It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The classic hack&slash saga continues!

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, a dark hack&slash-type action-rpg with an original story and imaginative gameworld, is available at -20% for Windows, DRM-Free on GOG.com, with Book 1 available right now, and Book 2 planned for February 2015.

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is the next chapter of the Heretic Kingdoms saga, set a few years after the events of Kult: Heretic Kingdoms, players are caught up in a terrible conspiracy and propelled upon an epic journey through a world of dark fantasy. Epic battles and unexpected plot twists await those brave enough to rise to the challenge! Take control of the Devourer, a demon that swallows the souls of the dead and brings them back into the mortal realm as puppets. But is the demon their master – or their servant?

If you played the classic Kult: Heretic Kingdoms (also known as Heretic Kingdoms: Inquisition, -50% in our sale right now!), if you enjoy dark fantasy stories full of demonic powers and ominous magic, or simply if you enjoy slicing and dicing through hordes of enemies, you should check out Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms with a special -20% promo for the first week on GOG.com!
Post edited November 20, 2014 by G-Doc
Meh... what a shitty way to arive at home after work... reading that the pricing scheme was changed -.-
damien: Shit, for a second I thought Heretic was finally released... :)
Haha, same here.

I first read "Heretic: shadow of the serpent riders"
Looks awesome. Will pick it up within the next few days.
Whoops i meant $30.49 AUD. $24.39AUD. Regionally priced - 40cent difference.

It looks good. But i have plenty of games in backlog (like everyone else...)
Post edited November 21, 2014 by Niggles
Seems like GOG is really intractable when it comes to discuss "One Price For All" with the publishers.... Good work i call that. Keep on One-Prizing, dudes!
Stealthy switching pricing models? Really GOG? And no update to reflect the situation in the announcement?

Greatly disappointed.
GOG.com: The classic hack&slash saga continues!

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, a dark hack&slash-type action-rpg with an original story and imaginative gameworld, is available at -20% for Windows, DRM-Free on GOG.com, with Book 1 available right now, and Book 2 planned for February 2015.

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is the next chapter of the Heretic Kingdoms saga, set a few years after the events of Kult: Heretic Kingdoms, players are caught up in a terrible conspiracy and propelled upon an epic journey through a world of dark fantasy. Epic battles and unexpected plot twists await those brave enough to rise to the challenge! Take control of the Devourer, a demon that swallows the souls of the dead and brings them back into the mortal realm as puppets. But is the demon their master – or their servant?

If you played the classic Kult: Heretic Kingdoms (also known as Heretic Kingdoms: Inquisition, -50% in our sale right now!), if you enjoy dark fantasy stories full of demonic powers and ominous magic, or simply if you enjoy slicing and dicing through hordes of enemies, you should check out Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms with a special -20% promo for the first week on GOG.com!
Post edited November 20, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
GOG: you get
"$6.20 OFF ANY FUTURE PURCHASE. You get bonus store credit (our Fair Price Package) to offset the regional pricing."

Me: no I won't. i will be using a proxy server "IF" i buy games with regional discriminating price
Post edited November 20, 2014 by robertgg
Looks interesting but i don't get it, do you create your own character or do you pick one from the available?

Edit: Nevermind, i've watched a let's play, you're the demon and you pick one of the 3 predefined classes for the normal world.

Going to my wishlist, looks a good arpg but already spent too much this year.
Post edited November 20, 2014 by Cyraxpt
It looks really interesting, graphically sweet and the story comment I read above as a con it's a big plus in my book, but... bitComposer. automatically brings Chaos Chronicles in my mind. Damn, what a pity...
No joke, just my first impression: This looks like a better game than the new Diablo! And it´s DRM-free!!!
Why is there no regional pricing annoucement in the OP post since this game is regionally priced?

Edit: On the other side the game looks good an reminds me of old style rpg games. Might pick it up in a sale (regional pricing!).
Post edited November 20, 2014 by Matruchus
Discrimination pricing, do not want.
Played through Early Access on Steam, you basically get 3 games as every hero has it's own story with world adapting to it and skills affecting gameplay. However Evia as mage is still the only viable class to me. So far the sequel is better in every way than first game because now your choices do matter and have consequences. ;-)

The price isn't discriminating compared to Steam because 1USD=/=1EUR.
Post edited November 20, 2014 by HenitoKisou
Robette: So... I am interested... any early access customers here that can say a few words about the quality of the game?
Pinball: Pro:
Interesting take on combat where you have four different "souls" to switch between, meaning you can switch between supernatural demon plus three of sword, bow, bomb thrower, and dual dagger classes (maybe more) for your combat. The demon lives in his own supernatural world so sometimes you switch between the mortal and supernatural world to solve puzzles. You can also clear a dungeon in the mortal realm, then switch to supernatural realm to clear out all the supernatural monsters as you head back to the dungeon entrance.

Con:
Concerned about weak crafting and lots of bugs. Today there was a major release day update that supposedly addressed these issues but I'd be surprised if they were all fixed, or that fixing some bugs didn't introduce others.
Also, it's not really combat heavy where you're wading through tons of monsters like Diablo or Torchlight. It's more a story-driven RPG with monsters to slay along the way. People buying this for a Diablo experience may be disappointed.
Thanks for that. Nice to see a story drive rpg for once (im sort of over the diablo type games..)...:)
HypersomniacLive: Stealthy switching pricing models? Really GOG? And no update to reflect the situation in the announcement?

Greatly disappointed.
I have to agree. It's fine if the initial flat pricing was an error, but at least they should admit that this is the case and put the notice regarding regional pricing in the announcement.