It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lillesort131: I think many of you in this thread will find this Wikipedia article useful: Link.
Ye i started this topic not to bitch but for a honest answer
JayBeest: Wow that's 2 days late already? At least 1..

Bought the game 3 days ago, starting to regret my GOG choice.

Never thought i'd be pirating a game after buying it to get to play the latest version!

*sigh*
If you use mods, a delay in applying a patch is a good thing, because it will take several weeks for the mods to catch up.

Even if you don't use mods, considering they already released another patch, I'll be happy to wait until they finish catching all their bugs and let other people beta test.

The game is perfectly playable at 1.0, it's perfectly playable at 1.0.2. You're not missing some huge glorious update, so chill.
Chilling hard with this game yess! Thoroughly enjoying it!

But that's it!

I can't wait for my bleeding-edge heat dissipation :D

And that does make me feel sad for the computing internet (albeit GOG or KSPP) for not being instant and access

I am a bit curious though if this is a more common thing on GOG? first impression here<-

Probably should've bitched at KSP for stating something that is simply not true :P

Nice thing is. After researching a bit, posting on this forum, surfing some more, reflecting and posting again, the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on negative annoyance/anger can commence.

In the light of constructive criticism, this stuff should be waaaay faster.
I guess it got 'lost' somewhere along the process.

peace
Lillesort131: I think many of you in this thread will find this Wikipedia article useful: Link.
Not everyone was born with it.

All about is information because from my point of view GOG doesn't take it's customers seriously which is a shame.
You are not contrubuting to anything here. If you have the "patience", then wait in silence. No need for useless comments.

I want my patch when it is available. Right now, everyone who bought the game from any other store but GOG has full access to the patchs the second they are available. Why should I get treated differently? I paid for this game too.
Post edited June 26, 2015 by montana_mb
montana_mb: You are not contrubuting to anything here. If you have the "patience", then wait in silence. No need for useless comments.
I tried to give you an explanation in post #9. In post #13 I elaborated upon one of my statements. Oh, also silence "is the lack of audible sound or presence of sounds of very low intensity" (Wikipedia). As text isn't audible unless you actually read it out loud, everything I write is silent.

montana_mb: I want my patch when it is available. Right now, everyone who bought the game from any other store but GOG has full access to the patchs the second they are available. Why should I get treated differently? I paid for this game too.
But the patch is clearly not available here yet.
montana_mb: Besides, if the patch is available, which it is, but just not on GOG, then it has nothing to do with patience. It's simply GOG not being able to respond in time.

And this is happening for a rather small sized patch. When Squad releases a major patch like 1.1, are we then supposed to wait about a month to get it on GOG? Under the current circumstances, it is pretty safe to make this assumption. They definetly need to improve on this.
Again, I am not a GOG employee and I cannot know what they actually do in this time period. I can however guess what is most likely.
JayBeest: I can't wait for my bleeding-edge heat dissipation :D
The one that has existing satelites and space stations (and even EVA Kerbals) spontaneously combust? :p

I heard it's "a bit" quirky (as in "all my space stations self destructed" quirky) right now if you try to continue an ongoing campaign. ^^
Patience is all good, but we are talking about a client (Galaxy) trying to break into the monopoly that is steam.

Things are not going well if something easy as pushing files to a server takes days, while the big one (steam) does it WAY faster.

Hell, even torrent sites have the patch ready for well over 24hours.
The update is going to go live in up to an hour. Thanks for your patience!
montana_mb: I want my patch when it is available. Right now, everyone who bought the game from any other store but GOG has full access to the patchs the second they are available. Why should I get treated differently? I paid for this game too.
Lillesort131: But the patch is clearly not available here yet.
Which is why we are complaining here. You're missing the point while trying to be smart, a regular issue on forums.

For anything else you said, post #23 sums everything up.

And what I see now is the game installer of v1.0.4, not an actual update .exe. Oh well...
Post edited June 26, 2015 by montana_mb
Lillesort131: But the patch is clearly not available here yet.
montana_mb: Which is why we are complaining here. You're missing the point while trying to be smart, a regular issue on forums.

For anything else you said, post #23 sums everything up.

And what I see now is the game installer of v1.0.4, not an actual update .exe. Oh well...
In post #9 I actually tried to give reasons as to why there is this delay. In post #20, you derailed the thread instead of actually reading my arguments. If you for example look at TW3 or Dreamfall Chapters, all of their patches has been released on release day, so this game is not representative of the time it takes to push a patch. As far as I remember, many other games has also been updated rather quickly. I would, however, also like to hear what a GOG employee has to say about the update process.
Ciris: The update is going to go live in up to an hour. Thanks for your patience!
Thank you for these updates.

Edit : For information, update flag was not enabled in the shelf.
Post edited June 27, 2015 by ggzx12