It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wolfsite: I have had legitimate criticisms about Zoom and Zoom defenders have openly attacked me and accused me of lying.... so it is true that Zoomers lash out at the slightest criticism. I am speaking from personal experience so I know that it is factually accurate. I have also heard about the abuse from others as well.
If that is your experience then fair enough and I'm sorry to hear it. However, my experience of Zoom is the polar opposite of that and I haven't seen any of the abuse you are referring to.

On the other hand, I have seen many people in this thread making baseless accusations about Zoom and trying to tear them down. Not that I'm accusing you of it, but earlier in the thread, there were a lot of people throwing accusations of Zoom being 'paid piracy' and of not having legit rights to sell Duke 3D and Grid, in particular. In hindsight, those accusations were clearly baseless, given they seem to be at risk of losing the license to sell Grid.

So, I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience, but surely you have to admit that Zoom has also seen considerable unfair treatment from people on this forum? Perhaps we can all take a step back and start being a bit more reasonable?
Post edited September 02, 2022 by Time4Tea
Time4Tea: Regardless of their size, they are giving the best possible customer service that they can
As far as I know, they only provide support through Discord. For people like me who do not want to use Discord, this is a big problem because we end up with no support at all.

Case in point, I tried to buy two games a couple days ago (Duke Nukem 3D and Ghost Master), and my payment card has been refused. With some easy-to-reach support I would have reported the payment problem so I could hope for a fix and try again later. But due to the Discord barrier, I instead gave up on buying these games from them.
wolfsite: I have had legitimate criticisms about Zoom and Zoom defenders have openly attacked me and accused me of lying.... so it is true that Zoomers lash out at the slightest criticism. I am speaking from personal experience so I know that it is factually accurate. I have also heard about the abuse from others as well.
Time4Tea: If that is your experience then fair enough and I'm sorry to hear it. However, my experience of Zoom is the polar opposite of that and I haven't seen any of the abuse you are referring to.

On the other hand, I have seen many people in this thread making baseless accusations about Zoom and trying to tear them down. Not that I'm accusing you of it, but earlier in the thread, there were a lot of people throwing accusations of Zoom being 'paid piracy' and of not having legit rights to sell Duke 3D and Grid, in particular. In hindsight, those accusations were clearly baseless, given they seem to be at risk of losing the license to sell Grid.

So, I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience, but surely you have to admit that Zoom has also seen considerable unfair treatment from people on this forum? Perhaps we can all take a step back and start being a bit more reasonable?
I remember this one, Way early in one of these threads people were asking how Zoom could still have the Duke games and one of Zoom's employees, rather than saying they had a perpetuity agreement from the previous owners, decided to be cheeky with answers so they would always reply with a statements that could be easily employed that they got the keys for the game through nefarious means. If the person just stated the Perpetuity deal none of these accusations would have happened.

It was a case were the person wanted to have some fun but when you say you represent a company you need to be straight with the answers.
Time4Tea: So, I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience, but surely you have to admit that Zoom has also seen considerable unfair treatment from people on this forum? Perhaps we can all take a step back and start being a bit more reasonable?
Coming from a guy who created a GOG boycott and agaisnt "censorship" "in the own GOG forum", a topic politely never banned, with debatable and subjective demands. From a guy who when somebody critizises it calls them Fanboys, well, the word reasonable is likely a joke.

You could try to be more reasonable.
Post edited September 02, 2022 by Gudadantza
I just find it confusing how there is a thread promoting a rival store on GOG's forum.
wolfsite: I remember this one, Way early in one of these threads people were asking how Zoom could still have the Duke games and one of Zoom's employees, rather than saying they had a perpetuity agreement from the previous owners, decided to be cheeky with answers so they would always reply with a statements that could be easily employed that they got the keys for the game through nefarious means. If the person just stated the Perpetuity deal none of these accusations would have happened.

It was a case were the person wanted to have some fun but when you say you represent a company you need to be straight with the answers.
I don't recall a Zoom employee being 'cheeky' and not providing straight answers. Perhaps you could provide a link?

