It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vainamoinen: ...yet, surprise, no reaction from Ubisoft. :)
I wish there was a way that GOG could contact the original artist to get the soundtrack fixed. I think the artist's name is Stuart Chatwood.
Post edited July 18, 2015 by IronArcturus
IronArcturus:
It would be great but... I'm affraid they had to go 'official channels' first, which means... Ubi.
IronArcturus:
Bethezer: It would be great but... I'm affraid they had to go 'official channels' first, which means... Ubi.
Yeah it looks like Ubi isn't responding at all. But I would think the composer of the music would be upset that his work is all garbled. The main reason why I bought PoP: 2008 was for the soundtrack, and it's annoying that it's been broken for years. :-/
IronArcturus:
I agree it sucks but I mean that even contacting the composer would require Ubi agreement, becase they are the right holders. It's my speculations, no solid info, but usually the publishers are the one 'holding everywthing', and changing anything that is signed "it's ours" would require getting 'yes' from Ubisoft. I really hope I'm wrong, but...
IronArcturus:
Bethezer: I agree it sucks but I mean that even contacting the composer would require Ubi agreement, becase they are the right holders. It's my speculations, no solid info, but usually the publishers are the one 'holding everywthing', and changing anything that is signed "it's ours" would require getting 'yes' from Ubisoft. I really hope I'm wrong, but...
But wouldn't Ubi be unhappy that GOG has an inferior quality soundtrack? It just boggles my mind that there seems to be no way to this problem. -_-
IronArcturus: But wouldn't Ubi be unhappy that GOG has an inferior quality soundtrack?
I tried to avoid this, but... it's Ubi. Do you really think it's their, minor even, concern? For how long this soudtrack been here? In the same quality. Sadly but they are, in my opinion, ranked quite low as a company - they don't care much, because they will still get their money.
Bethezer: ]
I tried to avoid this, but... it's Ubi. Do you really think it's their, minor even, concern? For how long this soudtrack been here? In the same quality. Sadly but they are, in my opinion, ranked quite low as a company - they don't care much, because they will still get their money.
What's really sad is that UbiSoft wasn't always like this. I remember when Prince of Persia: Sands of Time came out for consoles and it was one of the best games I've ever played. Then Ubi fell to corporate DRM nonsense. The same thing happened to Electronic Arts. :-/
IronArcturus:
Agree... what can we do? The last thing I can think of would be... contacting the composer ourselfs, but there would be still the question if he could give us the 'correct' version.
Curently it's June 2018, I was just hearing the soundtrack (I received the game as a gift last night) and noticed all these issues: glitches, low quality, different volumes between songs, and had to stop during Track 34 "The Soldier Of The Citadel" because at 3:30 there's a recorded achievement sound, I think the trophy sound from the PlayStation3, that appeared out of nowhere (o_O)

It's kind of sad, really: A thread created 5 years ago reporting all these issues, and still no fix or replacement for this wonderful soundtrack... :(

Shame on you, GOG & Ubisoft.
Post edited June 11, 2018 by Azrael360
Any chance anyone could look into this? Was sad to hear all those pops in about half the tracks :/
If anyone is still interested in full high quality soundtrack - download my complete version from khinsider. It's named as "Prince of Persia Unofficial Soundtrack"