how do I get panzer general 2 to install and run on windows 10? Please help, can't do without this game.
I am totally new to win 10, this will stay like this till my current laptop dies, but got a cheap used one for my borther, with win10. For his birthday i wanted to get him PG2, so here is what i did to get it working.
1. install game,
2. try every possible setting for compatibility modes, no luck -> google acutall error message:
3. try to fix - 0xc0000022 - here is a link -[url=]https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/The-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc0000022-Click-OK-to-close-the-application.html[/url]
4.found the acces denied on some ddl - changed permission on it - to do so, had to change ownership.
5. start game - new error message: "The ordinal 4 could not be located in the dynamic link library" see this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/5qez3g/the_ordinal_4_could_not_be_located_in_the_dynamic
/ might help you with other old games
6. do as suggested in previous link: control panel > Programs > Turn Windows Features On or Off > Legacy Components > DirectPlay and enable that
7. start game - looks better, but stops with no appareant reason - you might even loose the cursor from the display.
8. restart laptop
9. step 2 repeated
10. uninstall game
11. restart laptop
12. install game
13. start -> game working.
+1 - oh sorry, forgot it, renamed the ddraw.dll.intel to ddraw.dll somewhere around step 2
There might be some extra steps done by me, but it is working now :)