Nevertheless, there were many people trying to clarify about the perpetual contracts, who were being dismissed, and even if Zoom's response could have been better, that doesn't alter the fact that they were baseless allegations. The whole episode shows how strong a bias against Zoom there has been from users on this forum, from the start.
Doc0075: I just find it confusing how there is a thread promoting a rival store on GOG's forum.
Thats because its GOG half-enforcing their own rules again.

Edit:

Time4Tea: There were many people trying to clarify about the perpetual contracts, who were being dismissed, and even if Zoom's response could have been better, that doesn't alter the fact that they were baseless allegations. The whole episode shows how strong a bias against Zoom there has been from users on this forum, from the start.
I remeber asking a Zoom staff memeber here about A Vampyre Story being exclusive to Zoom seeing its its only avaliable there digitally now and was removed from all other digital store fronts including GOG and Steam. Didn't get a straight answer instead got a load of back and forth rather than just a I can't comment on it or Yes or No.

Thats one of Zooms many issues for me their staff and even moderators on Discord on other servies come across as rude and cheeky rather than answering the question.
Post edited September 02, 2022 by RoboPond
Gudadantza: Coming from a guy who created a GOG boycott and agaisnt "censorship" "in the own GOG forum", a topic politely never banned, with debatable and subjective demands. From a guy who when somebody critizises it calls them Fanboys, well, the word reasonable is likely a joke.

You could try to be more reasonable.
The boycott thread is based on objective and legitimate criticisms of GOG and is backed by over 100 GOG forum users. For example, the issue with Devotion was a clear case of censorship, based on giving in to pressure from an oppressive government. If you don't like it, that's fine - you are not under any obligation to sign up.

I have as much right to call others 'fanboys' as they do to label me a 'shill', simply for mentioning Zoom Platform.

If we are both coming from the position that the other is being unreasonable, then we probably aren't going to be able to hold a very productive conversation, are we?

Time4Tea: Regardless of their size, they are giving the best possible customer service that they can
vv221: As far as I know, they only provide support through Discord. For people like me who do not want to use Discord, this is a big problem because we end up with no support at all.

Case in point, I tried to buy two games a couple days ago (Duke Nukem 3D and Ghost Master), and my payment card has been refused. With some easy-to-reach support I would have reported the payment problem so I could hope for a fix and try again later. But due to the Discord barrier, I instead gave up on buying these games from them.
I'd say that is a legitimate criticism of Zoom, and I agree with you. I'm not saying they are perfect, of course there is always room for improvement. Their support through Discord is very good, but there should also be good support available via e-mail or through the website, for those that don't use Discord.

If the non-Discord support is less responsive, then I hope they will improve it in future.

Doc0075: I just find it confusing how there is a thread promoting a rival store on GOG's forum.
RoboPond: Thats because its GOG half-enforcing their own rules again.
It's a thread for discussing Zoom Platform. It has never been illegal to discuss other game stores on this forum. From what I've seen, at least as much Zoom bashing goes on in this thread, as Zoom 'promotion'.

Time4Tea: There were many people trying to clarify about the perpetual contracts, who were being dismissed, and even if Zoom's response could have been better, that doesn't alter the fact that they were baseless allegations. The whole episode shows how strong a bias against Zoom there has been from users on this forum, from the start.
RoboPond: I remeber asking a Zoom staff memeber here about A Vampyre Story being exclusive to Zoom seeing its its only avaliable there digitally now and was removed from all other digital store fronts including GOG and Steam. Didn't get a straight answer instead got a load of back and forth rather than just a I can't comment on it or Yes or No.

Thats one of Zooms many issues for me their staff and even moderators on Discord on other servies come across as rude and cheeky rather than answering the question.
Ok, I wasn't party to that interaction. From what I heard, the A Vampyre Story developer decided to make it a Zoom Platform exclusive, because the Zoom version worked better than GOG's/Steam's.
Time4Tea: Ok, I wasn't party to that interaction. From what I heard, the A Vampyre Story developer decided to make it a Zoom Platform exclusive, because the Zoom version worked better than GOG's/Steam's.
Thank you for making it clear about A Vampyre Story I wish I got such a straight answer originally.

You say this thread has alot of Zoom bashing, its no different than the General section on Zoom's Discord that has alot of GOG bashing.

