It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TheNewRomance: I'm still on version 2.00, so where's the patches for 2.01 and 2.02? I cannot use the current patch to update...
If you haven't kept up, and GOG have removed the older patches, then you'll have to re-download, uninstall and re-install.
TheNewRomance: I'm still on version 2.00, so where's the patches for 2.01 and 2.02? I cannot use the current patch to update...
Hickory: If you haven't kept up, and GOG have removed the older patches, then you'll have to re-download, uninstall and re-install.
Oh come on, GOG, the 2.00 patch came out something like two months ago. The older patches of the 1.x versions were around *forever*, and now I'm obliged to download 6.5 GB of data because GOG can't be bothered to keep the last three patches or so for a few months? That's not very user-friendly.
Post edited November 01, 2015 by TheNewRomance
Eh... anybody else's characters lost their ability to run after the patch? I mean everyone now just walks, I loaded save left from my first walkthrough with boots of speed found and even there character now slowly walks. FFS, this game (and some others, I look at you, Wasteland 2) lack of quick travel kills every moment of backtracking already, and now game turned into walking simulator?
RudyLis: Eh... anybody else's characters lost their ability to run after the patch? I mean everyone now just walks, I loaded save left from my first walkthrough with boots of speed found and even there character now slowly walks. FFS, this game (and some others, I look at you, Wasteland 2) lack of quick travel kills every moment of backtracking already, and now game turned into walking simulator?
IIRC the patch was supposed to remove speed bonuses outside of combat to make entire party move at the same pace - but not to reduce the overall movement speed in any way. At any rate, at least Pillars contains a fast forward button if all else fails...
Fenixp: IIRC the patch was supposed to remove speed bonuses outside of combat to make entire party move at the same pace - but not to reduce the overall movement speed in any way. At any rate, at least Pillars contains a fast forward button if all else fails...
Grr. Why do that, if when two teammembers with different speed selected, game automatically matched their speed to slowest one already? All this backtracking was annoying as fuck during first playthrough, now, with nearly third, it even more so - basically every activity that does not require gathering our party before venturing forth now as fast as wading through molasses neck deep. /facepalm And now Galaxy redownloads 6+ Gb of data to patch game from 2.02 to 2.03, despite the fact I already did that manually. :D Oh, and character in boots of speed (not any +1 speed garment) indeed walks, not runs, though with same speed as others. Others do run, but it feels like they move slower than they did prior patch.

FF button is there, but it speeds up everything, and given that enemies spot us basically on the edge of visibility radius, it's not the best way to deal with "ambushes". Oh well. GoG, can I haz my 2.02 back please? We really need that revert button.

By the way, is it me, or when enemy is killed through Cipher's power usage, it does not goes to bestiary experience? I just noticed I have a deficit of entries in comparison with my previous plathroughs (I follow exactly same pattern, so it should be if not direct match, then very close).

Regardless, thank you for reply, Fenixp, you've been helpful as always.:)
RudyLis: FF button is there, but it speeds up everything, and given that enemies spot us basically on the edge of visibility radius, it's not the best way to deal with "ambushes". Oh well. GoG, can I haz my 2.02 back please? We really need that revert button.
There should be an auto-pause option for spotting an enemy, I would never try to play the game without it - actually, if you do have it enabled, most of the time your game pauses while enemy is just at the edge of your vision (which means he won't see you - the game is set up in such a way that you always spot your enemy before your enemy spots you) and you get a ton of time to react. Similarly you can set the game to auto-pause upon detection of a trap, incredibly useful.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I do believe there's an option to stop your party from moving any further when they spot an enemy - and since most enemies are not moving very much, they won't spot you even on fast forward.

As to why was the change implemented, I have no idea - the most important reason for my rogue to have boots of speed was that I could scout faster while outside combat and bugger off if I got noticed.

