It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I had the same problem with NVN2 on Win 11 with a 4K monitor. The game ran only in 1024x768. Changing settings resulted in either a complete black screen or a small black window with a flickering mouse. That included changing the setting in the game, launching in windowed mode using a launch parameter (in GOG Galaxy or direct) or editing the .ini.

Finally only one thing fixed it. Launch normally. When it is in low res full screen use Alt + Enter to force it into a window. This window is of course 1024x768. But then you can edit in the game settings to any resolution and the window grows appropriately. Now I have it running in 1920x1200 on my 4K 3840x2160 monitor. And it launches into the mode. Unfortunately this does not work on all of these old games but it worked on NVN2.
Migromul: Hello.
I only see the mouse cursor, if I turn the resolution of NWN 2 to 1920x1080 (this is my native resoltuion). All else is a black screen...
I use Windows 10 professional 64 bit and a 1080 TI NVIDA Card with 8 GB ram.
Is this problem known? Is there any solution for it?
The auto-detection of the game seems to select the 1024x768 resolution. This even isn't the format of my monitor...
Sarafan: Try to switch the game into windowed mode, change the resolution and switch back to fullscreen. If it doesn't help, go to "Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2", open nwn2.ini with a Notepad, find the Width and Height values and change them to 1920 and 1080 accordingly. Now save the file and run the game.
Thank you, worked for me also
elentophanes: I had the same problem with NVN2 on Win 11 with a 4K monitor. The game ran only in 1024x768. Changing settings resulted in either a complete black screen or a small black window with a flickering mouse. That included changing the setting in the game, launching in windowed mode using a launch parameter (in GOG Galaxy or direct) or editing the .ini.

Finally only one thing fixed it. Launch normally. When it is in low res full screen use Alt + Enter to force it into a window. This window is of course 1024x768. But then you can edit in the game settings to any resolution and the window grows appropriately. Now I have it running in 1920x1200 on my 4K 3840x2160 monitor. And it launches into the mode. Unfortunately this does not work on all of these old games but it worked on NVN2.
Windows 11 with a 1080p monitor, this was the solution for me as well. Editing the .ini file did nothing.