Edit:

And also non-Discord support at the moment for Zoom doesn't exist. Not using Discord normally I agree they need to add an email or live chat or something else. (The Contact at the top is not for customer support you get directed to Discord.)
Post edited September 02, 2022 by RoboPond
Time4Tea: but surely you have to admit that Zoom has also seen considerable unfair treatment from people on this forum?
I wouldn't say so, given the reality of the Zoom Platform owner's petty & provocative & unprofessional anti-GOG public statements that he makes, which has happened more than once.

By him making such statements, he himself is egging on hostility among consumers against Zoom Platform, even if doing that wasn't his intention.

He should know better, and behave accordingly.

A lot of the hate for his store that he receives is a reciprocation of his own apparent hatred of GOG, or if not hatred, then at least hostility & apprehension towards, and jealously of, GOG.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: A lot of the hate for his store that he receives is a reciprocation of his own apparent hatred of GOG, or if not hatred, then at least hostility & apprehension towards, and jealously of, GOG.
I agree with you, but I will say that the owner at the moment seems to have more of a passion for the older games than GOG, just a shame that there are so many other issues which have turned me off the platform.
RoboPond: You say this thread has alot of Zoom bashing, its no different than the General section on Zoom's Discord that has alot of GOG bashing.
It's true that some amount of GOG-bashing goes on there. Although, I'd say much of it is somewhat objective and justified. People do speak up in GOG's defense - there are many people on the Zoom Discord that buy from GOG as well - and they are not harassed and labeled as 'shills'. Usually a fairly mature and respectful conversation results. People often post links to new games that are being released on GOG (such as Shadow of Mordor recently) and there is no problem with that.

Time4Tea: but surely you have to admit that Zoom has also seen considerable unfair treatment from people on this forum?
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I wouldn't say so, given the reality of the Zoom Platform owner's petty & provocative & unprofessional anti-GOG public statements that he makes, which has happened more than once.

By him making such statements, he himself is egging on hostility among consumers against Zoom Platform, even if doing that wasn't his intention.

He should know better, and behave accordingly.

A lot of the hate for his store that he receives is a reciprocation of his own apparent hatred of GOG, or if not hatred, then at least hostility & apprehension towards, and jealously of, GOG.
It's a fair point and of course you are entitled to your opinion on that. Although, surely that doesn't justify the sort of baseless accusations that we saw earlier in this thread?

Just to mention it, but there have been reports in the past of GOG taking some of Zoom's work and passing it off as their own. If true, then perhaps some of his hostility towards GOG is justified, and not just based on jealousy or rivalry? Although, whether he should vent that in public is another question.
People promote Steam here all day.
Post edited September 02, 2022 by DoomSooth
Time4Tea: It's true that some amount of GOG-bashing goes on there. Although, I'd say much of it is somewhat objective and justified. People do speak up in GOG's defense - there are many people on the Zoom Discord that buy from GOG as well - and they are not harassed and labeled as 'shills'. Usually a fairly mature and respectful conversation results. People often post links to new games that are being released on GOG (such as Shadow of Mordor recently) and there is no problem with that.
Whilst they are not labeled as much as here (from what i've seen) GOG is mouthed off alot though. Which shouldn't really be done in public from people from Zoom as GOG moderators/employees don't mouth of about Zoom in public so why should it be allowed your Discord?

And allowing people to comment about people that post on GOG even by a spefic username (even a troll?) Whats to stop them having a discussion about any user here that has issues with Zoom that doesn't use their Discord, or Discord in general?
RoboPond: You say this thread has alot of Zoom bashing, its no different than the General section on Zoom's Discord that has alot of GOG bashing.
Time4Tea: It's true that some amount of GOG-bashing goes on there. Although, I'd say much of it is somewhat objective and justified. People do speak up in GOG's defense - there are many people on the Zoom Discord that buy from GOG as well - and they are not harassed and labeled as 'shills'. Usually a fairly mature and respectful conversation results. People often post links to new games that are being released on GOG (such as Shadow of Mordor recently) and there is no problem with that.
Maybe Links, but not Zoom Boycotts to be signed. I wonder what would happen in that situation. Also I wonder what would happen here if GOG did decide that Discord is a good idea for the technical support. Maybe it would be another occurrence in the GOG Boycott and censorship topic.