It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just stumbled on this post and wanted to praise InEffect for the awesome work and wiliness to help. Thank you.
Leokosta: Just stumbled on this post and wanted to praise InEffect for the awesome work and wiliness to help. Thank you.
You are welcome.
HI. I've love to see your take on a Defender of the True World focused on his/her wildshape. It'd be a bit easier if they had the Wild armor enchant in the game, but we take what we can get.

Ideally would at least still be passable at persuasion, since they'd be the king/queen. Not super averse to min-maxing but would love to have 2 skill points a level minimum.
Post edited April 28, 2019 by kreative_katt
Shifter Druid for kreative_katt

Race: Human
We need the feat more than we need some stats

Alignment: LN*
*More on that later

Stats:
Str: 17
Dex: 14
Con: 12
Int: 11
Wis: 16
Cha: 10

Final Build: Monk(Traditional) 1/Druid(DotTW) 16/Barbarian(Mad Dog) 1/Fighter 1

Main skills: Mobility 3, Persuasion Max, Perception Max
Suggested secondary skills: You have 36 points spare. Lore Nature is thematic to max and maybe Athletics.

Detailed leveling breakdown:
Lvl 1: Monk - Weapon Focus: Claw // Dazzling Display // Crane Style
Lvl 2: Druid - Animal Companion*
Lvl 3: Druid - Combat Expertise (Need +2 Int item)
Lvl 4: Druid
Lvl 5: Druid - Natural Spell
Lvl 6: Druid
Lvl 7: Druid - Outflank
Lvl 8: Druid
Lvl 9: Druid - Shatter Defenses
Lvl 10: Druid
Lvl 11: Druid - Trip
Lvl 12: Druid
Lvl 13: Druid - Greater Trip
Lvl 14: Druid
Lvl 15: Druid - Persuasive
Lvl 16: Druid
Lvl 17: Druid - Fury’s Fall
Lvl 18: Barbarian
Lvl 19: Barbarian - Blind Fight
Lvl 20: Fighter - Intimidating Prowess

Important Spells:
Lvl 1: Acid Maw, Cure Light Wounds, Firebelly(Good early for swarms)
Lvl 2: Aspect of the Bear, Restoration, Barkskin(Becomes obsolete once you get Legendary)
Lvl 3: Magic Fang(Greater), Spike Growth, Resist Energy(Communal), Delay Poison(Communal)
Lvl 4: Spike Stones, Cape of Wasps, Thorn Body, Protection from Energy(Communal)
Lvl 5: Aspect of the Wolf, Geniekind, Animal Growth
Lvl 6: Tar Pool, Cure Light Wounds(Mass)
Lvl 7: Legendary Proportions, Creeping Doom, Heal
Lvl 8: Seamantle, Frightful Aspect

Gear: To tank you would need: Dreamer Ring, Ring of Circumstances(STR, DEX, WIS, AC) Gyronna Ammy/Amulet of Mighty fists, Absolver/Catigator cloak, +8 hat/belt, +8 Armor Bracers, Bokken Elixir

Alignment first: You will need at least some shifts here. You start as LN and should move to TN. That would technically be enough for the build, but not really. From there you should move to either NG or NE for absolver/castigator cloaks, because those are awesome and rings slots are precious. Shouldn’t be too hard because said cloaks will be sold in the 2nd part of the game by Pitaxan merchants.

Mad Dog is there so you have something extra to ramp your AB. Druids are not exactly spectacular in that department and Shape-shifting won’t cover for that. At least not enough.

Amulet of Mighty Fists and Magic Fang totally do stack. To wear Mighty fists or Gyronna depends on difficulty. On anything, but unfair Gyronna is not needed to break unhittable AC.

Few words about buffing: All buffs we selected do stack on top of animal form, but some of them do not transition from human to animal form. Easiest solution would be to buff in animal form and be a happy panda. Quite literally.

Aspect of the wolf is why we take trip feats. Don’t forget to right-click the trip ability you get from it after casting.

Natural Progression of forms Wolf -> Leopard -> Bear -> Smilodon is pretty much how you want to roll anyways.

Does have dazzling and shatter, Although does prefer someone else to use Dazzling due to average persuasion.

