It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Effortless fighter for P-Stache

Race: Human

Alignment: LG or LE

Stats:
Str: 19 > 24
Dex: 13
Con: 14
Int: 11
Wis: 8
Cha: 14

Final Build: Fighter 9/Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 4/Monk(Traditional) 1/Bard(Archaeologist) 2/Dragon Disciple 4

Main skills: Mobility 3, Persuasion (Max),
Suggested secondary skills: Perception (Max), Athletics 1, Trickery(Spare)

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Fighter - Dodge // Armor Focus: Heavy // Weapon Focus: Longsword
Lvl 2: Fighter - Dazzling Display
Lvl 3: Alchemist - Accomplished Sneak Attacker
Lvl 4: Monk - Crane Style
Lvl 5: Fighter - Outflank
Lvl 6: Fighter - Weapon Specialization: Longsword
Lvl 7: Fighter - Shatter Defenses // Heavy Blades
Lvl 8: Fighter - Two-Weapon Fighting(+2 dex item)
Lvl 9: Fighter - Improved Two-Weapon Fighting(+4 dex item)
Lvl 10: Fighter - Improved Critical: Longsword
Lvl 11: Fighter - Greater Weapon Focus: Longsword // Effortless Dual-Wielding // Heavy Blades
Lvl 12: Alchemist - Feral Mutagen
Lvl 13: Alchemist - Greater Two-Weapon Fighting(+6 dex item)
Lvl 14: Bard
Lvl 15: Bard - Crane Wing // Combat Trick: Crane Riposte
Lvl 16: Dragon Disciple
Lvl 17: Dragon Disciple - Double Slice // Intimidating Prowess
Lvl 18: Dragon Disciple
Lvl 19: Dragon Disciple - Power Attack
Lvl 20: Alchemist - Combat Trick > Dreadful Carnage

Alchemist spells: Shield, True Strike, Invisibility, Restoration(Lesser)
Bard Spells: Cure Light Wounds, Remove Fear, Mirror Image, Cure Moderate Wounds, Sense Vitals

Gear: Mithral Plate, +Stat belt, +Stat hat, Ac gear.
BIS: Onslaught, Absolver/Castigator cloak, gyronna amulet, Ring of circumstances, Dreamer ring, Alkali gloves, Opportunist’s boots, Redeemer. Perfection.

Longsword was picked to avoid spending a feat. Also Redeemer+Perfection is a nice combo. Both are from artisan, one of them is a masterpiece, but at least they are present in the game and achievable bit past midgame if you are perfect with your kingdom management.. If you really want bastard swords you’d likely need a crafting mod to cheat them in.
Swap Armor Focus for Eotic Weapon proficiency of you really want to.

Max melee AC is 68 with all gear Legendary proportions, transformation, and a shield spell. 64 ranged AC 34/30 touch(nothing can be done).

Could abuse monk gear for more AC, but I’m unsure if that’s what you wanted. Drop armor focus, be LG, pick scaled fist. Grab +8bracers, Protector robes and you will have about 6 ac more and 10 extra touch AC. Those are just realities of monk vs heavy. Either should be fine on challenging and below. Monk is probably better for hard and I wouldn't do this sort of things on unfair

Crane wing/riposte work with whatever weapon set as of now.

Shield is self-sustainable with lesser extend wands. Or employ jubilost for that. You wont say no for extra transformation casts from him either. And you need Jubilost for echolocation in endgame anyways.
Post edited May 12, 2019 by InEffect
@InEffect

The build looks good. Thank you so much for your effort!
Post edited May 12, 2019 by P-Stache
Hello,

I was looking for a melee main character, who would deal massive damage and yet be able to hold her own in close combat (not necessarily main tank though as that would be Valerie in my party), preferably a 2h. Doesn't matter if she casts spells. Greataxes and elven curve blades both seem great and cool, though whatever 2h weapon works better would be fine. I realize those two options I mentioned might require completely different builds, but I would prefer the stronger one as it would be great if she could work even on hard difficulty.

Flavor wise if the elven curve sword is the stronger option for this build I'd prefer her to be an elf. Otherwise race doesn't really matter.

However, if, just for an example, some sort of Sword Saint build would be stronger all-around for my needs I'd be open to such build as well.

I own the season pass and minmaxing is fine to me.

I really appreciate the work you have done and am thankful =)
Post edited May 13, 2019 by PETEX93
PETEX93: Hello,

I was looking for a melee main character, who would deal massive damage and yet be able to hold her own in close combat (not necessarily main tank though as that would be Valerie in my party), preferably a 2h. Doesn't matter if she casts spells. Greataxes and elven curve blades both seem great and cool, though whatever 2h weapon works better would be fine. I realize those two options I mentioned might require completely different builds, but I would prefer the stronger one as it would be great if she could work even on hard difficulty.

Flavor wise if the elven curve sword is the stronger option for this build I'd prefer her to be an elf. Otherwise race doesn't really matter.

However, if, just for an example, some sort of Sword Saint build would be stronger all-around for my needs I'd be open to such build as well.

