It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

THX GOG team. Nice job.
The new 2.2.0.3 installer won't work for me. After accepting the EULA and clicking Install the installer window just sits there with no progress bar or buttons and I have to close it after a couple of minutes. Same when running as admin.
Oh and I've installed 2.0.x.x today too, it installs fine, but crashed right after start.
I'm using Windows 8.1 x64

So far the game seems to be a massive turd. Maybe the crashes of the game and installer are caused by some dependencies like VC++ ??

Edit: After removing version 2.0.0.1 I had to repair the VC++ 2012 installation and reboot. That fixed the installer problem. The game launched too. Crossed fingers...
Post edited March 16, 2015 by czernobog666
Awesome! Hope they'll fix the spinning dogs bug next :)
Rich9837: Awesome! Hope they'll fix the spinning dogs bug next :)
They are dogs. Maybe they are catching their own tail. No need to be fixed. ;)
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

We've recently received a fixed 1.02 version of Hotline Miami 2 for Windows. Please re-download the MAIN installer (setup_hotline_miami2_2.2.0.3.exe) from your accounts and run it. This one should work now but we'll keep version 1.01 up for those of you who are still experiencing issues with version 1.02 on Windows.

Unfortunately, we have not yet received an updated Mac version, sorry to disappoint :/
groze: Thank you, Judas, downloading it as we speak, hopefully it'll work now, but just in case it doesn't, I'll keep you guys posted -- and I'm definitely keeping my 1.01 installer handy. :P

[UPDATE] It seems to be running fine, now. I didn't do a clean install, just installed it over the previous version, but all saves and configurations are compatible, shift look is much more smooth and usable and it saves V-Sync off. I'm stuck on Scene 12 (I hate playing with the chainsaw/pistol guys, it's not that intuitive, to me), so, for now, I can't say for sure if there are any bugs or crashes present in this version of the game, but at least it's running on Windows again.
The chainsaw/pistol guys took some getting used to for me too. But they turned out to be pretty fun and frenetic. That poor guy in the white suit at the end of that mission. He just wanted out...
Rich9837: Awesome! Hope they'll fix the spinning dogs bug next :)
Peikko: They are dogs. Maybe they are catching their own tail. No need to be fixed. ;)
You gotta lure those dogs out. Fire a shot nearby, and be ready.
Post edited March 17, 2015 by nate1222
groze: This update completely stopped my copy of Hotline Miami 2 from working altogether on PC... :/ why the hell did I even feel the need to "patch" something that was working flawlessly, like those bitching and moaning Mac and Linux users?
alburl: Surely the irony is not lost on you here. You're bitching and moaning about Mac and Linux users bitching and moaning about their game not working, in a post where you are bitching and moaning about your game not working :)

When it comes down to it, I'm a desktop PC gamer through and through, but I have a MacBook Pro that I use for work and I like to play games like HLM on it as it's portable and I can just pick up and play when I have a spare few moments.

Regardless, every paying customer has the right to a correctly working game, no matter what platform they play on, if the game is released on that platform!
Oh, trust me, the irony isn't lost on me at all, in fact, I realized how ironic my whole post is as I was writing it. :P

And I wholeheartedly agree with you, I think customers have the right to complain about their games or any other product, for that matter, and ask for a working version. I do think, though, that there's a fine line separating a genuine complaint from a hatred-fueled childish bashing of the developer, publisher and seller of the game, and we've been seeing a lot of that in here. That's what I don't agree with, people being overly rude and impatient just because they have every right to complain and ask for what they deserve.
alburl: Surely the irony is not lost on you here. You're bitching and moaning about Mac and Linux users bitching and moaning about their game not working, in a post where you are bitching and moaning about your game not working :)

When it comes down to it, I'm a desktop PC gamer through and through, but I have a MacBook Pro that I use for work and I like to play games like HLM on it as it's portable and I can just pick up and play when I have a spare few moments.

Regardless, every paying customer has the right to a correctly working game, no matter what platform they play on, if the game is released on that platform!
groze: Oh, trust me, the irony isn't lost on me at all, in fact, I realized how ironic my whole post is as I was writing it. :P

And I wholeheartedly agree with you, I think customers have the right to complain about their games or any other product, for that matter, and ask for a working version. I do think, though, that there's a fine line separating a genuine complaint from a hatred-fueled childish bashing of the developer, publisher and seller of the game, and we've been seeing a lot of that in here. That's what I don't agree with, people being overly rude and impatient just because they have every right to complain and ask for what they deserve.
I couldn't agree more. I was content to continue playing the Mac version even WITH the achievement bug. I just made sure that I didn't get a multiplier of over 5. I was enjoying the game anyway.

It's true, while I do believe people have the right to complain if they have paid for a game, they shouldn't be rude about it. They shouldn't make stupid demands. I'm pretty sure EVERY game has bugs when it is first released... that's just the nature of games, especially over cross platforms. There are so many different combinations of hardware out there that it makes it almost impossible for a game to be released perfectly. People need to accept this and be patient. If they had postponed the release date to polish the game then I'm sure they would have received complaints about that too... you can't please everyone.

Anyway, good post... +1 from me! :)
I agree a lot with groze.
Also, please people: If you have problems with the game, DO bug the developers about it directly. I am sure GOG does everything they can to get your feedback relayed but if you fill the devs mailbox, I'd say that is more likely for them to get you a patch asap.

I consider myself lucky that I play with the Linux version. I'm now in the 5th Act and so far I haven't seen more than a few enemies get stuck in doors (dogs chasing their tail I do not consider a bug). So from all I can say, the Linux port seems to be the most solid one - which is a very welcome change. :)