I have or better say had the same problem and here is how to solve it:
The patch never worked for me so I had to do it manually.
1) Download the following Hex Editor you can find it at this website http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/tiny-hexer-Download-35737.html
2) Install the editor and open your save game which you imported into ROA2. BEFORE YOU CHANGE ANYTHING MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR SAVEGAME.
3) You can either find it manually or by pressing Ctrl+F and look for the word "CHAR". It is usually located right before your characters name. Click the letter C of CHAR and make sure it is highlighted in the Hex editor as well.
4) Here comes the most important thing. Press Ctrl +G in the field type in +0xB7 this will take you about 5 lines further down from the word CHAR and you should see right where it lands or right next to it the number "10"
5) Replace the number 10 with 00 and save.
6) Repeat the previous steps for all your characters.
This should take care of the issue. BTW with this editor you can also change other values of your characters. All what you need for that is the windows calculator and know your character values.
I agree GOG should have either fixed the patch or given us this walkthrough. Good luck everyone and hope this helps.