It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The classic hack&slash saga continues!

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, a dark hack&slash-type action-rpg with an original story and imaginative gameworld, is available at -20% for Windows, DRM-Free on GOG.com, with Book 1 available right now, and Book 2 planned for February 2015.

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is the next chapter of the Heretic Kingdoms saga, set a few years after the events of Kult: Heretic Kingdoms, players are caught up in a terrible conspiracy and propelled upon an epic journey through a world of dark fantasy. Epic battles and unexpected plot twists await those brave enough to rise to the challenge! Take control of the Devourer, a demon that swallows the souls of the dead and brings them back into the mortal realm as puppets. But is the demon their master – or their servant?

If you played the classic Kult: Heretic Kingdoms (also known as Heretic Kingdoms: Inquisition, -50% in our sale right now!), if you enjoy dark fantasy stories full of demonic powers and ominous magic, or simply if you enjoy slicing and dicing through hordes of enemies, you should check out Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms with a special -20% promo for the first week on GOG.com!
Post edited November 20, 2014 by G-Doc
Matruchus: Why is there no regional pricing annoucement in the OP post since this game is regionally priced?
Gandos: It's fine if the initial flat pricing was an error, but at least they should admit that this is the case and put the notice regarding regional pricing in the announcement.
But that was the whole point... Changed standard news post format so there's no price information anymore, so they won't have to add the notice and just sneak away with it. A good part of their customers will get the standard price, another part won't care about the regional pricing, and screw that core audience that does care and got them this far by supporting and advocating them for what made them different, we're not needed anymore, right?
Ah, and me without the money.

I've been waiting for this to show up without DRM.

Wishlisted

I'm not sure about this obsession people have with regional pricing though.

Seems like the shady dealings there are on the publishers and/or the governments (like DE and AU being a pain in the backside when it comes to games) and without the compromise quite a few of these games that people are always whining about would still require the Steam client to play.
liamphoenix: Ah, and me without the money.

I've been waiting for this to show up without DRM.

Wishlisted

I'm not sure about this obsession people have with regional pricing though.

Seems like the shady dealings there are on the publishers and/or the governments (like DE and AU being a pain in the backside when it comes to games) and without the compromise quite a few of these games that people are always whining about would still require the Steam client to play.
drm free and regional pricing dont go hand in hand....
Niggles: drm free and regional pricing dont go hand in hand....
No, but regional pricing is helpful in convincing reluctant publishers to get on board.
Impaler26: i won't buy Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms here.
Are there other stores where you can get this game flat priced? no.
So if you intend to buy it anyway, why not buy it here to support the real drm-free movement?
Post edited November 21, 2014 by mobutu
mobutu: Are there other stores where you can get this game flat priced? no.
So if you intend to buy it anyway, why not buy it here to support the real drm-free movement?
he is a Steamite.
Good game! I had a hint this would come to GoG and I waited. Glad to see it in DRM-free form. I like the mechanics where you can change between characters at will and heal them with souls from your victims. I also like exploring the hidden side of the world in the dream world. It is slower in combat than Diablo or Torchlight but it compensates with tougher enemies and story. Also trying the old school mode is fun (no quest markets displayed. .. you have to explore yourself). Another thing that probably shouldn't be last, the graphics are really nice. Overall I am happy with this game.
mobutu: Are there other stores where you can get this game flat priced? no.
I'd rather buy full price from GOG than via the Steam mega-sales.

I do, on occasion, get Steam games though.

The Arkham games, Saint's Row, the random keys I get when I buy a Humble Bundle for the content (and division of funds allocated accordingly) with the square of epicness.

Then there's the rage of buying a boxed copy without reading it first and finding out that Skyrim required it!

I still hate you for that Bethesda...
Well, decided to get the game now, even with a huge backlog and another game already using my active RPG slot in the moment
I woulda bought it here to support GOG, but unfortunately on the way here my wallet got mugged by the Fall flash sales and now I'm broke....I guess a win/win for GOG :))))
Post edited November 21, 2014 by F1ach
I started playing yesterday and it is really fun!

After shortly looking at the first part I didn't expect much, but it is really amazing.
Graphics, story, books, voice over, crafting, day/night cycles, exploration and lots of different roles to play.

The combat with the left mouse button hammering or holding down is a little hmm. And you cannot change it!

Why not use something like in D2, where you could put one ability on the first and another on the second mouse button. If the ability on the button is not ready, it does a normal attack. This is/was the most sophisticated control for an action RPG, I ever played.
I love the story so far and that there is a lot of dialogues, spirit world, more main switchable characters.
I really didn't expect something like this and that's a great thing. It's not a typical boring ARPG, it's really far from it.
Does it continue whatever story the first game had?
Elmofongo: Does it continue whatever story the first game had?
I am not 100% sure how it works, but I think every puppet (soul) you possess has its own story you play through. There has been no mention of a previous story line, except for the "Traumwelt" (Dreamworld) that got shattered (read from books in the game).

//edit: what is also pretty cool, if you find a corpse it is mostly possible to switch to the shadow plane and talk to the ghost and ask what happened, if still present.

//edit: just to point out, I haven't had a single crash in the game. I am not sure about the comments on the title page. This is with directx11 engine and the only glitch I found is with reading books (very minor, see forums).
Post edited November 22, 2014 by disi
Elmofongo: Does it continue whatever story the first game had?
The game chooses Inquisition as canon ending for plot factor since no longer Dreamworld, Shadows instead, no more Macula or born mages because Godslayer Sword is destroyed and Penta Nera members killed or possessed with exception of Krenze, planes shifted and demons along with other monster break in directly.