Assumes you do exploit Exp for level 20, but should be ok-ish without.
To use combat expertise or not is up to you. Depends on difficulty and if you need those points of AC to become unhittable at any point.

Skipped Lvl 9 spells as there is literally nothing of interest for us there.

The damage isn't great, but there is nothing that can be done about it.

There you have it. It CAN reach 70 AC for unfair, but Shifter druid is not what I’d realistically play there and he will lose too much AB in the process, but it's possible, I guess.
Post edited April 28, 2019 by InEffect
InEffect: Shifter Druid for kreative_katt

We need the feat more than we need some stats

Alignment: LN*
*More on that later

Stats:
Str: 17
Dex: 14
Con: 12
Int: 11
Wis: 16
Cha: 10

Final Build: Monk(Traditional) 1/Druid(DotTW) 16/Barbarian(Mad Dog) 1/Fighter 1

Main skills: Mobility 3, Persuasion Max, Perception Max
Suggested secondary skills: You have 36 points spare. Lore Nature is thematic to max and maybe Athletics.

Lvl 1: Monk - Weapon Focus: Claw // Dazzling Display // Crane Style
Lvl 2: Druid - Animal Companion*
Lvl 3: Druid - Combat Expertise (Need +2 Int item)
Lvl 4: Druid
Lvl 5: Druid - Natural Spell
Lvl 6: Druid
Lvl 7: Druid - Outflank
Lvl 8: Druid
Lvl 9: Druid - Shatter Defenses
Lvl 10: Druid
Lvl 11: Druid - Trip
Lvl 12: Druid
Lvl 13: Druid - Greater Trip
Lvl 14: Druid
Lvl 15: Druid - Persuasive
Lvl 16: Druid
Lvl 17: Druid - Fury’s Fall
Lvl 18: Barbarian
Lvl 19: Barbarian - Blind Fight
Lvl 20: Fighter - Intimidating Prowess

Important Spells:
Lvl 1: Acid Maw, Cure Light Wounds, Firebelly(Good early for swarms)
Lvl 2: Aspect of the Bear, Restoration, Barkskin(Becomes obsolete once you get Legendary)
Lvl 3: Magic Fang(Greater), Spike Growth, Resist Energy(Communal), Delay Poison(Communal)
Lvl 4: Spike Stones, Cape of Wasps, Thorn Body, Protection from Energy(Communal)
Lvl 5: Aspect of the Wolf, Geniekind, Animal Growth
Lvl 6: Tar Pool, Cure Light Wounds(Mass)
Lvl 7: Legendary Proportions, Creeping Doom, Heal

Gear: To tank you would need: Dreamer Ring, Ring of Circumstances(STR, DEX, WIS, AC) Gyronna Ammy/Amulet of Mighty fists, Absolver/Catigator cloak, +8 hat/belt, +8 Armor Bracers, Bokken Elixir

Alignment first: You will need at least some shifts here. You start as LN and should move to TN. That would technically be enough for the build, but not really. From there you should move to either NG or NE for absolver/castigator cloaks, because those are awesome and rings slots are precious. Shouldn’t be too hard because said cloaks will be sold in the 2nd part of the game by Pitaxan merchants.

Mad Dog is there so you have something extra to ramp your AB. Druids are not exactly spectacular in that department and Shape-shifting won’t cover for that. At least not enough.

Amulet of Mighty Fists and Magic Fang totally do stack. To wear Mighty fists or Gyronna depends on difficulty. On anything, but unfair Gyronna is not needed to break unhittable AC.

Few words about buffing: All buffs we selected do stack on top of animal form, but some of them do not transition from human to animal form. Easiest solution would be to buff in animal form and be a happy panda. Quite literally.

Aspect of the wolf is why we take trip feats. Don’t forget to right-click the trip ability you get from it after casting.

Natural Progression of forms Wolf -> Leopard -> Bear -> Smilodon is pretty much how you want to roll anyways.

Does have dazzling and shatter, Although does prefer someone else to use Dazzling due to average persuasion.

Assumes you do exploit Exp for level 20, but should be ok-ish without.
To use combat expertise or not is up to you. Depends on difficulty and if you need those points of AC to become unhittable at any point.

