It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

foad01: I disagree. What I've read in this forum about the ZP is enough for me not to buy anything there. There are also other stores which offer DRM-free games. If you aren't interested in the exclusive titles of the ZP you'll find better alternatives than the ZP.
can you link these other places? I want to expand my arsenal of DRM Free. if its itch and humble I already have those but more is always welcome
foad01: I disagree. What I've read in this forum about the ZP is enough for me not to buy anything there. There are also other stores which offer DRM-free games. If you aren't interested in the exclusive titles of the ZP you'll find better alternatives than the ZP.
Lord_Kane: can you link these other places? I want to expand my arsenal of DRM Free. if its itch and humble I already have those but more is always welcome
GamersGate still has big selection of DRM free games. Some you can't buy anywhere else it seems.
Lord_Kane: can you link these other places? I want to expand my arsenal of DRM Free. if its itch and humble I already have those but more is always welcome
Links count as advertising. Therefore I just mention them:

Fireflower Games offer only DRM-free games.

IndieGala are similar to Humble Bundle and itch.io which also offer DRMed games.

And if you are interested in anime adult games then JAST USA, Kagura Games, FAKKU!, MangaGamer are entirely DRM-free.

If you are interested in physical versions then Limited Run Games and indiebox have DRM-free releases, but some games like Among Us are DRMed.
Post edited January 25, 2023 by foad01
I understand your point. GOG dose has a selection of games that smash ZOOM. 4943 GOG games, while ZOOM has 486 games including DLC right now. People forget ZOOM is not a new store and has been around for over 8 years.
Post edited January 25, 2023 by Syphon72
Syphon72: I understand your point. GOG dose has a selection of games that smash ZOOM. 4943 GOG games, while ZOOM has 486 games including DLC right now. People forget ZOOM is not a new store and has been around for over 8 years.
It is not about the selection. Just think about a butcher where you don't want to buy the meat because you don't like the people working for them. They could have the best meat in town but you still go to the alternatives.
Syphon72: I understand your point. GOG dose has a selection of games that smash ZOOM. 4943 GOG games, while ZOOM has 486 games including DLC right now. People forget ZOOM is not a new store and has been around for over 8 years.
foad01: It is not about the selection. Just think about a butcher where you don't want to buy the meat because you don't like the people working for them. They could have the best meat in town but you still go to the alternatives.
Okay I get it now.
foad01: Links count as advertising. Therefore I just mention them:

Fireflower Games offer only DRM-free games.

IndieGala are similar to Humble Bundle and itch.io which also offer DRMed games.

And if you are interested in anime adult games then JAST USA, Kagura Games, FAKKU!, MangaGamer are entirely DRM-free.

If you are interested in physical versions then Limited Run Games and indiebox have DRM-free releases, but some games like Among Us are DRMed.
thank yoiu very much foad01
Syphon72: GamersGate still has big selection of DRM free games. Some you can't buy anywhere else it seems.
I refuse to buy from them.
Post edited January 25, 2023 by Lord_Kane
Johnathanamz: Guess what, the owner of Zoom said he has a way to negotiate contracts so that video games on Zoom never get delisted, he said he has made permanent contracts.
Sounds damn right Faustian to me to sign a permanent contract with anyone. A lot of things can go wrong with an agreement you cannot back out of when the shit hits the fan.
Johnathanamz: Guess what, the owner of Zoom said he has a way to negotiate contracts so that video games on Zoom never get delisted, he said he has made permanent contracts.
Braggadar: Sounds damn right Faustian to me to sign a permanent contract with anyone. A lot of things can go wrong with an agreement you cannot back out of when the shit hits the fan.
What ever does not affect me. As long as a video game I want to purchase is there one year from now, ten years from now or twenty five years from now it is all very good for me.

It is why Race Driver GRID, the original GRID video game from 2008 is still being sold on Zoom-Platform, while it got delisted years ago from both gog.com and on Steam.

Jordan keeps his word when he talks to his customers it seems. I asked him about how his process goes so video games do not get delisted and that is the answer he gave me.
And for every GRID, there's Alien Trilogy. For every Duke Nukem, there's BloodRayne, etc. Unlike most stores, Zoom keeps their delisted games listed on the store with a ""Temporarily" unavailable" banner, so it;s very easy to find them.
At the end of the day it's not foolproof. Best efforts only, though I must admit that those efforts are very commendable. The pursuit of goodies and great communication is a plus too, but then on the other hand, there are hardly ever any significant sales.
Johnathanamz: What ever does not affect me. As long as a video game I want to purchase is there one year from now, ten years from now or twenty five years from now it is all very good for me.
Never mind me. I'm a stubborn negative customer.

It is why Race Driver GRID, the original GRID video game from 2008 is still being sold on Zoom-Platform, while it got delisted years ago from both gog.com and on Steam.
Makes you wonder whether it's also the reason why none other Codemasters game was released there after GRID if maybe they realized after the fact what they signed for.
I wondered why a contentless thread was created.

Then I saw the exchange from post 49 to post 56 and understood why.

I don't think I would ever want to buy games from a platform which tries to pull stealth advertisement tactics on a competitor's forum. It's pathetic.
mqstout: This is precisely why GOG Galaxy's multiplayer layer should have been designed properly: without player identification and authentication, and with LAN/direct-connect fallback baked right into the client (VPN-in-Galaxy basically).

Instead, GOG chose the DRMful route.
The moment you use galaxy you already have identification and authentification, Galaxy is a browser and a network for your account, it won't work without, no matter what happens behind that, you are already identified.
LAN direct connect means NOT using any client or gaming network infrastructure for communication

mqstout: becomes a cookie in your browser
So it's identification.
Using different accounts accomplishes exactly the same thing as getting a new cookie with the difference that you can easily switch back to the other account.

It's not about GOG, it's about the games. The programmers have to write LAN code, not GOG.
Post edited January 25, 2023 by neumi5694
lupineshadow: I don't think I would ever want to buy games from a platform which tries to pull stealth advertisement tactics on a competitor's forum. It's pathetic.
You've never bought anything from Steam, then? That gets mentioned here way more than anything else, "stealth" or not.