Elven Arcane Warrior
PETEX93: Hello,

InEffect: Elven Arcane Warrior
Thank you, that build looks exciting and really flavorful to me! I'm really looking forward to playing it =)

So the basic idea is to self-buff, de-buff enemies and then smack them with 2h sneak attacks and spells?
PETEX93: Thank you, that build looks exciting and really flavorful to me! I'm really looking forward to playing it =)

So the basic idea is to self-buff, de-buff enemies and then smack them with 2h sneak attacks and spells?
Pretty much that. Has decent AB/AC to show for his efforts. Not exactly unfair material, but is solid enough. probably want to abuse persuasion Exp to go level 20, but that's a given in the meta.
Post edited May 13, 2019 by InEffect
PETEX93: Thank you, that build looks exciting and really flavorful to me! I'm really looking forward to playing it =)

InEffect: Pretty much that. Has decent AB/AC to show for his efforts. Not exactly unfair material, but is solid enough. probably want to abuse persuasion Exp to go level 20, but that's a given in the meta.
Thank you for all your help! I'm thankful that this community has people like you helping =)

Just one more question, how does this build fare on hard difficulty then?
PETEX93: Just one more question, how does this build fare on hard difficulty then?
should be ok. Won't be too hard to ramp his AC to reasonable levels with mage armor/monk/cat's grace/eagle's splendor.
Easier at later levels as you get some more feats and better monk gear
Best curved blade is from failing to uncurse cloak of sold souls from somebody. jaethal is perfect for that as she doesn't actually die.
Post edited May 13, 2019 by InEffect
So wanted to make a longbow using character but wanted to do something bit different, so got the levels sorted out in my head but wanted to ask which order to take feats and such.

1-2 Divine hunter (Precise shot, CHA to saves)
3-5 Sorcerer (draconic bloodline, 3 caster level)
6-9 Dragon disciple (+4 STR, 3 caster level)
10-19 Eldritch knight(full BAB, 9 caster level, fighter bonus feats)
20 Sorcerer

All in all nets good amount of spells, 17 BAB, enough feats for focusing on the ranged aspect and some other stuff on the side.

So mostly curious what feats and which order you would take them with this build? Also what race and starting attributes would you pick? Would probably select human myself and STR 16 DEX 19 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 7 CHA 14(get +4 CHA headband fairly early and +6 all mental stats from coronation so will be enough to get decent amount of casts per day)
jimmybackman: So wanted to make a longbow using character but wanted to do something bit different, so got the levels sorted out in my head but wanted to ask which order to take feats and such.

1-2 Divine hunter (Precise shot, CHA to saves)
3-5 Sorcerer (draconic bloodline, 3 caster level)
6-9 Dragon disciple (+4 STR, 3 caster level)
10-19 Eldritch knight(full BAB, 9 caster level, fighter bonus feats)
20 Sorcerer

All in all nets good amount of spells, 17 BAB, enough feats for focusing on the ranged aspect and some other stuff on the side.

So mostly curious what feats and which order you would take them with this build? Also what race and starting attributes would you pick? Would probably select human myself and STR 16 DEX 19 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 7 CHA 14(get +4 CHA headband fairly early and +6 all mental stats from coronation so will be enough to get decent amount of casts per day)
If you go human there is litle reason to go for 10 int. better bump con and/or Cha instead so you won't get shotted as much. I'd also consider going dex 18 or 17 for more stats in other places. 1-2 AB won't make or break the case.

As for the feats dazzling and shatter asap for sure. Rapid and multishot are a must.

I'd also consider moving 2nd pal to level 20 as you need level 8 spells more than you need those cha saves. It's not like saves matter that much and you can always use a cleric buff for those should you need them real bad.

Otherwise, it's serviceable.Won't break any records, but it'd work. I also would consider fighter1/Sorc4/DD4/EK10/V1 for extra 2d6 damage and mutagen.
Hi InEffect,

thanks for all your cool builds.
I would like to ask you for one, too.

I have read your Unfair Kineticist (just registered, can't post links), and want to ask if it would be possible to build my MC to use Cold or Electric as a main damage dealer for my party? Preferrable Cold, continued with Water and than probably Air as some kind of frost-borne char (RP-idea). But Electric would be fine, too.
I don't want to use Kinetic Blade, except if it absolutly disqualifies the build if I don't use it.
I know that I can't get Dreadful Carnage for control with Cold or Electric, but is it that necessary?
My idea doesn't give me Deadly Earth, but cloud later on.

I plan to build on challenging, so it does not need to be unfair viable. Maybe later switch to hard if I have the feeling it is to easy. Or to normal if to difficult ;)

thx for your work!!

