It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Zoom has always been a joke. GOG barely knows they exist. Maybe instead of complaining, their CEO should try to get just one AAA publisher and not screw it up. Their work has always been overrated by "their fans". Nothing special at all.
Whynots1: Zoom has always been a joke. GOG barely knows they exist. Maybe instead of complaining, their CEO should try to get just one AAA publisher and not screw it up. Their work has always been overrated by "their fans". Nothing special at all.
You made account today just to crap on Zoom? Seem little fishy and you have 0 games.
Whynots1: Zoom has always been a joke. GOG barely knows they exist. Maybe instead of complaining, their CEO should try to get just one AAA publisher and not screw it up. Their work has always been overrated by "their fans". Nothing special at all.
Syphon72: You made account today just to crap on Zoom? Seem little fishy and you have 0 games.
I don't buy many games outside Steam. They had one game I wanted. Hardwar. The discord GOG whining and attitude are enough. They are rude to customers and give lame solutions like run Steam and it will work. I don't plan on buying there again and am sharing my experience.
Whynots1: They are rude to customers and give lame solutions like run Steam and it will work.
I've never seen any of the staff be rude unless someone was rude to them and only after that person was repeatedly rude. Also, I don't believe that solution to "run Steam" applies to Hardwar. Some people were having a problem with Postal III crashing without Steam's overlay, Discord running, or something like that. It doesn't happen to everyone but I don't know what they have in common. Works fine for me in Windows 7 without Steam, Discord, or an internet connection.
Whynots1: They are rude to customers and give lame solutions like run Steam and it will work.
DoomSooth: I've never seen any of the staff be rude unless someone was rude to them and only after that person was repeatedly rude. Also, I don't believe that solution to "run Steam" applies to Hardwar. Some people were having a problem with Postal III crashing without Steam's overlay, Discord running, or something like that. It doesn't happen to everyone but I don't know what they have in common. Works fine for me in Windows 7 without Steam, Discord, or an internet connection.
This is what its like on their discord. The slightest criticism and their fans jump on you.
DoomSooth: I've never seen any of the staff be rude unless someone was rude to them and only after that person was repeatedly rude. Also, I don't believe that solution to "run Steam" applies to Hardwar. Some people were having a problem with Postal III crashing without Steam's overlay, Discord running, or something like that. It doesn't happen to everyone but I don't know what they have in common. Works fine for me in Windows 7 without Steam, Discord, or an internet connection.
Whynots1: This is what its like on their discord. The slightest criticism and their fans jump on you.
I have seen one of their staff get little rude with a customer once. But the people that are not staff can be rude or very defensive for ZOOM.
zoom is ok but I dont see it being viable due to how small they are. Due to little resources it takes months to get any new releases and then many stores have it by then which leaves them with very little sales. And the other issue is that publishers see them as redundant since they probably release their games on gog. drm free is a small market as it is so to compete in it will be hard.
UPD: Well, im wrong mostly, maybe... Let just stay on topic and respect both stores for what they did.
Tlets stay exited for new re-\releases. Even if Jordan ask GOG's to delist ZOOM from FCKDRM, and we know that, lets keep it to them. And keep they opinions about each others to them and not make affect your decisions.
Sorry no spoilers avaialbe here - so here it is. I point few pros and cons about both stores, remind you this is about statement for game removing(!). And at very end - how fast it took to Jordan to respond and solve about removed game from the store.

---------
I still dont see here in your all posts (and in first statemnt mentioned here, which one we talk about initially) any unfair blaming from ZOOM to GOG.
Currently GOG not so interesting in expand their Good Old Games catalogue. While Jordan try to solve licensing issues, finding right peoples (as many as possible). It is not only about expand their catalogue (which one is not so small, they operate from 2014), removed from sales - and Jordan try to contact new (or same old)\old-new owners to make game not been lost for just stupid managers decisions.
In that case Jordan can imply about that ZOOM is better than GOG (and equally GOG is worse than ZOOM, although its still more neutrally in their words as i see it in your cititations, unlike i do here). What is childish if he promote his own store? There is still no insulting and blaming in any "cititations" in few last posts here about that. Im here be less neutrally - that true.

