It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

See here: https://www.gog.com/news/extended_refund_policy_for_no_mans_sky
That's fab from GOG to do that. It just shows that they can listen and act. I am tempted but after much consideration, I will keep my GOG copy of NMS since they promised the multiplayer would be added later this year. I'm not that rushed to play with other people. So thanks GOG for that ! ;)
Great move by GOG. I will play it a bit until Sunday solo and decide if I really need the multiplayer.
I get to re-invest in a good game, i am ecstatic. Gwent>No Man's Lies <3 GOG, GOG GOG <3
Post edited July 25, 2018 by uchigatana203
That is awesome of GoG.

It feels like I'm punishing GoG for doing the right thing though by actually asking for a refund. I'm kinda conflicted now.
Xwaste: That is awesome of GoG.

It feels like I'm punishing GoG for doing the right thing though by actually asking for a refund. I'm kinda conflicted now.
If you spend your wallet refund on Gwent/The Witcher, they lose nothing and we gain a better game. :)
Got my refund in about an hour from opening the ticket with them. Very nice,
They lost me at wallet funds.. I don't really want gog games anymore.
My problem with this is that it's such a short window that cuts off before we find out if we're getting the weekly updates and events, which is the thing I'm most on the fence about with the refund. Knowing GOG and HG however, we won't have that info until next Tuesday when the first update comes out, well after the cutoff ends.

I really want to like GOG, but it feels like I'm not allowed to make an informed decision here.
Akoyumi: They lost me at wallet funds.. I don't really want gog games anymore.
Wallet funds? I don't use it...;)

If you want to trade Steam's DRM for Gog's absence of it--and you want to trade GOG's 30-day money-back guarantee for Steam's *two hour* money-back window--and you don't care about getting your own installable copy of your games, which GOG provides but STEAM does not--why, go right ahead and do that...I sure can't figure why, though.

EDIT/UPDATE: The GOG Galaxy version includes the 1.5 patch--only thing you miss is the multiplayer component! Very nice! I am downloading now!

I got caught up in the hype - bought it day one for full price. I very rarely have ever paid full price for a game. The state of the game at launch was a huge disappointment. I felt lied to. There were some things that I thought were interesting, but what I really wanted was to explore the universe with a friend. After waiting years, it looked as though it was finally going to happen.

Sometimes I think that Hello Games must be a government agency that is secretly trying to weaponize disappointment. What's more disappointing than not getting to hang with friends? Watching everyone else have fun while you have to stay in your room!

This is the exact same behavior that got them in hot water during the launch. They know they're not going to deliver on what they promised, but they let everyone believe it anyway. They haven't learned anything in the last 2 years.

Yes - I am very angry. I am completely disappointed. I would like to have my money back so I can give it to a good developer.

But to take my money back from GOG? Not worth it. GOG is a force for good in an industry that is mired in greed and apathy. Could they have warned players that this was going to happen sooner? Probably. That was a bad call on their part. But look - look at what happens when an actual good company knows it messed up. Take notice, Hello Games. This is how you build good will. GOG can't fix it, so they are doing as well as they can even though it will cost them. And let's be real with each other, this is not their fault, it's your fault. GOG is taking a beating for something that you did, while you bury your head and hope it will all go away.

What I would like to see is Hello Games actually honor their word to us, but I have serious doubt. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. If so, I'll give the game another go, try to have some fun and put this whole ugly business in the past. But I will never buy another HG product again.

But I will continue to support GOG, and I hope you all will as well!
That`s indeed very good of them, however MP is not my reason for gaming so I`m happy to stay with it - but it`s nice nonetheless.

Akoyumi: They lost me at wallet funds.. I don't really want gog games anymore.
waltc: Wallet funds? I don't use it...;)

If you want to trade Steam's DRM for Gog's absence of it--and you want to trade GOG's 30-day money-back guarantee for Steam's *two hour* money-back window--and you don't care about getting your own installable copy of your games, which GOG provides but STEAM does not--why, go right ahead and do that...I sure can't figure why, though.

EDIT/UPDATE: The GOG Galaxy version includes the 1.5 patch--only thing you miss is the multiplayer component! Very nice! I am downloading now!

but that refund is really NOT what i want. It really sends a good signal to all customers but all the wrong signals to the publishers.

for them it's like "we can screw the customers on GOG, GOG will refund them out of their own pocket and we can make another sale on steam!!"

i am still really angry but only at HelloGames.
deraj12: ...But to take my money back from GOG? Not worth it. GOG is a force for good in an industry that is mired in greed and apathy. Could they have warned players that this was going to happen sooner? Probably. That was a bad call on their part. But look - look at what happens when an actual good company knows it messed up. Take notice, Hello Games. This is how you build good will. GOG can't fix it, so they are doing as well as they can even though it will cost them. And let's be real with each other, this is not their fault, it's your fault. GOG is taking a beating for something that you did, while you bury your head and hope it will all go away.

But I will continue to support GOG, and I hope you all will as well!
Exactly. For those still so angry they feel the need to 'boycott' GOG over this, well that is your choice but your really reaching for the rage. I guess that is the new 'normal' in 2018 (it happens everywhere from the highest positions in world leaders to the almost manufactured 'nerd rage' of the gamer that is everywhere).

Hello Games screwed up NMS multiplayer for GOG and it's users, not intentionally but it was an oversight. GOG have reacted in the best way they can. Steam played their part in this (by creating an eco-system of dependency and monopoly in the way Steam works, for gamers and devs).

If you want to support the 'bad guys' in this then please do leave GOG and stay at Steam for NMS, both Steam and Hello Games will enjoy your money and carry on creating the environment in which this kind of thing will continue to happen.

Or you can make a stand, think before you rage and maybe stay here on GOG to push for the MP that Hello Games and GOG will work to get working, and encourage more devs to maybe look beyond Steam as the only platform they will support, which is better for you as a gamer as well.

It might be asking too much, to think over the details of what happened here, to understand the full picture and see the situation for what it really is? It is 2018 and really we seem to have lost this ability to see the bigger picture and make the right choices for all of us going forward. So i'm not holding my breath!
Post edited July 26, 2018 by ThorChild
ThorChild: Steam played their part in this (by creating an eco-system of dependency and monopoly in the way Steam works, for gamers and devs).
All of its good, but So much this. I am sad that I have only one like to give.
Post edited July 26, 2018 by Socratatus