It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This one kind of piques my interest, but except for Total Annihilation I don't really like the typical base-building Starcraft-type RTS... is that pretty much what this is?
Post edited June 23, 2009 by Mentalepsy
Namur: I've been waiting for this to get the whole series at once, but apparently i can't have 3 items in the cart at the same time.
Is that the way it's supposed to work ? Max. of 2 items per order ?

Ive bought like seven games at once before..haha..unless they changed the rules, might wanna ask support about that.
Also $6 for a 2005 game...wow. :)
I know you put a lot of effort into getting this one to work so thanks x2!
Post edited June 23, 2009 by chautemoc
deoren: I guess they're trying to teach us restraint. :P
Namur: Yep, maybe that's it :)
It's not a big deal really, i'll get them anyway in two separate orders but it would be nice to know just for future reference.
I seem to remember getting more than two items in one order, but maybe that was with a promo pack.

It should work with as many games in the cart as you want. Perhaps you're not adding to cart? It's hard to guess what you're doing - please contact support if you require help.
Finally.
Sold
chautemoc: Ive bought like seven games at once before..haha..unless they changed the rules, might wanna ask support about that.

Ok, thanks. Maybe something wrong at my end, i dunno. I'll give it another whack.
Oldski: It should work with as many games in the cart as you want. Perhaps you're not adding to cart? It's hard to guess what you're doing - please contact support if you require help.

Ok, thank you.
I'll try again and if it still doens't work for me i'll contact support.
Edit: I already have the whole series sitting pretty in my shelf :) Probelm solved. Thanks.
Post edited June 23, 2009 by Namur
Mentalepsy: This one kind of piques my interest, but except for Total Annihilation I don't really like the typical base-building Starcraft-type RTS... is that pretty much what this is?

It differs a lot from TA. I was a huge TA fanatic and didn't play this one for a week. For one thing, pausing doesn't really work; the game keeps on going. For another, you have to make more decisions on exactly how you are going to build/develop what you build. That's a huge part of the game actually; you can supposedly make hundreds of variations of vehicles by choosing different chasis, weaponry, etc. In that sense it's a little bit like DOW or Starcraft, but much more so.
Also, when I played it there were crippling bugs involving invisible walls and such. That might have gotten ironed out in patches, though. Also, the online community was very small and stayed that way, which is the death knell of an RTS game unless you find the computer AI other than predictable and eventually too easy.
Anyway, I was very charged up to like this game, but the initial bugs, tiny online community, and very ambitious complication and micromanagement of army building put me off it pretty fast.
Blarg: It differs a lot from TA. I was a huge TA fanatic and didn't play this one for a week. For one thing, pausing doesn't really work; the game keeps on going. For another, you have to make more decisions on exactly how you are going to build/develop what you build. That's a huge part of the game actually; you can supposedly make hundreds of variations of vehicles by choosing different chasis, weaponry, etc. In that sense it's a little bit like DOW or Starcraft, but much more so.

I love turn-based strategy, but I have problems playing RTS games where you have to research technology and build hierarchical structures and manage combat and mine resources and so forth all at the same time. It's too much for me to deal with, and I feel like I don't have the time to really think about what I'm doing. If it's the same sort of RTS as Warcraft, I don't think I'm interested.
Blarg: Also, when I played it there were crippling bugs involving invisible walls and such. That might have gotten ironed out in patches, though. Also, the online community was very small and stayed that way, which is the death knell of an RTS game unless you find the computer AI other than predictable and eventually too easy.

I don't play games online anyway. I'm not good enough to play against the 24/7 sugar addicts that occupy most multiplayer games, so it's not fun for me, especially not in RTS games where I just get overrun and destroyed after about five minutes.
Post edited June 23, 2009 by Mentalepsy
Do I need to know the story of the first 2 before picking this one up?
kiva: Do I need to know the story of the first 2 before picking this one up?

Well I guess that it is not necessary to know exactly what happened in previous games. You just need to know some basics like what happened with Earth and maybe the origin of those three "nations".
kiva: Do I need to know the story of the first 2 before picking this one up?

You dont need to. But there are some really nice references... Like mission called "Lost Souls" which involves people from E2150: Lost Souls.
Thanks for the info. Ill be getting this soon then.
Someone give me a good reason to buy this again please.
I have the 'other' digital distributed version (cough).
And although it no longer needs any further support in order to work, I'm desperately looking for some other feeble excuse to own it on GOG.
:)
Post edited June 24, 2009 by Krankor
Krankor: Someone give me a good reason to buy this again please.
And although it no longer needs any further support in order to work, I'm desperately looking for some other feeble excuse to own it on GOG.

Its on GOG, reason enough right there.

It will look great on your shelf alongside E2140 and E2150 ?

Because its more portable. Because any update from the other site can break the game at any time. Because you actually own the title, instead of, renting it. Because you will be supporting the non-DRM standard Vs. DRM. Because GoG has incredible customer support and doesn't sell broken games like other services sometimes seem to do.