Skipped Lvl 9 spells as there is literally nothing of interest for us there.

The damage isn't great, but there is nothing that can be done about it.

There you have it. It CAN reach 70 AC for unfair, but Shifter druid is not what I’d realistically play there and he will lose too much AB in the process, but it's possible, I guess.
Thanks! Yeah I tend to play on Challenging, popping over to Hard once my guys are set up and fights are too easy. Appreciate you taking the time to build it out.
Hey!

I figured I'd take my discussion from the other post to here as it seems to have deviated from your original build.

I was wondering if you could help me with a build concept I was thinking of. I usually play Hard difficulty so not being a crutch to the party is one of the main criteria.

I am trying to design a build that both utilizes the free trips offered via bite from the "cloak of the winter wolf" and the "Overthrow" heavy flail. I also want this build to be based around the teamwork and cohesion of the main character and his pet, therefore I need to get CMB as high as possible to ensure trips. I'm assuming leopard pet would be best for this?

Anyways...I was brainstorming a couple of ideas but it does not seem to be the optimal path. You have a lot more knowledge then me so I was hoping you could help me out. I think I would need at least Mad Dog 5 for the pet improved trip? Then Vivi 2 for the feral mutagen bite attack? And the rest (11 or so) in sacred huntsmaster and use the tandem trip, outflank, and coordinated maneuvers feats? I'm just not sure if this build would be useful at anything else besides a few trips. Any ideas? Would a Druid be better?
Post edited April 28, 2019 by petey488
petey488: Hey!

I figured I'd take my discussion from the other post to here as it seems to have deviated from your original build.

I was wondering if you could help me with a build concept I was thinking of. I usually play Hard difficulty so not being a crutch to the party is one of the main criteria.

I am trying to design a build that both utilizes the free trips offered via bite from the "cloak of the winter wolf" and the "Overthrow" heavy flail. I also want this build to be based around the teamwork and cohesion of the main character and his pet, therefore I need to get CMB as high as possible to ensure trips. I'm assuming leopard pet would be best for this?

Anyways...I was brainstorming a couple of ideas but it does not seem to be the optimal path. You have a lot more knowledge then me so I was hoping you could help me out. I think I would need at least Mad Dog 5 for the pet improved trip? Then Vivi 2 for the feral mutagen bite attack? And the rest (11 or so) in sacred huntsmaster and use the tandem trip, outflank, and coordinated maneuvers feats? I'm just not sure if this build would be useful at anything else besides a few trips. Any ideas?
Mad Dog 14 / Huntsmaster 3 / Vivisectionist 3 is not too bad I guess. You can pick totems and defensive stance from it to maybe survive in melee. And at least it will Have AB to actually hit stuff. There is also a problem of Skipping 'Mastery' Fauchard and +5CMB with it. I'm not sure a flail has any chances to compensate.
Other problem would be actually Fitting both trip, Shatter Defenses, Totems and Team feats in one build if you want to actually do good damage on higher difficulties. I guess it'd be possible.
Dog has the most STR of the bunch, so it's technically the best trip pet, but constant scratching sound might drive you insane.

If you really want team feats and a trip Aldori 9/Vivisectionist7/Monk2/Barbarian 2 will land you with team feats, Decent AC and 2/3 bites.
Inq 3/Vivisectionist16/M1 is not bad either. He sacs barbarian bite, but gets mutagen through the roof.

All of them motherless ofc.

As to Sacred leveling... It's ok, but inquisitor spell-list is nothing to write home about; pretty much all you get from it is Divine Favor. I am of the belief Barbarian totems will do you more good.

TL;DR It's more productive to pick one of the two: Either trip with your weapon and sit enlarged in the 2nd row or bite and skip the pet.
petey488: Hey!

