It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Watch the game with live developer commentary!

Don't forget: Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, a suspenseful Sci-Fi first-person shooter with three very different single-player campaigns, one for each species, and a frantic multiplayer mode, is available FREE for about 20 more hours on GOG.com, as a part of our GOG Galaxy beta tests!

Now, that's something that doesn't happen everyday, now does it? Today, you'll have another equally unique opportunity, because fantastic things like to happen in pairs. Rebellion and GOG.com invite you to a special live stream. At 6:00PM GMT (11:00AM PDT / 2:00PM EDT) drop by [url=http://twitch.tv/gogcom]Twitch.tv/GOGcom[/url] to see us hosting Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 single-player campaign played and commented by the people who made the game 14 years ago!

EDIT:

The stream is now done. You can see the whole thing right here (although, you might want to skip the - awesome - hour-long countdown).
Post edited October 16, 2014 by G-Doc
Wishbone: So how will this work? Will you only start sending out emails once the free promo ends? Because so far, I can't be sure you even registered that I signed up, which makes me slightly nervous that you actually didn't.
If you try and sign up again the system will tell you that you're already registered. That's the best indicator I've found that confirms you're on the list.
Post edited October 16, 2014 by ikrananka
Ixamyakxim: I'm guessing it's an easy (and awesomely generous!) way to test the "backend" multiplayer of Galaxy. I'm sure the moment it's no longer free, it'll be sold just like any other title in the GoG library, and anyone who wants it can buy it to play whatever part of it they desire - single, multi or otherwise.
Grargar: You can play single-player even now.
Where? Here? All I see is "Soon" and "TBA." ??
DieRuhe: Where? Here? All I see is "Soon" and "TBA." ??
Yup, here (See picture below).
Wishbone: So how will this work? Will you only start sending out emails once the free promo ends? Because so far, I can't be sure you even registered that I signed up, which makes me slightly nervous that you actually didn't.
Just like ikrananka above said, if you try to register while you have already registered, you'll get a message that the e-mail is already registered. In addition, one of the blues said that the vast majority of the codes would be sent after the sign-up period is over, with the biggest bunch from Monday onwards.
Attachments:
untitled.jpg (196 Kb)
Post edited October 16, 2014 by Grargar
That should be interesting. Looking forward to getting my copy of AvP. Until then I'm having a very good time with Grimrock 2. Now that's how sequels should always be done. ;)
mistermumbles: That should be interesting. Looking forward to getting my copy of AvP. Until then I'm having a very good time with Grimrock 2. Now that's how sequels should always be done. ;)
Is it more of the same?
Post edited October 16, 2014 by Grargar
mistermumbles: That should be interesting. Looking forward to getting my copy of AvP. Until then I'm having a very good time with Grimrock 2. Now that's how sequels should always be done. ;)
Grargar: Is it more of the same?
In a fashion, but quite a bit improved. I've played it quite a bit yesterday, and it's far superior to the original:
- connected overworld map with separate dungeons
- many more beasties with different attacks; fast attack, jump attack, dodging, etc... which makes combat much more varied and fun; a big shoutout for the devious toad as it was quite the surprising first encounter
- challenging mini-boss/arena fights
- varied height levels within certain levels, not just the plain ole flat dungeon
- typically more interesting puzzle designs
- it's f***ing gorgeous!

It was definitely worth the (for me rare) pre-order, that's for sure.
Post edited October 16, 2014 by mistermumbles
mistermumbles: In a fashion, but quite a bit improved. I've played it quite a bit yesterday, and it's far superior to the original:
- connected overworld map with separate dungeons
- many more beasties with different attacks; fast attack, jump attack, dodging, etc... which makes combat much more varied and fun; a big shoutout for the devious toad as it was quite the surprising first encounter
- challenging mini-boss/arena fights
- varied height levels within certain levels, not just the plain ole flat dungeon
- typically more interesting puzzle designs
- it's f***ing gorgeous!

It was definitely worth the (for me rare) pre-order, that's for sure.
OK. I think I will have a blast with it too when I play it. Thanks!
Can we possibly see Aliens vs. Predator 2 released on here?
I second Alien Vs. Predator 2 on GOG Galaxy !!!
Thanks a lot for the game GOG & Rebellion! What a fantastic idea, I'm really enjoying this. :)
Kil3r: Can we possibly see Aliens vs. Predator 2 released on here?
If you can figure that one out, perhaps you can help get us NOLF as well. They were all dev'd in the same time period by the same company, Monolith. They've gone through a ton of owners through the years, Fox, Vivendi, Activision. At the moment, Monolith is currently owned by Warner Brothers.

I'm not saying it's the same situation, but AvP 2 isn't on Steam either. So something is definitely problematic about that title.
Cool, I can't tear my eyes away from the screen :).
Did the DOS version of Alien Trilogy have a multiplayer mode?
DieRuhe: Where? Here? All I see is "Soon" and "TBA." ??
Grargar: Yup, here (See picture below).
Grargar: Just like ikrananka above said, if you try to register while you have already registered, you'll get a message that the e-mail is already registered. In addition, one of the blues said that the vast majority of the codes would be sent after the sign-up period is over, with the biggest bunch from Monday onwards.
Ah. I think I get it. Once you register it shows up, yes?
DieRuhe: Ah. I think I get it. Once you register it shows up, yes?
Once you register, you will eventually receive a code in your e-mail. Redeem it like other GOG codes and the game will be added to your account.