It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

raziel7099: Would you be able to create a high DPS knife master core build? I've seen the noble assassin, but I'm not inclined to go lawful and would prefer to be neutral or chaotic good instead. Is this just something that's better served playing as something else and bringing Nok-Nok with the party, or is this something the MC could do similarly effectively as well?

Min-max is okay, I have Wildcards, no race preference, multiclassing is fine, and as I said, I'd prefer to not have to be lawful.
InEffect: You want a novelty build or something that can actually survive? Because the latter would be mostly an alchemist and the former would be something like Nok-Nok give or take.
I would definitely like something that can actually survive. Once you start with knife master, if you move to vivisectonist do you still keep the d8 sneak attacks?
raziel7099: I would definitely like something that can actually survive. Once you start with knife master, if you move to vivisectonist do you still keep the d8 sneak attacks?
you do, yes.
raziel7099: I would definitely like something that can actually survive. Once you start with knife master, if you move to vivisectonist do you still keep the d8 sneak attacks?
InEffect: you do, yes.
Fantastic - something like that sounds ideal then.
Knife Master for raziel7099

Race: Halfling

Alignment: any Good or Evil

Stats:
Str: 8
Dex: 19 > 24
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 10
Cha: 14

Final Build: Rogue(Knife Master) 4/Alchemist(Vivisectionist) 16

Main skills: Mobility 3, Persuasion Max, Trickery Max, Perception Max
Suggested secondary skills: UMD, Stealth

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Rogue - Dodge
Lvl 2: Alchemist
Lvl 3: Alchemist - Improved Unarmed // Feral Mutagen
Lvl 4: Alchemist
Lvl 5: Alchemist - Cautious Fighter // Combat Trick > Crane Style
Lvl 6: Alchemist
Lvl 7: Alchemist - Outflank // Feral Wings*
Lvl 8: Alchemist
Lvl 9: Alchemist - Two-Weapon Fighting // Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Lvl 10: Alchemist
Lvl 11: Alchemist - Martial Weapon Proficiency // Crippling Strike
Lvl 12: Rogue - Opportunist
Lvl 13: Rogue - Improved Critical: Kukri // Finesse: Kukri
Lvl 14: Rogue - Double Debilitation
Lvl 15: Alchemist - Greater Two-Weapon Fighting
Lvl 16: Alchemist - Greater Mutagen
Lvl 17: Alchemist - Weapon Focus: Kukri
Lvl 18: Alchemist - Combat Trick > Dazzling Display
Lvl 19: Alchemist - Shatter Defenses
*If you have varnhold. Combat trick > Outflank and Accomplished Sneak Attacker otherwise

Spells: Shield, Reduce Person, True Strike, Barkskin, Restoration(Lesser), Displacement, Haste, Delay Poison(Communal), Greater Invisibility, False Life(Greater), Echolocation, Stoneskin(Communal), Spell Resistance, Transformation

Gear: Daggers till Martial proficiency, Kukris after. Censor robe, AC bracers, +Stat hats/belts, Opportunist’s boots
Luxury: Absolver/Castigator Cloak, Dreamer ring, Ring of circumstances(dex, AC, skills, Int), Alkali Gloves, Gyronna Amulet, Bokken elixir

Didn’t dump STR too hard so you’d actually be able to wear some gear early. Not a min/max build as a result.

Goes with off-hand free till lvl 9. That’s because early-game it’s more profitable to stack AC. -2 attack early actually steals as much damage as the attack would give. We get a bite instead - good enough.

Delayed rogue levels till later for a few reasons. First being we get 2d8 sneak attack at level 2. Second being while our dex is low you don’t exactly get that much damage out of finesse weapons anyways. Second, You can pick both opportunist and double slice that way.

I don’t know where weasel kukris are or if they are even in the game. But those are BIS for you. Otherwise just steal the ones you get from nok-nok quests.

Skipped Double slice. It’s not that much damage compared to sneak dice even with 46dex that you can have by level 20 in top gear. Getting shatter is a higher priority imo(and even that had to be delayed quite a bit).

Skipped Combat Reflexes in favor of opportunist’s boots. If you really want it you can sacrifice Double debuilitation for it.

Skipped Accomplished Sneak Attacker. You already have 10d8 Sneak attack by 20. It’s much more impactful early. Earliest you can fit it in is instead of martial at 11, skip crippling and take martial as a combat trick, then take crippling instead of double debilitation later.

