It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ancient-Red-Dragon: Gimping a game by removing its multiplayer, for the sake of then being able to call it 100% DRM-free, does not make the game better or worthwhile or worth buying.

On the contrary: a gimped 100% DRM-free game is not worth buying and is in fact far worse than a non-gimped fully-featured yet DRM-infested version of that same game would be (by the way, the GOG version of Warhammer: Space Marine is a great example of this...and so too will be Dawn of War of GOG follows through on their plans to gimp that.
Gimp DOW how. From what I read there still adding MP just not crossplay. Maybe you're talking about removing LAN? But we have no proof their doing that as well.
Post edited January 24, 2023 by Syphon72
foad01: It is quite remarkable that I've read more about the Zoom Platform in this forum than for example about the Epic Games Store.
Magnitus: How so? You find it surprising that users in a still mostly drm-free store give more attention in their discussions to other drm-free alternatives than to stores riddled with drm?

I find it quite natural.
Fireflower games is also a DRM-free store. How often are people talking about this store? Or think about itch.io. Besides the giveaway threads you don't read about this store very often here.

If GOG releases games which were already released on ZP you can be sure that the same group of users will mention it in the news thread. After that you will read a discussion about ZP instead of GOG users talking about games released on GOG. A similar situation is with the adult games. You also have a certain group of users derailing these threads with the same discussions and posts over and over again. And it is already mentioned that this thread right here is clickbait.
Post edited January 24, 2023 by foad01
Syphon72: Gimp DOW how. From what I read there still adding MP just not crossplay. Maybe you're talking about removing LAN? But we have no proof their doing that as well.
No Crossplay is itself a major act of gimping. That game needs Steam multiplayer functionality in order to be viable and worth playing, since it's a multiplayer-based game, and GOG-only multiplayer is a non-functional ghost town...which means that even if GOG technically has multiplayer functionality for that game "on paper," in reality, the multiplayer won't be functional, so the game will be akin to as if it had no multiplayer at all in the GOG version (or in other words, it will be majorly gimped, as I've said).
Trooper1270: Because "we will be in touch" is a guarantee that they will make all their multiplayer games DRM-Free. Right!...
The owner of Zoom talks almost every single day to the people who talk to him.
Syphon72: Gimp DOW how. From what I read there still adding MP just not crossplay. Maybe you're talking about removing LAN? But we have no proof their doing that as well.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: No Crossplay is itself a major act of gimping. That game needs Steam multiplayer functionality in order to be viable and worth playing, since it's a multiplayer-based game, and GOG-only multiplayer is a non-functional ghost town...which means that even if GOG technically has multiplayer functionality for that game "on paper," in reality, the multiplayer won't be functional, so the game will be akin to as if it had no multiplayer at all in the GOG version (or in other words, it will be majorly gimped, as I've said).
Do you think games with no MP active but have LAN are Gimp? Wouldn't that mean all ZOOM games and lot GOG are gimp products?
Trooper1270: Because "we will be in touch" is a guarantee that they will make all their multiplayer games DRM-Free. Right!...
Johnathanamz: The owner of Zoom talks almost every single day to the people who talk to him.
They have a tiny user base. It's not hard for him to do that. My question is, how will ZOOM be if they become GOG size? I remember ZP saying they would go bankrupt if they had sales like GOG, which is concerning to me.
Johnathanamz: I asked the Zoom owners if they will try to make the multiplayer of video games be 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free over the weekend and they replied by saying we hear you 100% we will be in touch.
Syphon72: ZOOM plans on making a light launcher for there service. Are they turning into GOG? Haha jk
rjbuffchix: What specific games on Zoom-Platform require CD-key, client, or 3rd party email??

I am under the impression everything on Zoom-Platform is completely DRM-free, with multiplayer stripped out or at least without those type of baggages.
Syphon72: Right now that is true. MP has been stripped out of Postal rudux and FlatOut UC. Not their fault just what they had to do.
The owner of ZOOM-Platform, (I guess I have to type that out cause people think it is the other Zoom if I do not type it out.) said they are looking in to bringing LAN in to FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage.
Magnitus: How so? You find it surprising that users in a still mostly drm-free store give more attention in their discussions to other drm-free alternatives than to stores riddled with drm?

