It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pataphysician: Sort of the same here. I got it to run. But then when I tried to play a level, it crashed. Now the program won't even run.

Great patch!

Okay, sometimes I get this error:

It seems like the problem has something to do with Microsoft Visual C++.
JudasIscariot: Try restarting your PC.

I had that happen when I tried installing the new version over my old one.
Thank you. After a restart the game starts again.

Edit: After a restart I can launch the game. But if I quit and want to run it again, it crashes again.

Even worse. In the current level I can walkt through doors. Guns don't do damge - not to me nor the enemies. Only meele does. This is gamebraking.
Post edited March 14, 2015 by Peikko
After installing 1.02 in Windows 7 on top of the first version, now characters are inmune to bullets and I can't continue to the next floor after clearing the first (I tried 1st and 21st scenes with the same results).
Am I the only one having this issue? Going back to first version.
sotanez: After installing 1.02 in Windows 7 on top of the first version, now characters are inmune to bullets and I can't continue to the next floor after clearing the first (I tried 1st and 21st scenes with the same results).
Am I the only one having this issue? Going back to first version.
Exactly the same thing happened to me. First I got the C++ error, and when I finally managed to get into the game, it seems to glitch out.
I wonder if this means someone from Devolver or Dennaton will have some sort of a presence here and try to work our issues out...

(From the Steam troubleshooting HM 2 thread):

Wussie [author] 3 hours ago

Originally posted by thegroze:
Since you guys seem to have no presence on the GOG forums and I own my copy of the game in there, I just thought I'd chime in and let you know that your latest "patch" for the PC version of the DRM-free GOG version of Wrong Number completely broke the game for pretty much all PC users.

I tried restarting the computer, installing the C++ 2010 Redistributable after uninstalling later versions of it, nothing seems to work, the game keeps crashing on startup...

Please, address this as soon as possible, as your patch broke a game that was working wonderfully on PC as it were, or at least give GOG the old installer, if there's any chance of doing that, since I was loving the game and wanted to keep playing but now I can't even start up the game.

[EDIT] OK, no need to address the issue for now, it seems, some nice people at GOG.com uploaded the installer to the previous Windows version and everything should be fine. Sorry, Steam, but GOG absolutely rocks.

Thanks for getting in touch; will look into it. And yeah, sorry we've not been on the GOG forums very much. Will keep an eye out there too!
I have severe issues with the 1.02 update. The game now crashes each time upon startup.

Edit: And for some reason, it now stopped crashing and the newest update is running fine. I don't know why since I just kept trying to start the game.

Edit 2: And it's back to crashing. Also, sound effects weren't playing earlier in the game when the update was working (bg music was fine). I'm reverting back to 1.01.
Post edited March 15, 2015 by leonardmccoy
groze: This update completely stopped my copy of Hotline Miami 2 from working altogether on PC... :/ why the hell did I even feel the need to "patch" something that was working flawlessly, like those bitching and moaning Mac and Linux users?
Surely the irony is not lost on you here. You're bitching and moaning about Mac and Linux users bitching and moaning about their game not working, in a post where you are bitching and moaning about your game not working :)

When it comes down to it, I'm a desktop PC gamer through and through, but I have a MacBook Pro that I use for work and I like to play games like HLM on it as it's portable and I can just pick up and play when I have a spare few moments.

Regardless, every paying customer has the right to a correctly working game, no matter what platform they play on, if the game is released on that platform!
Is the 1.01 version here accurate?
I've downloaded it yet I still am not able to keep vsync off, and I don't see an option to toggle controller-detection off.
I have downloaded what is listed as 1.01 twice just to make sure I downloaded the correct thing.
m1mb: Is the 1.01 version here accurate?
I've downloaded it yet I still am not able to keep vsync off, and I don't see an option to toggle controller-detection off.
I have downloaded what is listed as 1.01 twice just to make sure I downloaded the correct thing.
Version 1.01 is for those who are experincing trouble with 1.02. If you can run version 1.02 then run it instead of 1.01.
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I am having trouble with 1.02 as well.
Hi all,

We've recently received a fixed 1.02 version of Hotline Miami 2 for Windows. Please re-download the MAIN installer (setup_hotline_miami2_2.2.0.3.exe) from your accounts and run it. This one should work now but we'll keep version 1.01 up for those of you who are still experiencing issues with version 1.02 on Windows.

Unfortunately, we have not yet received an updated Mac version, sorry to disappoint :/
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

We've recently received a fixed 1.02 version of Hotline Miami 2 for Windows. Please re-download the MAIN installer (setup_hotline_miami2_2.2.0.3.exe) from your accounts and run it. This one should work now but we'll keep version 1.01 up for those of you who are still experiencing issues with version 1.02 on Windows.

Unfortunately, we have not yet received an updated Mac version, sorry to disappoint :/
Thank you, Judas, downloading it as we speak, hopefully it'll work now, but just in case it doesn't, I'll keep you guys posted -- and I'm definitely keeping my 1.01 installer handy. :P

[UPDATE] It seems to be running fine, now. I didn't do a clean install, just installed it over the previous version, but all saves and configurations are compatible, shift look is much more smooth and usable and it saves V-Sync off. I'm stuck on Scene 12 (I hate playing with the chainsaw/pistol guys, it's not that intuitive, to me), so, for now, I can't say for sure if there are any bugs or crashes present in this version of the game, but at least it's running on Windows again.
Post edited March 16, 2015 by groze

It's running for me just fine. Thanks for your dedicated help for all these issues!
So far, no problems with 2.2.0.3.

What about Limux?

Magmarock: What about Limux?
Linux is already at 1.02.