But im not ZOOM, and actually prefer GOG. ZOOM staff also do fixes, they dont have own wrapper-fork yet (they use 3rd party), they try to make games not only DRM-free but portable, they make cool new manuals sometimes (Killing Time and Kao, Kao even for compilation which one meaning it be wrong little manual - but no, all 3 games are fully described, you can split manual to 3 pdf). But GOG have own wrapper, forum, each game is separate installer (after GOG Galaxy, but it is not matter) while on ZOOM it is 50/50.
Not a big differences actually.

So major differences in their current how they feel about old games and what they do to bring it to Digital DRM-Free storefront and what they do to make them stay been available.
This initial statement we talk here in first place - is about game avaiabilities - both for keep old releases and bring new ones. In subj discussion - Jordan is right ZOOM is better than GOG. For us, players. Maybe even not for publishers. But im a player - so i prefer if Jordan use half-true ('disingenuous'? how say that proeprly?) to publishers:
that is better for player -> this is better for publishers. If that make new releases that is not avaialble DRM-free did happen.
You cititate that and ask why ZOOM not better than GOG enough to let Jordan say that.

It is like Steam got old games from ZOOM+GOG. Someone solved licensing issues, publisher do release on Steam. Some time ago it been GOG who initiaty make this old games releases be possible. Now they not. They more like Steam today - publishers decide which one games been here, in what state, and for how long it be available.

Im prefer GOG, as i say, and i do opposite comments in near threads about whining against GOG. Including threads bout old games catalogue expanding.

Both stores depend on someone personal interest in games. Initial releases here (not for updates) GOG did involved, not only publishers. And that is someone at GOG staff personal interest (i mean actual wotk on release, making build, removing Multiplayer button from main menu :p ). Same for ZOOM. Same for managing expanding catalogue. And it is obvious tat GOG and ZOOM not so big in their staff. We shouldnt demand immediat releases for specific games. But we shouldnt blame as well.

And that one even proove that Jrdan is wrong about GOG. But again - we talk initally not only about expanding, but also possible removing games from avaialbility. And at this point, Jordan have rights to tell that ZOOM is better. They try to fix that immediatly when it happen. Not after years and new publisher get IP owning - like GOG did. Like all you discuss in near threads - hey new IP owner, maybe games can be re-appear?
-------------
*probably im wrong here*
It is fair enough as i can see it, for Jordan delicately says GOG are worst ZOOM are better (vice versa). I just dont see what you see in cititations. You see he\they blame GOG, i dont see it. He have personal opinion right and little business opinion right to say something about GOG, if it not going to 'who more childish' childish game.

It is GOG who bring DRM-free GoodOldGames and many thing to us. And to publishers. Stardock Impulse and Amazon also been usually DRM-free (*Impulse have downaloding client). But GOG make some standarts. And ZOOM not first one who follow that in 2014 (last one who stay, FireFlower Games Store is specific for indie and content provided to customers directly from publisher in any formats they want). Yes, there is some like copying.
but this is again about content-builds. This is what we should be interested and this ones is not a big differences.

Some pages ago i ask tool creator about Fairty Tale (or games beed delisted from Store but blank-page still exist). When i ask Jordan about this game avaiability on discord - it took 1 day to make game bring back to store with immediat response from Jordan on discord right when im ask about it.
Same happened for Sacred, Ankh 1 and A Vampyre Story (hm, or which ones?). Although they been avaialbe not for so long, recently released. Anhk 1 even did not 'temporary unavailable' but licensing issue solved.

^
This make not fair to blame GOG, but fair for Jordan say what he say (and nothing more):

We strive to deliver the highest quality and customer service. Those are our differentiators.
Again, i dont see 'childish' insulting GOG here. Official statements keep it in neutrality.
Post edited September 02, 2022 by QWEEDDYZ
QWEEDDYZ: UPD: Well, im wrong mostly, maybe... Let just stay on topic and respect both stores for what they did.
Tlets stay exited for new re-\releases. Even if Jordan ask GOG's to delist ZOOM from FCKDRM, and we know that, lets keep it to them. And keep they opinions about each others to them and not make affect your decisions.
Sorry no spoilers avaialbe here - so here it is. I point few pros and cons about both stores, remind you this is about statement for game removing(!). And at very end - how fast it took to Jordan to respond and solve about removed game from the store.

