It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

merlinmike: ...
Hey, thanks for solving the mystery! It's a long time since I'd looked at this thread.
Post edited June 01, 2015 by SirPrimalform
When I try the Hack by my the installed RCT.EXE it just runs in 640x480. But when I try the same Hack on the unpacked.exe in the Link below it workes fine, but change the language of the game from english to german. I am using the last Version of RCT and my System is Win 8.1

Strijkbout: GOG support was kind to supply a working link for a modded RCT.EXE.
Read the readme in the zip file for instructions as for what does what.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106372714/RCT.Deluxe-GOG-windowed-mode.zip

Hurray for GOG! =)
regards
ASD-13: To complete this - i started a new try:
- uninstalled rct
- installed rct
- started original rct.exe and changed resolution to 800x600 and quit
- started the modified version (1280x720) - this one "crashed" immediately to windowed mode...

as seen in the readme from gog with the unpacked.exe: "Make sure your monitor supports the resolution you are trying to run the game (say, 1280x720), otherwise it will revert back to 640x480."
- i used again the unpacked.exe, changed the hex-values to 1280x720 - this worked for me! This resoluion is therefore supported by my system (normaly i have 1920x1080).
Well, with 1280x720 the game fully fills my monitor. Now i use this to play the game. :-)
Thanks Splatsch! :-)
Hi again, a lot of time later !
I have tried again using another computer and I encoutered the same problem as yours with my french version (which I didn't encountered on my previous main computer)... And I think I understood what's the problem : if you change the name of "RCT.EXE", the game will launch in a window, no matter what you do (even if you only do a copy of the basic .exe : for example "RCT - Copie.EXE" will automatically launch in a window even if it hasn't been modified). I don't understand WHY (computer's science), but it seems to be the problem for me. So I simply modified the original RCT.EXE and directly saved it, without creating a new file, overwriting the original. And it works.
May be for the english version, there isn't this "restriction" of the executable's filename for the game to launch correctly...
If you haven't changed your executable's filename, then forgot what I said ;) (even if it's that who solve the situation for me)

It's just in case it could help some people.

By the way, if people look for the method of the hack, here is the source : WSGF's page, which works (widescreen or window hack) with GOG's version : I installed the french version with the latest installer and directly modified RCT.EXE in the instal directory, and I can play in 1280x720 in fullscreen in french.
And there is something new here : someone created a hack that, I quote : "It basically puts the hexedited game into fullscreen in native resolution.". I tried it with one (french) version of the game hacked for window mode : it seems to work.

deropo: When I try the Hack by my the installed RCT.EXE it just runs in 640x480. But when I try the same Hack on the unpacked.exe in the Link below it workes fine, but change the language of the game from english to german. I am using the last Version of RCT and my System is Win 8.1
I'm not sure that I'll be able to help you, especially if it's maybe windows 8.1 related :/ It's a lot of reading, but I suggest you to take a look at what we discussed along the thread if you already haven't, may be you'll find an answer ?
I wish you good luck ;)

Edit : And someone need explanations concerning how to use the Hex Editor, please see here.
Post edited February 10, 2016 by Splatsch
Hi, i have the steam version and i found this forum using google. I used the hex solution provided here and it didn't work, then i downloaded the gog EXE a few posts early and it worked in full screen at 1280x720... The only problem now is the language, any idea where i can find the same EXE in spanish?

Regards.
Both GOG and Steam have the Spanish localization available. If you have it on GOG, go to your Library, select RCT and, slightly above the downloader, you'll see the LANG entry, which you should be able to switch to Español.

As for Steam, look for the "Changing the language of individual games" entry in this help page: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8487-WSCN-4121
Thank you very much merlinmike.

I downloaded and installed english, french, german, italian, spanish version from Gog, some info:
- the english version is the only to have packed rct.exe using Neolite and version 1.20.0.15
- french, german, italian, spanish rct.exe executable from Gog are not packed, are version 1.20.0.13 and you could use the patch from computerlife22
Hello everyone,

New to GOG because I wanted to play RCT and I downloaded RCT 2 Deluxe. Please forgive my computer illiteracy when it comes to reading what has been posted and solving whatever issues.

This game only plays in window mode for me. When I click on the floppy disk in the game, it does give me options to change it to 630, 1280, etc. But when I click on it, it just stays in window mode. How do I change this to be full screen. I cannot play in the window mode, it is too distracting for me.

Any help would be appreciated. in lamens terms if possible.

Running Widows 10
Post edited January 30, 2022 by layden87
layden87: Hello everyone,

New to GOG because I wanted to play RCT and I downloaded RCT 2 Deluxe. Please forgive my computer illiteracy when it comes to reading what has been posted and solving whatever issues.

This game only plays in window mode for me. When I click on the floppy disk in the game, it does give me options to change it to 630, 1280, etc. But when I click on it, it just stays in window mode. How do I change this to be full screen. I cannot play in the window mode, it is too distracting for me.

Any help would be appreciated. in lamens terms if possible.

Running Widows 10
Use this, no registry/configuration hacks needed. Mazeltov.
Since this topic has recently been revived by someone I guess I can try my luck:
Does anyone still have the depacked executable available that allows for the HEX editing to change the resolution?
All the links in the thread that used to lead to them are sadly dead, and my attempts to unpack the file myself have been unsuccessful.
GodP0w3r: Since this topic has recently been revived by someone I guess I can try my luck:
Does anyone still have the depacked executable available that allows for the HEX editing to change the resolution?
All the links in the thread that used to lead to them are sadly dead, and my attempts to unpack the file myself have been unsuccessful.
Mag ik vragen waarom je erop staat het originele spelprogramma te gebruiken?

Might I idly ask why you insist on using the original game program?
GodP0w3r: Since this topic has recently been revived by someone I guess I can try my luck:
Darvond: Mag ik vragen waarom je erop staat het originele spelprogramma te gebruiken?

Might I idly ask why you insist on using the original game program?
Hi Darvond,
As far as I can tell, the alternative would be OpenRTC.
My dislike of that solutions stems from the changes made in openRTC to the park entree fees and ride fees that the guests are willing to accept. Hence I'm trying to get the vanilla game running, but with a higher resolution.
GodP0w3r: Hi Darvond,
As far as I can tell, the alternative would be OpenRTC.
My dislike of that solutions stems from the changes made in openRTC to the park entree fees and ride fees that the guests are willing to accept. Hence I'm trying to get the vanilla game running, but with a higher resolution.
I don't recall any such changes; they're the same mechanics as can be told. Maybe they changed between 1 and 2, but that's not really a problem?