It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gmr_Leon: Not that it might help much, but I've also tried shooting Ubisoft's support twitter a few tweets asking about it, since I imagine that's partly what GOG would have to do anyway, contact Ubisoft to try to resolve the issue on some level. I would contact them more formally via their support site, but I come to GOG to avoid having to make a uPlay account.
Yeah I don't like that uPlay DRM either. The main reason I use GOG is because they're DRM-free. But I wonder what are the chances that Ubisoft will be able to fix the soundtrack problem...
IronArcturus: I wish someone could contact the composer of the music so they could send a repaired soundtrack to GOG. It's really a shame the music is still messed up. :(
I would PM Judas about this if you haven't already. I know he's gotten a few other soundtracks fixed. Perhaps he can help with this one.
Gydion: I would PM Judas about this if you haven't already. I know he's gotten a few other soundtracks fixed. Perhaps he can help with this one.
Actually I did do that last year, but unfortunately the soundtrack problem was never resolved. :( I wish there was some other way to get the soundtrack fixed.
Gydion: I would PM Judas about this if you haven't already. I know he's gotten a few other soundtracks fixed. Perhaps he can help with this one.
IronArcturus: Actually I did do that last year, but unfortunately the soundtrack problem was never resolved. :( I wish there was some other way to get the soundtrack fixed.
I went ahead and sent another PM, so they could see you weren't alone in your interest in seeing it resolved. Doubtful it will come to much, but it takes like a second to try all these different avenues. =)
This is SO sad.

That soundtrack is just brilliant... :(
=/ Support gave me the heads up that they don't have a better version available. And Ubisoft's support hasn't gotten back to me yet, despite sending them a tweet a day (I think) since finding this out.

Edit: Went ahead and submitted a support ticket to Ubisoft. They say they've noted it as a complaint and escalated it to the development team. We'll see where that goes, I guess.

Edit: I've been told that if there were any new information concerning the improvement of the OST's quality or resolution of its quality issues, that they would be most likely to post it on their official forums or on the support site. I've informed them that it would be best to post any such info here as well, as I imagine many of us wouldn't notice it in either of those spots.

As far as I can tell I don't think that submitting more tickets would help much, but if you felt so inclined, you might try it to improve the prioritization of this being addressed.
Post edited April 13, 2015 by Gmr_Leon
Gmr_Leon: I don't think that submitting more tickets would help much
On the contrary I'd say flood and bombard them with tickets and maybe they'd do something ...
For those interested, I decided to pick up this and another game as part of the Ubisoft sale and this remains an issue. I downloaded this soundtrack and checked the tracks mentioned by OP, hoping maybe no one had checked in awhile and it had been quietly resolved, but no luck. This soundtrack is still muddled by popping in some tracks. =/
Thanks for not letting this slip quietly. This just HAS to be resolved.
I asked gog support and this is the answer:

"Hello,
I am afraid that we were unable to obtain this soundtrack in a better quality, without these problems. If we ever get a better version, we will exchange it.
I apologise for the inconvenience."
For your information I opened a thread on the official Ubisoft forum but I don't know if I can post the link here.
Elanigiro: For your information I opened a thread on the official Ubisoft forum but I don't know if I can post the link here.
No please, of course you can. If GOG can't get the official soundtrack on its own, only Ubisoft can help.

This is not good PR for them after all...
Elanigiro: For your information I opened a thread on the official Ubisoft forum but I don't know if I can post the link here.
Vainamoinen: No please, of course you can. If GOG can't get the official soundtrack on its own, only Ubisoft can help.

This is not good PR for them after all...
Ok. Here's the link:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1072298-Prince-of-Persia-2008-Soundtrack-issues?s=ecab2b2aa11e0ec29bb95a7f0c593a10
Post edited July 07, 2015 by Elanigiro
Thanks. It's no coincidence this thread has received a second post, BTW. :)
...yet, surprise, no reaction from Ubisoft. :)