EDIT:
Reducing STR and INT to 7 is fine for me.
Post edited May 17, 2019 by DSMTyralion
Ice/Air Kineticist for DSMTyralion

Race: Human

Alignment: LG

Stats:
Str: 7
Dex: 19 > 24
Con: 16
Int: 10
Wis: 7
Cha: 16

Final Build: Kineticist 19 / Monk(Scaled Fist) 1

Main skills: Mobility 3, Persuasion (Max)
Suggested secondary skills: Perception (Max), UMD (Spare)

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Kineticist - Point-Blank Shot // Precise shot // Water > Cold // Extended Range
Lvl 2: Kineticist - Slick
Lvl 3: Kineticist - Weapon Focus: Kinetic Blast // Kinetic Blade(out of options)
Lvl 4: Kineticist - Elemental Whispers > Lizard Famillar
Lvl 5: Kineticist - Dazzling Display // Entangling Infusion
Lvl 6: Monk - Crane Style
Lvl 7: Kineticist - Dodge // Skill Focus: Persuasion
Lvl 8: Kineticist - Earth
Lvl 9: Kineticist - Shatter Defenses // Earth > Trip
Lvl 10: Kineticist - Bowling Infusion
Lvl 11: Kineticist - Crane Wing // Earth > Greater Trip
Lvl 12: Kineticist - Wall
Lvl 13: Kineticist - Fury’s Fall // Enduring Earth
Lvl 14: Kineticist - Deadly Earth
Lvl 15: Kineticist - Crane Riposte // Expanded Defense > Earth
Lvl 16: Kineticist - Air > Air
Lvl 17: Kineticist - Persuasive // Water > Blind Fight
Lvl 18: Kineticist - Cloud
Lvl 19: Kineticist - Improved Critical: Kinetic Blast // Tidal Wave
Lvl 20: Kineticist - Fragmentation // Empower

Gear: monk robes, gloves of valor, Kineticist circlet, Stat belt, Ring of circumstances, Absolver Cloak, and other AC gear. Can also make use of crit range kineticist ring.
Pretty straightforward, although the loss of fire hurts real bad. Not sure how he’d deal with ghosts. Probably would cry a lot. On the other hand, will have a pretty smooth ride early-game and won’t be a suffer to play due to huge AC past level 6.

We could technically start with Air > Electricity and end with Water > Water to deal with that, but slick is actually awesome bit of utility early and we have better progression that way. Reason we didn’t end with electricity instead is we actually want composite blasts. Both blizzard for cloud and Sand for deadly earth is what we’d have to rely on in the absence of steam and magma. Other thing we could do is go phys water to start, but that's pure suffer to attack full AC for 16 levels.

If you want it real smooth swap Air to fire at 16 and grab Overload instead of tidal and dreadful instead of blind fight. That way you would get constant dazzling for free and a way to deal with ghosts. Would have to drop cloud, but it's whatever.

Gather power(Low) is your friend for early levels and once composite blasts come online it will be back in style.

Might be a bit too good for challenging still.
Post edited May 17, 2019 by InEffect
Whao, that was fast, thanks a lot.

I have some questions if that is ok:
Why does losing fire hurt so much? Because of the missing CC through Dreadful Carnage? I guess that is the reason why you switched to Monk instead of Thug, because CC will be weaker anyways and that way we will have more defense?
Or because of the lost composite blast at kineticist lvl 7?
Does fire really that much more damage? Or is it simply the superior element for kineticists?

Do I understand this correctly, we absolutly need Deadly Earth AND Cloud for the endgame?
Talking about the endgame, are the ghosts immune to physical and cold damage?
DSMTyralion: Whao, that was fast, thanks a lot.

I have some questions if that is ok:
Why does losing fire hurt so much? Because of the missing CC through Dreadful Carnage? I guess that is the reason why you switched to Monk instead of Thug, because CC will be weaker anyways and that way we will have more defense?
Or because of the lost composite blast at kineticist lvl 7?
Does fire really that much more damage? Or is it simply the superior element for kineticists?

Do I understand this correctly, we absolutly need Deadly Earth AND Cloud for the endgame?
Talking about the endgame, are the ghosts immune to physical and cold damage?
Nah. Mostly cause Ice is the most resisted element ever, overload is a nice boost for damage and some such. Dreadful is nice to have as well. Generally main problem is air sucks compared to every other element out there.
If we are already going for Water start monk is a no-brainer. That's a whole lot of AC right from the get go. I would go kinetic blade if that was an option, but it's ok still.

and yes ghosts are immune to both cold and phys. Wild hunt is immune to cold, but you would have sand deadly earth for those.
Undead in general are immune to cold so at some points you would have to use earth blasts for those. Will be a bit of a pain, but won't be too bad.

As mentioned we could start with electricity, but it would cost us in terms of progression and unlike fire you don't have much to gain from that. Or we could end with electricity and make most of the game hell in the process.
Electric start is not even that bad, but I have not a single idea what would be 1level dip for those. It's not like a lot of things are beneficial. It's not by coincidence both of my kineticists go earth/fire/water in some combination.

basically the reality is even if the game tries to convince you in the eralygame that fire gets resisted a lot it is not the case and apart from [spoiler place] it never happens.

Composite blasts are cool but really matter the most for wall and deadly earth. And it's not that far away from 3rd element.

i wouldn't worry too much though. The build is solid enough and just bring jubilost along to murder everything you'd have trouble with.
Post edited May 17, 2019 by InEffect
Thx again for your answer. I am going to think about it and perhaps use your Unfair Kineticist for my MC and the build above for Kaessi, so if I have the feeling it doesn't work that well I can ditch her.
Going to use the respecc-Toll for her. We will see.

Thx for your help and all the information :)