---------
I still dont see here in your all posts (and in first statemnt mentioned here, which one we talk about initially) any unfair blaming from ZOOM to GOG.
Currently GOG not so interesting in expand their Good Old Games catalogue. While Jordan try to solve licensing issues, finding right peoples (as many as possible). It is not only about expand their catalogue (which one is not so small, they operate from 2014), removed from sales - and Jordan try to contact new (or same old)\old-new owners to make game not been lost for just stupid managers decisions.
In that case Jordan can imply about that ZOOM is better than GOG (and equally GOG is worse than ZOOM, although its still more neutrally in their words as i see it in your cititations, unlike i do here). What is childish if he promote his own store? There is still no insulting and blaming in any "cititations" in few last posts here about that. Im here be less neutrally - that true.

But im not ZOOM, and actually prefer GOG. ZOOM staff also do fixes, they dont have own wrapper-fork yet (they use 3rd party), they try to make games not only DRM-free but portable, they make cool new manuals sometimes (Killing Time and Kao, Kao even for compilation which one meaning it be wrong little manual - but no, all 3 games are fully described, you can split manual to 3 pdf). But GOG have own wrapper, forum, each game is separate installer (after GOG Galaxy, but it is not matter) while on ZOOM it is 50/50.
Not a big differences actually.

So major differences in their current how they feel about old games and what they do to bring it to Digital DRM-Free storefront and what they do to make them stay been available.
This initial statement we talk here in first place - is about game avaiabilities - both for keep old releases and bring new ones. In subj discussion - Jordan is right ZOOM is better than GOG. For us, players. Maybe even not for publishers. But im a player - so i prefer if Jordan use half-true ('disingenuous'? how say that proeprly?) to publishers:
that is better for player -> this is better for publishers. If that make new releases that is not avaialble DRM-free did happen.
You cititate that and ask why ZOOM not better than GOG enough to let Jordan say that.

It is like Steam got old games from ZOOM+GOG. Someone solved licensing issues, publisher do release on Steam. Some time ago it been GOG who initiaty make this old games releases be possible. Now they not. They more like Steam today - publishers decide which one games been here, in what state, and for how long it be available.

Im prefer GOG, as i say, and i do opposite comments in near threads about whining against GOG. Including threads bout old games catalogue expanding.

Both stores depend on someone personal interest in games. Initial releases here (not for updates) GOG did involved, not only publishers. And that is someone at GOG staff personal interest (i mean actual wotk on release, making build, removing Multiplayer button from main menu :p ). Same for ZOOM. Same for managing expanding catalogue. And it is obvious tat GOG and ZOOM not so big in their staff. We shouldnt demand immediat releases for specific games. But we shouldnt blame as well.

And that one even proove that Jrdan is wrong about GOG. But again - we talk initally not only about expanding, but also possible removing games from avaialbility. And at this point, Jordan have rights to tell that ZOOM is better. They try to fix that immediatly when it happen. Not after years and new publisher get IP owning - like GOG did. Like all you discuss in near threads - hey new IP owner, maybe games can be re-appear?
-------------
*probably im wrong here*
It is fair enough as i can see it, for Jordan delicately says GOG are worst ZOOM are better (vice versa). I just dont see what you see in cititations. You see he\they blame GOG, i dont see it. He have personal opinion right and little business opinion right to say something about GOG, if it not going to 'who more childish' childish game.

It is GOG who bring DRM-free GoodOldGames and many thing to us. And to publishers. Stardock Impulse and Amazon also been usually DRM-free (*Impulse have downaloding client). But GOG make some standarts. And ZOOM not first one who follow that in 2014 (last one who stay, FireFlower Games Store is specific for indie and content provided to customers directly from publisher in any formats they want). Yes, there is some like copying.
but this is again about content-builds. This is what we should be interested and this ones is not a big differences.