Anyways...I was brainstorming a couple of ideas but it does not seem to be the optimal path. You have a lot more knowledge then me so I was hoping you could help me out. I think I would need at least Mad Dog 5 for the pet improved trip? Then Vivi 2 for the feral mutagen bite attack? And the rest (11 or so) in sacred huntsmaster and use the tandem trip, outflank, and coordinated maneuvers feats? I'm just not sure if this build would be useful at anything else besides a few trips. Any ideas?
InEffect: Mad Dog 14 / Huntsmaster 3 / Vivisectionist 3 is not too bad I guess. You can pick totems and defensive stance from it to maybe survive in melee. And at least it will Have AB to actually hit stuff. There is also a problem of Skipping 'Mastery' Fauchard and +5CMB with it. I'm not sure a flail has any chances to compensate.
Other problem would be actually Fitting both trip, Shatter Defenses, Totems and Team feats in one build if you want to actually do good damage on higher difficulties. I guess it'd be possible.
Dog has the most STR of the bunch, so it's technically the best trip pet, but constant scratching sound might drive you insane.

If you really want team feats and a trip Aldori 9/Vivisectionist7/Monk2/Barbarian 2 will land you with team feats, Decent AC and 2/3 bites.
Inq 3/Vivisectionist16/M1 is not bad either. He sacs barbarian bite, but gets mutagen through the roof.

All of them motherless ofc.

As to Sacred leveling... It's ok, but inquisitor spell-list is nothing to write home about; pretty much all you get from it is Divine Favor. I am of the belief Barbarian totems will do you more good.

TL;DR It's more productive to pick one of the two: Either trip with your weapon and sit enlarged in the 2nd row or bite and skip the pet.
Hmm ok. What about a build that just focuses on making the MC and pet as deadly of a combo as possible?
petey488: Hmm ok. What about a build that just focuses on making the MC and pet as deadly of a combo as possible?
It's mostly about making MC as deadly as possible. Pet is always an afterthought no matter what as they fall off rather rapidly towards the endgame, especially on the higher difficulties. So long as the build keeps the pet progression to teen levels it's fine.

As to what's the most deadly in melee(so no sylvan sorcs) while keeping the pet kinda viable, It'd be Ranger10/Sacred6/V3/M1 sword and board dw character, I guess. Monk AC still works with shields, so there's a solution for Rangers AC, at least to some extent and 2 AC form mutagen will help. I guess you could go for aldori instead of monk and go dueling sword and mithral heavy armor. Can be done on a motherless with trip bite too, I guess in armored variant. Maybe you can even fit in shield wall somewhere there for more AC if you take Valerie for a spin.

Generally arrow rangers are better at murdering stuff while keeping a pet as they don't care about AC at all.
Post edited April 28, 2019 by InEffect
I appreciate you taking the time to help. I have one other question if you have a moment. Another archetype I need help putting together is one that focuses on the highest crit range possible to proc others “seize the moment”. I’m assuming a 18-20 range weapon? Scimitar? Falchion? Estoc? Using a pet would be a bonus so they can have seize the moment from inquisitor as well, but it is not a must if it ruins the build. Do you think you can help me with a build based on the above framework?
petey488: I appreciate you taking the time to help. I have one other question if you have a moment. Another archetype I need help putting together is one that focuses on the highest crit range possible to proc others “seize the moment”. I’m assuming a 18-20 range weapon? Scimitar? Falchion? Estoc? Using a pet would be a bonus so they can have seize the moment from inquisitor as well, but it is not a must if it ruins the build. Do you think you can help me with a build based on the above framework?
any 18-20 weapon does fine. As for maximization brilliant inspiration or luck domain is what you are looking for, although It's almost impossible to fit into a *real* damage build that would have seize the moment and tactics. For the weapon you are best served with 2h for the reach. That'd leave you with a choice of either fauchard or and elven curved blade. The former has reach and the latter has more damage(especially when you come to bane of the living). If you want to maximize the AoO's seize the moment is actually worse than Dreadful Carnage Thug. Most damage possible would likely come from Fighter1/Sorc4/DD4/EK10/Thug1 as that thing can reliably do 5 AoO's per round+, but realistically usually goes for 3 with the boots instead. That's a feasible solo unfair build.
In practical application Seize the Moment is rather redundant as Outflank does the same cheaper. And you need your team to crit a lot for it, which is not always the case. Only one who does that would be Jaethal with fauchards, probably in a STR cleric build with dazzle/shatter and seize the moment of her own

As to seize the moment SF1/V16/Inq3 is likely the most damage while still being able to crack 70AC and 20 BAB(with transform) and still having Dazzle/Shatter.
Another build possible for that is SF1/Archaeologist 2/DD4/Inq3/V3/2HF7, but too much AB lost there.