Stacks AC to 70+ and Touch AC to 50. Unhittable on unfair(although the start might be very rough due to no monk levels and gradual AC ramp as a result)
Post edited May 01, 2019 by InEffect
Hello! I've got a question, and request (again) to You. Can we make a functional class of necromancer? You know, summoning the undead, curse an enemy, magically break their bones and crush their heart etc.? If its possible can u make one for me?
Grochol92: Hello! I've got a question, and request (again) to You. Can we make a functional class of necromancer? You know, summoning the undead, curse an enemy, magically break their bones and crush their heart etc.? If its possible can u make one for me?
I can. It'll be kinda shite, but sure I can.
There are a few ways of doing it.
Arcane/Sage sorc.
Some sort of cleric. Might even have a scythe for being more of an edgelord.
Grochol92: Hello! I've got a question, and request (again) to You. Can we make a functional class of necromancer? You know, summoning the undead, curse an enemy, magically break their bones and crush their heart etc.? If its possible can u make one for me?
InEffect: I can. It'll be kinda shite, but sure I can.
There are a few ways of doing it.
Arcane/Sage sorc.
Some sort of cleric. Might even have a scythe for being more of an edgelord.
So we can't be almighty dark overlord, or even helpful for our team. That sad, but thanks for reply. I don't know why, but in all rpg games necromancy spec its shitty one, I was hope that in pathfinder will be better.
Grochol92: So we can't be almighty dark overlord, or even helpful for our team. That sad, but thanks for reply. I don't know why, but in all rpg games necromancy spec its shitty one, I was hope that in pathfinder will be better.
well... If you go sage sorc with profane staff and cloak of lost souls the DC's will be good enough. Only problem would be undead and the fact that spells tend to run out. And that you will be made of paper. Otherwise totally serviceable. Only problem being conjueror does the whole control through huge DC's thing much better.
Post edited May 02, 2019 by InEffect
Grochol92: So we can't be almighty dark overlord, or even helpful for our team. That sad, but thanks for reply. I don't know why, but in all rpg games necromancy spec its shitty one, I was hope that in pathfinder will be better.
InEffect: well... If you go sage sorc with profane staff and cloak of lost souls the DC's will be good enough. Only problem would be undead and the fact that spells tend to run out. And that you will be made of paper. Otherwise totally serviceable. Only problem being conjueror does the whole control through huge DC's thing much better.
Nevermind, I just try yours Sylvan Sorc build, but what are you think about giant centipede or monitorlizard pet? Cause i don't like leopard and smilidon. Sorry for bothering you but i just want to hear some experienced opinion.
Post edited May 02, 2019 by Grochol92
InEffect: well... If you go sage sorc with profane staff and cloak of lost souls the DC's will be good enough. Only problem would be undead and the fact that spells tend to run out. And that you will be made of paper. Otherwise totally serviceable. Only problem being conjueror does the whole control through huge DC's thing much better.
Grochol92: Nevermind, I just try yours Sylvan Sorc build, but what a you think about giant centipede or monitorlizard pet? Cause i don't like leopard and smilidon. Sorry for bothering you but i just want to hear some experienced opinion.
Lizard at least trips, so that's usable. Poison DC's are laughably low, so that can be safely ignored. You can think of lizard as a leopard with 2 less attacks per round.
Meta pets are Smilodon/Leopard. Then Bear/Elk/Mastodon(if you can handle the noise) Then goes everyone with 1 attack+trip, and then total losers that have only one attack and no trip
Post edited May 02, 2019 by InEffect
Grochol92: Nevermind, I just try yours Sylvan Sorc build, but what a you think about giant centipede or monitorlizard pet? Cause i don't like leopard and smilidon. Sorry for bothering you but i just want to hear some experienced opinion.
InEffect: Lizard at least trips, so that's usable. Poison DC's are laughably low, so that can be safely ignored. You can think of lizard as a leopard with 2 less attacks per round.
Meta pets are Smilodon/Leopard. Then Bear/Elk/Mastodon(if you can handle the noise) Then goes everyone with 1 attack+trip, and then total losers that have only one attack and no trip
Thanks.
Hello,

Quick question. Around how much AC do you recommend for Melee Damage Dealers in hard mode? I already have a tank/off tank. Just want to make sure my DD's are not too vulnerable.
petey488: Hello,

Quick question. Around how much AC do you recommend for Melee Damage Dealers in hard mode? I already have a tank/off tank. Just want to make sure my DD's are not too vulnerable.
65-ish should be enough to be untouchable.
Hello again,

I asked on the other thread about the viability of the Mad Doge build on Hard, appreciate your answer. Do you have any suggestion for a melee reach build that would fare well on hard?
Hello inEffect,

I've been a big fan of your builds. I just finished a run in BG2:ToB and I'm just wondering if you could make a few tweaks on your "What About Dragons" Build. I want to do a run in Kingmaker as Abazigal, a Blue Dragon that can turn into a humaniod. (was about to post a link regarding him but was unable to)

Is it possible to make that build pure melee? I would appreciate a response. Thanks!