Some pages ago i ask tool creator about Fairty Tale (or games beed delisted from Store but blank-page still exist). When i ask Jordan about this game avaiability on discord - it took 1 day to make game bring back to store with immediat response from Jordan on discord right when im ask about it.
Same happened for Sacred, Ankh 1 and A Vampyre Story (hm, or which ones?). Although they been avaialbe not for so long, recently released. Anhk 1 even did not 'temporary unavailable' but licensing issue solved.

^
This make not fair to blame GOG, but fair for Jordan say what he say (and nothing more):

We strive to deliver the highest quality and customer service. Those are our differentiators.
QWEEDDYZ: Again, i dont see 'childish' insulting GOG here. Official statements keep it in neutrality.
I'm reading this on my phone. So all I see is a wall of text. Haha

But about Zoom fixing issues really fast. That's not impressive when you have such a small game library. GOG has what 6k games when zoom has about 450. It's a lot easier to keep track and fix issues.

Also, they sold the outforce in broken status, removed it, and said it would be back in a couple of days. Okay, well it's been more than three months with no updates. People shit on GOG for doing that but Zoom is doing the samething.

Why is it taking them so long? Not like they're releasing tons of games to keep them busy.

Did you see my last post? I was not talking about the EA issue with Zoom. I was talking about Zoom getting butthurt about GOG selling games they have as well. Which is childish.

Edit: We don't know how Zoom will be if they get bigger. It's easy to provide good customer service when you have such small user base.
Post edited September 02, 2022 by Syphon72
To a customer service, i appreaciate they both if they provide as much as they can.

I mean Jordan response almost immediatly. About game been removed for time beign (not even have a store page fully fucntionallity). But at next day it become avaialble. Same for few other titles recetnly released (Sacred is not of them, my mistake, should be something else, cant say now which one). Ofc there is a lot of not avaialble games (and some still not listed in catalogue). But when it possible to be solved ASAP - it be solved on ZOOM ASAP. Again, i mean here game avalability.

GOG just dont hunt games anymore. Its probably not like thay should, we cant blame them seriously for that. But we can appreciate ZOOM job.

i dont like both WhyNots1 guy here, someone on ZOOM discord recently asking to acc deletion, and i dont like GOG's forums whine\boykoting. We as customers - lets just respect both stores for what they got for us. it is GOG who started it, who make some standard's. ZOOM just follow them. And keep follow while GOG not just same as been before. Even if they state that in that year that they try to become Goold Old Games again.

Yes, m probably wrong here. Maybe even about "childish". But its not only WhyNots1 who say here he is 'out of ZOOM businees' for that. Its also childish to boycotting both GOG or ZOOM. They didnt do anything to us for that. Go boycott Steam and FatGabe - he almost always ruin PC gaming (from late '00s for sure). And steam-versions of games always wrost ones, awful broken delivery system going ore broken since 2014 (and more broken since that again).
-----------
http://discord.com/channels/635815392907886602/679602480300294144/1015092600212033567
This is the differences. ZOOM hunt for keeping games on sale. GOG let if flow.

GOG'ers not interesting to fight for each release be possible, and more important - to keep already re-released games stay available. Did you remember free giveaway of going to be removed games at the end of '14? Good Old GOG.
Most important that EA(EA-Codemasters) games are split exclusively on few stores and been removed in one = removed at all. I dont think it is more important for ZOOM'ers to not get lost own exclusives releases than lost DRM-free games at all.

I was not talking about the EA issue with Zoom
Lets just back to official statemnets. Public letter was about EA. There is nothing wrong there for me (maybe im wrong). They (Jordan) have rights to think what they think about GOG. But yes, there is words against GOG. That they are worse than ZOOM.
As for "hey, 6 former exclusives been released on GOG!". Again, official public statement mention only price drop competition, and that its not fully possible. There is no any word against GOG there. Admiting that fact they set as much lower price as they can (for any reasons).

