently. I derive most of my pleasure in this game from exploring the surface, spelunking in caves, and loot-gathering and crafting (though I really don't make much that isn't strictly utilitarian, which means a lot of the purely cosmetic stuff is somewhat superfluous to me). In my secondary world, my secondary character doesn't even have a single main base yet, and storage chests are scattered between about four different locations, including a couple of living wood trees with rooms inside where I just put up torches and said "Good enough." I started on a "floating fortress", hovering just above one of those giant trees, but I only built the entrance, two small NPC rooms, and a simple bedroom for my character before I kind of trailed off in a fit of meh. So starting yet another world, where I'll also wind up just getting by with the bare minimum of storage and NPC housing, is not very appealing to me. And if I want to keep playing in my existing worlds (and I do), I will have to bite the bullet and, at the very least, finish my storage expansion and sort all my shit (in my main world) and build a unified main storage area, plus at least a little more NPC housing (in my secondary world).

I might, at some point, just say "Fuck it" and back up my 1.2.4.1 world and character data, then install 1.3.[whatever] and start from scratch, but I wouldn't import my old saves into the new version, and I would want to go back to them in 1.2.4.1 at some point. I might do that...but I'm not there yet. (I wouldn't be surprised if 1.4 is out by the time I get around to upgrading. :) )