As to the realistic builds that use it all game... Mad Dog5/Huntsmaster11/M1/V3 with luck domain is usable, I guess(but will need an alignment shift)

To conclude I'd add seize the moment is something you build whole party around. Meaning you will likely take falcata(from varnhold) Reggie, fauchard Jaethal and curved blade yourself to make it at least somewhat worth the investments.
The situation is not made any better by the fact that Inquisitor largely sucks and that's 3 dead levels for dubious gains, meaning you are incentivized to take it at 17-20 if at all.
Post edited April 29, 2019 by InEffect
Hi! I have a request for a build!

So I posted this on the Pathfinder Kingmaker Reddit and was told you are amazing at helping people with builds so I hope you can help me out!

Class: Eldritch Knight. Because it is a fighter and a mage! (I know about magus, I still want the Eldritch Knight).

Race: Human.

Alignment: Neutral Evil

A little info on the character I want to play: Her name is Orella Shrillband, she has to be undead (or as close to it, hence she has to have the Undead Bloodline) I want her to be decent at spells while being able to do some good damage on melee. I have nothing against DEX and Rapiers, but I find myself liking Longswords better (STR). She is like an undead that was left in the middle of the road with no recollection of anything of her past, so she wanders around feeling lost and detached from everything.

Lore of Religion has to be a thing (don't ask me why I just want to have fun and follow a character I created) and that's cover most of it?

I am thinking of Eldritch Scion as the initial class, that way weapons proficiency is out of the way while I get some spells, I imagine an Eldritch Scion can become an Eldrich Knight by Lv 5-6 right? (Do they get the 3rd arcana spells?)

I can do anything you recommend, but in my draft, for a build, I went for these stats. I probably should not waste too many points on DEX if I am going for STR:

STR 14+2=16

DEX 16+3=19

CON 13+1=14

INT 13+1=14

WIS 12+1=13

CHA 15+2=17

- Keep in mind that this is my first run and I have never played DnD or anything similar in all my life. However, I have over 21 hours in playtime in which I tried all the class except prestige ones. I read about Eldritch Knight and I love the concept at first sight. That's why I went the extra mile by fleshing a concept for a character lore-wise.

Can an Eldritch Knight perform well with STR+Longswords? What spells do you recommend? I want to build Eldritch Knight WITHOUT going through neither fighter nor wizard if possible and as long as it doesn't cripple the build. Is the Undead Bloodline doing something here or not when it comes to melee-utility? Should I go for melee spells? (Electro Shock(?) Burning Hands(?)

I have the season pass, but I am playing mostly on a set RP. So she has to be human, capable of magic and fighting with a longsword and have access to the undead bloodline. If this is too restrictive then feel free to recommend anything towards an Eldritch Knight.

Anything I left out I don't really care about. ^ Those are the main things I want.

Hope you can help me, sorry if the post is confusing!
RareLight: Hi! I have a request for a build!

So I posted this on the Pathfinder Kingmaker Reddit and was told you are amazing at helping people with builds so I hope you can help me out!

Class: Eldritch Knight. Because it is a fighter and a mage! (I know about magus, I still want the Eldritch Knight).

Race: Human.

Alignment: Neutral Evil

A little info on the character I want to play: Her name is Orella Shrillband, she has to be undead (or as close to it, hence she has to have the Undead Bloodline) I want her to be decent at spells while being able to do some good damage on melee. I have nothing against DEX and Rapiers, but I find myself liking Longswords better (STR). She is like an undead that was left in the middle of the road with no recollection of anything of her past, so she wanders around feeling lost and detached from everything.

