It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Any idea when it will be ready to download
Would like to know this too. Blog post says it's available on GOG but, nope.
It's sad that gog-infrastructure/menpower is obviously not capable of reacting quickly... : \
Post edited June 23, 2015 by Patera889
They will probably have it within the next few days. And is it really such a big problem that they don't have the updates ready the second they are released by the developer?
Lillesort131: They will probably have it within the next few days. And is it really such a big problem that they don't have the updates ready the second they are released by the developer?
Yes it is a very sizable problem. I am quiet fond of GOG's DRM free concept, but at the end of the day their main job is giving me access to the game and its updates. If they fail to do that the day updates are released, I am far better of with steam.
As someone who is active on KSP forums and enjoys jumping on the hype train, yes. Yes it really is a problem. Regretting not just buying the game on Steam now.
Lillesort131: They will probably have it within the next few days. And is it really such a big problem that they don't have the updates ready the second they are released by the developer?
Not really its just the waiting that drives me mad if i at lest know when they think it will be ready to download id be better
Totally agree with you guys, the waiting drive me nuts :D
Well, the most likely reason for the wait is probably that they are testing the patch to see whether it breaks anything / is otherwise dysfunctional. I would rather wait a couple of days and be sure that I actually get a functional version than download it instantly and realise that it have some data-corrupting bug that erases some of my files. Also, what if someone hacks into one of the developers machines / steal their passwords in some way? Then, if the updates were to be released directly, we could get any kind of malicious software.
Disclaimer: I don't know what they actually do / how their update process is. If have written this with the assumption that they actually do some QA testing on it.
Lillesort131: Well, the most likely reason for the wait is probably that they are testing the patch to see whether it breaks anything / is otherwise dysfunctional. I would rather wait a couple of days and be sure that I actually get a functional version than download it instantly and realise that it have some data-corrupting bug that erases some of my files. Also, what if someone hacks into one of the developers machines / steal their passwords in some way? Then, if the updates were to be released directly, we could get any kind of malicious software.
Disclaimer: I don't know what they actually do / how their update process is. If have written this with the assumption that they actually do some QA testing on it.
Developers, Squad in this case, does that. Not GOG. If Squad already published the patch, then it's pretty much all okay. All GOG needs to do is to upload it to their servers or a similiar process and that shouldn't take 3-5 days or even more perhaps.

Hacking into developers machine and giving users malware because of instant updates? Not sure if you're serious about that part but it kinda sounds ridiculous, no offense.

At this point, I wish Squad would release the game updates on their website as well, to avoid this kind of situations.
If you read the dev notes they have since released anther hotfix in 1.0.4
I assume thats what the delay is.
GOG games all seem to be repackaged by GOG so i'd imagine they are trying to put out a direct 1.02> 1.04 patcher now but if any more hotfixes come it could delay the process further.
If they patched it with Galaxy it wouldn't be this complex and we could get them the same time as steam does.
Hello,

is there someone from GOG site that can give us a statement for why there is no patch available for GOG users?
Is this just because GOG process to put new patch on air or there is some other reason. I and probably every user would like to get that information to calm our nerves. especially when Squad wrote that patch is available on all platforms.

Regards.
montana_mb: Hacking into developers machine and giving users malware because of instant updates? Not sure if you're serious about that part but it kinda sounds ridiculous, no offense.
I am actually very serious - this is a real thing. It has happened multiple times, just see the latest news about Kaspersky if you want an example.
Wow that's 2 days late already? At least 1..

Bought the game 3 days ago, starting to regret my GOG choice.

Never thought i'd be pirating a game after buying it to get to play the latest version!

*sigh*
I think many of you in this thread will find this Wikipedia article useful: Link.