It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

48-hour Frost Flash Frenzy with 30 deals per hour, daily bundles, awesome games up to 90% off, and Age of Wonders for FREE!

Winter is upon us and the holiday season is nigh, so what better time to get your game on and stack up with great titles at ridiculous prices?! Let's kick off the 2014 DRM-free BIG Winter Sale! If you're getting a feeling of déjà vu, look closer: we've prepared a brand new lineup of flash deals and fresh daily bundles for you, for the next 11 days!

Your holiday shopping rush begins with the 48-hour Frost Flash Frenzy: 30 flash deals available every hour for the first two days of our Big Winter Sale! We also have an awesome "first come, first served" gift: 250.000 copies of the seminal turn-based strategy classic Age of Wonders for FREE. If you're a fan, make sure you pick up Age of Wonders 2: The Wizard's Throne and Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic 75% off in one of today's bundles and the more recent entry to the franchise Age of Wonders 3 available 66% off for the first 24 hours of the sale!

But, obviously, there is much more to our Winter Promo. Today's daily bundles feature the acclaimed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy as well as our flagship pairing of the Witcher 1&2. Today's flash deals include hit titles like Wasteland 2, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Dreamfall Chapters, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Terraria, and many more.

So there you have it, the BIG Winter Sale is here to bring you a gaming good time. Visit daily to get the best deals! The promo ends on December 15, at 1:59 PM GMT.

Now, get ready for the Age of Wonders special surprise stream with Quill18, starting 5PM GMT / 12PM EST / 9AM PST on Twitch.tv/GOGcom.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="472" width="775" id="live_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?channel=gogcom" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="hostname=www.twitch.tv&channel=gogcom&auto_play=true&start_volume=25" /></object>

<iframe src="[url=https://freesecure.timeanddate.com/countdown/i4cf6iz5/n262/cf12/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs1/ca0/co1/cr0/ss0/cac444/cpc444/pct/tcfff/fs275/szw576/szh243/tatStream%20begins%20in%3A/tac444/tptStream%20now%20LIVE!/tpc444/iso2014-12-04T18:00:00]https://freesecure.timeanddate.com/countdown/i4cf6iz5/n262/cf12/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs1/ca0/co1/cr0/ss0/cac444/cpc444/pct/tcfff/fs275/szw576/szh243/tatStream%20begins%20in%3A/tac444/tptStream%20now%20LIVE!/tpc444/iso2014-12-04T18:00:00[/url]" frameborder="0" width="775" height="235"></iframe>
Post edited December 04, 2014 by G-Doc
CarrionCrow: Sermon
ixbt25i: As I said, I wasn't trying to be controversial. Sad that this hit so close to home for quite a few people apparently.

Any financial "gain" by buying a game is obliterated by the amount of time wasted waiting for it to go on sale. Telling yourself you're being "financially sensible" by doing so is just delusional. This is exactly the kind of mentality that enables and perpetuates such sales.
Why would time waiting for a sale be wasted?
You might be doing other stuff than looking at a page and refreshing it all day.
Awesome!!!!
Hey, I just noticed the 48 hours for the sale. Was it supposed to run for 48 hours only?
I'm not complaining because this turned out to be in my favour. I got 2 games I really wanted in these sales :-)
LOL I was just looking around the front page for this thread in the news feed so I could check when the sales were over and we could get back to classic releases when I realised it HAD ended!
D'Oh!
GeorgIsMe: Hey, I just noticed the 48 hours for the sale. Was it supposed to run for 48 hours only?
I'm not complaining because this turned out to be in my favour. I got 2 games I really wanted in these sales :-)
The 48h thing was at the beginning were tons of flash deals appeared at the same time, the sale itself was 10 days :-)
CarrionCrow: -looks at the four hundred dollars I saved by sale-watching....looks at the comment about being delusional...looks at the bank statement again....looks at the comment again....giggles hysterically- =)
You should look at the money you spent. That's what bank statements are about. You just spent money, you didn't save any money by spending money.

But as you are apparently talking about hundreds of dollars, your shopping patterns are clearly of pathological nature. Keep giggling hysterically while you enjoy all the money you "saved" by wasting it on dozens and dozens of games you'll never play.
CarrionCrow: -looks at the four hundred dollars I saved by sale-watching....looks at the comment about being delusional...looks at the bank statement again....looks at the comment again....giggles hysterically- =)
ixbt25i: You should look at the money you spent. That's what bank statements are about. You just spent money, you didn't save any money by spending money.

But as you are apparently talking about hundreds of dollars, your shopping patterns are clearly of pathological nature. Keep giggling hysterically while you enjoy all the money you "saved" by wasting it on dozens and dozens of games you'll never play.
-laughs even harder while looking at my wishlist and deciding what I'll get during the next round of sales-watching- ;)
CarrionCrow: Sermon
ixbt25i: As I said, I wasn't trying to be controversial. Sad that this hit so close to home for quite a few people apparently.

Any financial "gain" by buying a game is obliterated by the amount of time wasted waiting for it to go on sale. Telling yourself you're being "financially sensible" by doing so is just delusional. This is exactly the kind of mentality that enables and perpetuates such sales.
It depends on how much the person values time. For someone who knows they want a game and can wait, sales are great. They get the game they wanted at a lower price. For people who like collecting, sales are also a good opportunity.

You have a point that buying a game just because it's on sale is not smart. But that doesn't mean that sales are not a good way to save money.
ixbt25i: You should look at the money you spent. That's what bank statements are about. You just spent money, you didn't save any money by spending money.

They left....
I'm sad now....
Come back, sunshine! We can talk about the next sale! It'll probably be really, really good if you're willing to keep an eye on it and grab the best deals! -smiles-

And how much money did you spend on hobbies this year? If you count your time at an hourly wage, how much does it add up to?

Someone else's financial decisions are based on their finances, not yours. Calling them 'pathological' is insulting and ignorant.

Since you seem to want to look at money spent, let's take a look:
If someone saved $400 and stayed around 75% discounts, they spent about $133.
If someone saved $400 and stayed around 50% discounts. they spent about $200.

This is in line for hobby spending in the US, especially in December when many people have saved up in anticipation of sales. Eating out regularly costs more.

HGiles: And how much money did you spend on hobbies this year? If you count your time at an hourly wage, how much does it add up to?

Someone else's financial decisions are based on their finances, not yours. Calling them 'pathological' is insulting and ignorant.

Since you seem to want to look at money spent, let's take a look:
If someone saved $400 and stayed around 75% discounts, they spent about $133.
If someone saved $400 and stayed around 50% discounts. they spent about $200.

This is in line for hobby spending in the US, especially in December when many people have saved up in anticipation of sales. Eating out regularly costs more.
-whispers- ....I think they might need a hug....don't tell them that, though....they get self-conscious....