Oh, and isn't the version you can download off the site 2.02?
Post edited November 07, 2015 by Fenixp
Like other people have mentioned, unless you are on version 2.02 (GOG 11), you cannot use the current 2.03 (GOG 12) patch. I'm still on version 2.01 (GOG 10 I take it), and there's no way I'm downloading and reinstalling the whole game again to update. We need some more patches here, so people with older versions can update their games.
Fenixp: There should be an auto-pause option for spotting an enemy, I would never try to play the game without it - actually, if you do have it enabled, most of the time your game pauses while enemy is just at the edge of your vision (which means he won't see you - the game is set up in such a way that you always spot your enemy before your enemy spots you) and you get a ton of time to react. Similarly you can set the game to auto-pause upon detection of a trap, incredibly useful.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I do believe there's an option to stop your party from moving any further when they spot an enemy - and since most enemies are not moving very much, they won't spot you even on fast forward.
Yes and no. I had that option checked from very start, but detection is kinda mutual - if I can see them, they do see me, regardless of my characters perception (which is kinda sad - no point specializing in "sharp" character). The only way to avoid combat was using sneak. Now, without any out of combat boosts, sneaking around is VEEEEEERYYY SLOOOOW.
Maybe it should be lore and logic wise, but game-wise? Not so much. I'd prefer an option to have lore-friendly sneak and usability-friendly sneak. After all, technological advantages are there to save our time, otherwise I'd suggest Obsidian to abandon phones, cars and other forms of progress, and use walking instead of driving, their lungs and vocal chords instead of making calls, abandon grocery stores and hunt for food with sticks and stones. Don't like it? Well, don't waste my time with "gather your party". Good for laughter and nostalgia, but that's not old school, that's ancient-school. I already completed the game, now I'm just exploring different character build to see different dialogue options I missed before. So no "tactical advantage" for me, I play on easiest difficulty now and don't care about anything other than new sides of story. I wonder when we will finally see an "RPG" where we have true "narrative" difficulty just for that, meaning really no combat - some are in form of skippable cutscenes, other just suggesting you won by default (like those hundreds of thousands dogs, wolves, drowners, nekkers, deserters, and other low-level game from Witcher 3, I could gladly live without their interference). This way we'll cut off unnecessary length for those not needing it (or not liking current implementation of combat) and be able to enjoy game as it is. Not just those cheap arse "easy fights" (yeah, sure, do 50 clicks vs 250 clicks and die five times less frequently), but no fights whatsoever.
That's why I prefer games remembering they are games and their sole purpose is to entertain, not to annoy in the name of holy realism (which isn't there anyway). So it's a matter of comfort for me as a player - on normal speed but with movement speed boost I can manually "microcontrol" my scout, while on FF I had to rely on auto-pause (besides I just don't like that FF movement effect). Plus, if I'm not mistaken, game doesn't have "halt" button (same as Wasteland 2). Not always needed, but at times I miss that option.

Fenixp: As to why was the change implemented, I have no idea - the most important reason for my rogue to have boots of speed was that I could scout faster while outside combat and bugger off if I got noticed.
Yup, same for me, only I use ranger instead. :) *Thick Slavic accent* Me and my faithful Szarik. /grin

Fenixp: Oh, and isn't the version you can download off the site 2.02?
No can do - they upgraded core file with 2.03 already. Guess I have to ask their support to sent me previous version, as I did after one of first patches, when my characters started to die out randomly. Only... They won't reply till Monday, maybe Tuesday. And Tuesday is Starcraft 2 and Fallout 4 release day. As much as I want to explore few dialogue options left, SC2 and F4 will outweigh PoE hands down. Tsk.
I don't know how difficult it is for GoG to keep older versions to let people revert to them in case they wouldn't like new ones, but I do hope we'll see that feature not on demand, but readily available.
RudyLis: Grr. Why do that, if when two teammembers with different speed selected, game automatically matched their speed to slowest one already?
I noticed a thread on the Obsidian forums about Boots of Speed being "overpowered" outside of combat for exploring and disarming traps etc. I'm kinda on the fence about that change, but the boots greatly help speed up the most boring parts of the game, so why take that away.

IMO it should something that's only disabled on Path of the Damned and/or Expert Mode, not a blanket nerf.

What I wish they could fix is the walking animation of characters that are having their speed surpressed. They walk like they got a iron rod up the ass instead of the normal walking animation.
Post edited November 08, 2015 by MikeMaximus