Lore of Religion has to be a thing (don't ask me why I just want to have fun and follow a character I created) and that's cover most of it?
All of the above can be done

RareLight: STR 14+2=16

DEX 16+3=19

CON 13+1=14

INT 13+1=14

WIS 12+1=13

CHA 15+2=17
Not how the stats work.
1st number is the stat value, the other is modifier that gets derived from a stat by the formula ([stat]-10)/2. Modifier then gets applied to whatever relevant task you do. Stats themselves only affect affect minor things. like feat access and carry weight

RareLight: Is the Undead Bloodline doing something here or not when it comes to melee-utility?
Nah it does jack-all even outside of melee. It's a flavor option. powerbuilding bloodlines are Arcane, Sylvan, and Draconic(for melee). Serpent is ok as well in a very niche application.

========

With the above out of the way, I can create what you are looking for, But I'll have to abandon your stat spread to some extent. I'll keep it with low to none min/max as it's clearly a RP build.
Undead Bloodline/RP/NE/Melee/Human/STR build for RareLight

Alignment: NE

Stats:
Str: 17 > 22
Dex: 13
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 16

Final Build: Fighter(any) 1/Sorcerer(Undead) 8/Eldritch Knight 10/Stalwart 1

Main skills: Mobility 3, Persuasion Max, Lore: Religion Max
Suggested secondary skills: UMD(spare)

Lvl 1: Fighter - Arcane Armor Training // Arcane Armor Mastery // Dodge
Lvl 2: Sorcerer - Extend Spell
Lvl 3: Sorcerer - Improved Unarmed
Lvl 4: Sorcerer
Lvl 5: Sorcerer - Crane Style
Lvl 6: Sorcerer
Lvl 7: Sorcerer - Outflank
Lvl 8: Eldritch Knight - Crane Wing
Lvl 9: Eldritch Knight - Armor Focus: Heavy
Lvl 10: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 11: Eldritch Knight - Weapon Focus: Longsword
Lvl 12: Eldritch Knight - Dazzling Display
Lvl 13: Eldritch Knight - Shatter Defenses
Lvl 14: Eldritch Knight
Lvl 15: Eldritch Knight - Crane Riposte
Lvl 16: Eldritch Knight - Greater Weapon Focus: Longsword
Lvl 17: Eldritch Knight - Blind Fight
Lvl 18: Sorcerer - Toughness
Lvl 19: Sorcerer - Intimidating Prowess
Lvl 20: Stalwart Defender

Important Spells:
Lvl 1: Shield, True Strike, Grease, Vanish, Magic Missile
Lvl 2: Mirror Image, Glitterdust, Sense Vitals
Lvl 3: Displacement, Haste, Resist Energy(Communal), Heroism
Lvl 4: Animate Dead, Dimension Door, Protection From Energy(Communal), Greater Invisibility
Lvl 5: Geniekind, Angelic Aspect, Echolocation, Break Enchantment
Lvl 6: Heroism(Greater), Transformation, Dispel Magic(Greater)
Lvl 7: Legendary Proportions, Waves of Exhaustion, Firebrand

Gear: Mithral Full Plate, +AC gear, +Stat gear, Longsword(off-hand empty)

Could get lvl 9 spells if I took a level of sorc at 20, but decided it’s not needed and extra AC from stalwart is better in this case.

Will have to play in light/medium armor till you get to your capital and there you can buy your first mithral plate. Or better solution is to play in heavy plate and shield till you finish act 1 and just forget about spells for the time being.

Uses arcane to pretty much just buff and then casts transformation and goes in melee. Nothing too complicated.

Has Shatter to murder things faster.

As promised, didn't dump any stat below 10. That qualifies as an RP build in my book.

turn on fighting defensively at lvl5 and never turn it off again.

That’s about it. Will do ok-ish for normal/challenging.
Proper version of that would be F1/Sorc(draconic)5/DD4/EK10 sporting 4 more STR and 4 more AC, plus an extra feat.
Thanks for the help mate, really appreciate it! The build sounds fantastic, you definitely know your stuff~

When you talk about F1/Sorc(draconic)5/DD4/EK10 in the proper version, DD4 stands for what? I might play the class again someday on a harder difficulty so I would like to know.

Also, any kind of draconic bloodline or one in specific?

Again, you have my thanks. Now I can play EK without being afraid of screwing my points/skills. Also, the Lv 1 Fighter is smart since arcane armor training/mastery allows one to use better armor while addressing the arcane failure chance from wearing armor correct? That's awesome!