It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Together, we celebrated DRM-free gaming and it was awesome!

Our 2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale has come to an end. For over two weeks we offered you most games in our catalog for half their usual price, as well as thematic bundles and special deals with up to 85% discounts. We were also able to give out the excellent action-RPG Torchlight for free. We're happy to say, that 2,5 million free games were added to collections of users registered with GOG.com--veterans and newcomers alike. We're glad we could bring so much DRM-free joy to so many people! We've got you to thank for that, as your tweets, re-posts, and word of mouth made it possible for us to reach that many gamers.

Our Longest Day of Gaming super-sale proved to be the biggest in all of GOG.com history. Over the course of our Summer Sale a lot of people found out about GOG.com and discovered that DRM isn't the default in the gaming industry, and that there's very much gamers can do to affect how the market functions. In the middle of our discount extravaganza the #NoDRM movement noted a huge victory in the console parts of gaming world. We're not taking any credit for that, of course, but we're glad to see more and more gamers becoming aware of the risks of unreasonable DRM policies and demanding control over their games. We like to think, that our core values--DRM-free gaming, customer love, and free bonus content--are beginning to spread across the world of gaming. Again, you are the force that drives this progress. So, as we're thanking you for participating in our promotions, we would also like to say this: Gamers of the world, we salute you!

We hope you enjoyed our 2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale and that the games you got off it will keep you entertained for many, many hours!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to service downtime with one of our payment processing providers some of you couldn't complete your purchases on Monday, July 1st (between 7:46PM GMT and 9:18PM GMT). This was a worldwide issue affecting not only GOG.com users. The problem wasn't caused nor could it be fixed by us, but we're concerned with the fact that some of our customers missed out on our Monday offers.

We think that's unfair, so if you were one of those people, please contact our support. If your purchase failed during that time and your funds were frozen on your account, we will send you some free game codes to make up for your inconvenience.
Post edited July 05, 2013 by Chamb
mistermumbles: So, accounting for all the free games that'd be something like 200-250k new users? Impressive. That said, it'll be interesting to see how many of those will stick around.
Probably not many, but I made my account to take advantage of when Fallout was free, then popped into the forums a year later, so it's possible!
I only found out about GOG.com because someone tweeted the Torchlight promo. Then I was curious to check out the upcoming sales and ended up buying way more games than I should have. :)

Long story short, thanks to the whole GOG.com team !
dehcbad25: I did not realized Torchlight was free at some point :(
Don't worry, there's about 2.1 million copies bund to crop up here in the next couple of weeks...
GOG launched in beta on August 1, 2008. I've been here since Sep. 29, 2008. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to buy there games here. Sure I do buy some elsewhere too, but GOG is always my first choice, even if I have to pay a little more here.
I must thank you guys at GOG.com for the wonderful sales!

I would actually like to buy these games even regardless of any sale, because DRM free nature in itself makes them worth more. But wish i was earning, to do that :( .

Its the other services packed with DRM such as Steam that needs to be on sale, since you are in reality just renting those games bought over there and not owning any. Here, you OWN what you pay for.

Its disturbing how other digital distribution sites such as Steam has users willing to pay full price for the games they are actually renting.
2 hours ago!!!!
Damn missed everything for 50%.
Least a good sale promo is on atm.
Thank you GOG.
Thank you GOG.com, for providing games without DRM.
I was watching a video for Rogue Legacy earlier today, and thought "I want to buy that!" I knew it was on Steam so I booted that first, but then thought "Hang on, maybe it's on GoG."

Lo and behold, there it is. And my purchase from here is guaranteed.

Because you guys are awesome; you're easily the best digital retailer ever, your prices are great, your selection is amazing (thank you for System Shock 2, by the way), and they way you treat your customers is second-to-none.

Frankly I'm embarrased for everyone that doesn't use your site. You guys deserve all the success in the world. And then some.
great sale.. I put a few more in my collection too.
alterecho: Its the other services packed with DRM such as Steam that needs to be on sale, since you are in reality just renting those games bought over there and not owning any. Here, you OWN what you pay for.
I do rent games from there,but cheaply. I really really wanted to play Left 4 Dead, and since it really is a multiplayer only game I took a chance and bought my first Steam game. I did get it on a good sale though. Then the great DRM free Humble Bundles provided Steam keys, so I figured I might as well register them. Now I will buy something there if I can't get it DRM free anywhere else, but only at a ridiculously low price. I'll buy $50 games after they go down in price, and get a great sale for $5 to $10.

I bought the Witcher 2 on GOG pre-release.
Post edited July 05, 2013 by jalister
I'm glad that this was your most successful promotion GOG. I hope the Torchlight giveaway grew your customer base.

I think GOG has been doing a great job all around. I like your business model and the relationship that you've developed with your customers.

Yes, we play a role in the DRM situation, but you do too, and I'm glad that you're on our side. I think that your influence is being felt.

I would like to see you expand, and carrying newer titles along with the older ones sounds good to me. Same goes for DLC.

The linchpin here afaic is DRM-free, that and good value. As long as you offer that, then I'll probably hang around as your customer and spread the positive word for a long time.
<Waves to all new faces>
Stay around and wait for more GOG goodness :)
You bastards took all my money! :P
mistermumbles: So, accounting for all the free games that'd be something like 200-250k new users? Impressive. That said, it'll be interesting to see how many of those will stick around.
JohnWalrus: Probably not many, but I made my account to take advantage of when Fallout was free, then popped into the forums a year later, so it's possible!
Well, I registered myself when gog was giving Empire Earth for free. Then I didn't give so much importance to DRM, I was sticking with Steam, but after a year I came back to gog no remember why and I just discovered a lot of old titles that I didn't get to play when I was a child, or that I just didn't know because I was born in the early 90's.

This, and some changes in my way of thinking make gog.com my new first game digital distributor. Desura also looks nice, and its in a completely nothing bad second position, but I just love the way gog handles its products. Hope some day they move forward to GNU/Linux systems!!