Jordan mistake about games avaialbility: most games are for Origin. Some old games in origin from GOG initially, and stiil on GOG. While GOG have not all, Steam have nothing of old EA games, some exclusives have ZOOM. Not looks like curently EA a "big friend" with GOG.
Post edited September 02, 2022 by QWEEDDYZ
Unbelievable folks, you are ganging up like bullies and thugs ... mob rule even.

I don't like ZOOM Platform's high prices, and they will likely die or stagnate if they don't improve.

Just ignore all the other banter etc. Adding to a turf war between GOG and ZP isn't going to improve things for DRM-Free, quite the opposite, and so while you may think you are helping GOG, all you are doing is assisting GOG's enemies.

ZOOM Platform are far from a credible threat to GOG, so leave them to their growing pains and move on.
Timboli: Unbelievable folks, you are ganging up like bullies and thugs ... mob rule even.

I don't like ZOOM Platform's high prices, and they will likely die or stagnate if they don't improve.

Just ignore all the other banter etc. Adding to a turf war between GOG and ZP isn't going to improve things for DRM-Free, quite the opposite, and so while you may think you are helping GOG, all you are doing is assisting GOG's enemies.

ZOOM Platform are far from a credible threat to GOG, so leave them to their growing pains and move on.
Indeed all of this can be ignored.

But in my humble opinion It is not about being a threat or not, or the quality of any Store. It is about how the CEO or whatever acts like a regular forum user whinning, threating and victimizing officialy. Poor behaviour when you are talking as the official CEO of a digital Store.

And it is not about boycotting anything neither, at least me. I am only interested in three Zoom games for now though.
Timboli: Unbelievable folks, you are ganging up like bullies and thugs ... mob rule even.
Agreed. A lot of this really comes across as a wild, frothing-at-the-mouth mob attack. How dare a small, independent game store have the nerve to sell DRM-free games and try to muscle in on GOG's turf?

I'm totally fine to hear from people have legitimate criticisms of Zoom based on their experiences, but let's keep it reasonable, eh?

Whynots1: This is what its like on their discord. The slightest criticism and their fans jump on you.
I'm not sure when you experienced this, but I haven't seen this at all. In my experience, people in the Zoom Discord are very friendly and willing to have a mature discussion about criticisms people have with Zoom. I have not seen anyone being rude to customers. It is not true at all that 'the slightest criticism and their fans jump on you'.
Post edited September 02, 2022 by Time4Tea
Syphon72: But about Zoom fixing issues really fast. That's not really impressive when you have such small game library. GOG has what 6k games when zoom has about 450. It's lot easier to keep track and fix issues.

Also they sold the outforce in broken status removed it, and said it would be back in couple days. Okay well it's been more than three months with no updates? People shit on GOG for doing that but Zoom doing the samething.
Regardless of their size, they are giving the best possible customer service that they can, yet you're not willing to give them any credit for it? It seems a tad harsh, in my opinion.

Re. what the issue is with The Outforce: I'm not sure, but I can ask for you. If there are technical issues with a game, I would much rather see them take it down than leave it up for sale (as GOG tend to). Zoom has stated that they don't sell broken games.
Post edited September 02, 2022 by Time4Tea
Time4Tea: Agreed. A lot of this really comes across as a wild, frothing-at-the-mouth mob attack. How dare a small, independent game store have the nerve to sell DRM-free games and try to muscle in on GOG's turf?

I'm totally fine to hear from people have legitimate criticisms of Zoom based on their experiences, but let's keep it reasonable, eh?

Time4Tea: I'm not sure when you experienced this, but I haven't seen this at all. In my experience, people in the Zoom Discord are very friendly and willing to have a mature discussion about criticisms people have with Zoom. I have not seen anyone being rude to customers. It is not true at all that 'the slightest criticism and their fans jump on you'.
I have had legitimate criticisms about Zoom and Zoom defenders have openly attacked me and accused me of lying.... so it is true that Zoomers lash out at the slightest criticism. I am speaking from personal experience so I know that it is factually accurate. I have also heard about the abuse from others as well.