I find it quite natural.
foad01: Fireflower games is also a DRM-free store. How often are people talking about this store? Or think about itch.io. Besides the giveaway threads you don't read about this store very often here.

If GOG releases games which were already released on ZP you can be sure that the same group of users will mention it in the news thread
I contributed a bit of derailing about ZP on the last thread. My fault. Just baffle me people point out games that release ZP first but ignore all the games GOG had first and never say anything about it. I pointed out ZP released 7 games that were already on GOG, but no one said a word. GOG releases one game from ZP people can't stop talking. Haha Looks like some double standards. imo
Johnathanamz: The owner of ZOOM-Platform, (I guess I have to type that out cause people think it is the other Zoom if I do not type it out.) said they are looking in to bringing LAN in to FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage.
There is a big difference between looking to add LAN support in one or two specific games and creating a magical generic DRM-free multi-player system that is supposed to work, out of the box, for new and old games.
Post edited January 24, 2023 by Gersen
Syphon72: ZOOM plans on making a light launcher for there service. Are they turning into GOG? Haha jk

Right now that is true. MP has been stripped out of Postal rudux and FlatOut UC. Not their fault just what they had to do.
Johnathanamz: The owner of ZOOM-Platform, (I guess I have to type that out cause people think it is the other Zoom if I do not type it out.) said they are looking in to bringing LAN in to FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage.
I saw him post that about UC, which is excellent news. Wish they would change their name, but in an interview, the owner said he came up with the title first. The interview is on their website.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Gimping a game by removing its multiplayer, for the sake of then being able to call it 100% DRM-free, does not make the game better or worthwhile or worth buying.

On the contrary: a gimped 100% DRM-free game is not worth buying and is in fact far worse than a non-gimped fully-featured yet DRM-infested version of that same game would be (by the way, the GOG version of Warhammer: Space Marine is a great example of this...and so too will be Dawn of War as well if GOG follows through on their plans to gimp that game too).

That is to say, OP has presented zero evidence whatsoever that Zoom Platform has done, or will do, anything worthwhile in regards to point for which he is alleging - incorrectly - that Zoom Platform has done and/or will do something great.
It really depends as to whether you assign any value of the feature with drm.

If you don't, then "gimped" 100% drm-free offers greater quality assurance on what you get.

As we've seen a few time with gog's "optional" drm, mixing in drm features with an otherwise drm-free game can at times lead to situations where the game actually ends up no longer working without drm.
Post edited January 24, 2023 by Magnitus
LAN play for FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage?

It is a game that was released without LAN play! All versions require Games for Windows Live for multiplayer. I think this answers everything now. Without access to the source code and writing a new multiplayer mode without GfWL this won't happen.
Post edited January 24, 2023 by foad01
Gersen: There is a big difference between looking to add LAN support in one or two specific games and creating a magical generic DRM-free multi-player system that is supposed to work, out of the box, for new and old games.
LAN being added to FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage was a response to a different person posting about multiplayer.

The owner of ZOOM-Platform which I typed in their Discord I said what will you guys do about adding 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free multiplayer to video games in the future, because I am sick and tired of needing CD-Keys or 3rd party email account activations and all that stuff and the owner of ZOOM-Platform responded to me saying we hear you 100%.
foad01: LAN play for FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage?

It is game that was released without LAN play! All versions require Games for Windows Live for multiplayer. I think this answers everything now. Without access to the source code and writing a new multiplayer mode without GfWL this won't happen.
It does say MP may be added later from the website. Someone going to see what you said and post about it on their discord now. ZOOM discord is nothing but Yes, men. haha
"Introducing Zoom Lens™, our new 101% optional™ client, which will be necessary for online features!"

I find it quite natural.
It is forced when (at least until GOG enforced the rule not to advertise other stores) Zoom was shoehorned constantly in conversations by people working for Zoom. xD
Post edited January 24, 2023 by ConsulCaesar