It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So glad to see so many classic Star Wars and Star Trek games release this year but surprisingly it was System Shock: Enhanced Edition that I ended up liking the most. The game truly is a masterpiece and wins "Best Classic of 2015" hands down.
MaxFulvus: For me, it's Lula The Sexy Empire ! A huge surprise to see it here and a very entertaining game...
Oh yeah I forgot we got that one! :-P
I can't narrow it down to just one game. Silly people. =P

Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
System Shock
Toonstruck
Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb
Star Wars: Rebel Assault 2
Doom
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Morrowind <3
My favourite game :)
Fallout Classics
id Software shooters (DOOM, Quake and Wolfenstein)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

One of my favorite games ever!

EDIT: If anyone interested, it plays great with openMW on Linux too.
Post edited December 28, 2015 by vanchann
Eye of the beholder ( Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection One )
This bad boy introduced me to RPGs.
Morrowind
Doom
Star Wars KOTOR/2

Those are possible desert island picks to be sure. You could do a lot worse than those to have on your computer during a zombie apocalypse.
R8V9F5A2: I went through the whole freakin' post section page by page.
Pardinuz: Have you ever heard of MaGog
It would have made the task 1000 times easier. :P

Anyway, thanks for putting that list together. It's easy to forget how many epic classic releases we got on GOG this year.

.....for my sake I'm gonna pretend I did not understand your post....otherwise.

Seriously though, I deliberately made a whole list because, like you say, I often hear people complaining about why there are so few releases on GOG...this list should put things in perspective, that was my hope anyway.

Thanks for note, I'll update with Crusader Kings.
Bolch76: It's so hard to choose, but I think it's one I haven't seen on the list:

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

Yeah, the price is ridiculous, but still one on my favorite FPSs. The atmosphere, the level design, the joy of exploration, the many neat weapons, the awesome boss battles... It was a blast to complete it again.
Thanks mate, will update ! Cool pick, can't wait to play the game for myself.
Smannesman: I guess Revenant and the badly named and split up Forgotten Realms Archives.
Yes they were sold in one package so I kept things simple, perhaps I'm simply too lazy.
Post edited December 28, 2015 by R8V9F5A2
tinyE: I love the topic but if you asked my that two days ago I would have given you one answer.
The next day you wouldn't have gotten a different one.
Today, a different one. :P

A lot of those, it's not so much the games, as the fact that they are here period. Just not having to deal with all the bullshit of installing those Star Wars games from my discs would immediately put them at the top of the list.

EDIT: Case in point. Since I posted this I've gone from FEAR to Grid and back to FEAR.

No, Grid. Wait....
Cool, FEARis one of my favourite shooters, I love the feeling of the guns in that game. Its something I haven't come across in that many FPS games. And then there's the atmosphere of the game.
tinyE: I love the topic but if you asked my that two days ago I would have given you one answer.
The next day you wouldn't have gotten a different one.
Today, a different one. :P
HereForTheBeer: Haha - yes, this. Really jazzed to see so many great releases come here this year (and 2014 was no slouch, either), whether or not I actually buy and play any of them.

gOg classic releases of the year... hard to say. As tinyE points out, just that they're here at all is really fantastic. And do I pick from only those I've played in the past, or include those that I'm just generally glad they made it here? Maybe a little of both:

Gold Box games. I mean, really. The friggin' GOLD BOX games! Awesome. These were a big gorram deal when they were new: D&D on the PC. And they were / are fun. Really looking forward to revisiting some of the titles.

Elder Scrolls, in part because Bethesda got here, and in part because Morrowind (the only one I've played) really is a great game.

Wolfenstein 3D, because it's the one that really started the ball rolling with respect to FPS games. Granted, if it weren't this title then someone else would have come along to create the genre eventually, but this one brought the genre to widespread attention and it was / is FUN!

The return of the Fallout games. Because Fallout. Big thank you to those who made this happen.

System Shock, because now I can play it (eventually) before playing System Shock 2. Made the decision, when I purchased SS2 upon its release here, that I would not install it until the first one came along. And now it's here. Still haven't played either one but that's not the point. ; )

Honorable Mention to the X games. For starters, because a game with the name of "X" is not easy to search for on the internet! Haha - but now I don't have to. From my little bit of playtime (bought on Amazon a few years back), it's an enormous sandbox that could keep one occupied for a very long time. I'll revisit once I replace the joystick.

Another Honorable Mention goes to the Falcon flight sim games. For one, this place could use more vehicle sims. More importantly, Falcon is the possibly the most faithful recreation of a fighter jet one can find. Maybe the most faithful recreation of ANY vehicle. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the series that single-handedly put Thrustmaster into prominence.
Yeah, this was a year of big surprises.
The appearance of Bethesda and Lucas Arts was a big wow-moment for me as well, especially Bethesda.
I expected the Fallout games to return to GOG one day, but I never saw an Elder Scrolls game coming.
The arrival of the X-series and the D&D series were two other big moments.
It really shows that GOG is gaining more and more credibility with publishers.

InfraSuperman: Hold on:
R8V9F5A2: [...]
Flight of the Amazon Queen
[...[
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
[...]
InfraSuperman: Those two have been on GOG since 2009 (DN: MP) and 2013 (FOTAQ)...
Did they slip into that list by mistake?
Oops my bad, will be corrected, thanks mate.
Post edited December 28, 2015 by R8V9F5A2
CharlesGrey: Quite an impressive list, for a single year. And here people dare complain that GOG doesn't release "good old games" any more.

Anyhow, my favorite "old-school" game of this year might actually be Underrail. Yeah, yeah... I know. But if one didn't know the release year, it would be easy to mistake it for a re-released classic. Besides, I hear it's actually been in development since back in 2008, so I guess that does make it old... ish.
I wanted to give people a visual impression of just how many games GOG has actually released this year.
I could have just made a file for people to glance at, but it would have the same dramatic effect.

Oh man, Underrail is one of my favourite games this year.
I'm very disappointed that so much of gaming media has not covered the game. It deserves more attention.
Although the same could be argued for other indie games, like Age of Decadence and Legends of Eisenwald.
R8V9F5A2: Yes they were sold in one package so I kept things simple, perhaps I'm simply too lazy.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, GOG has named them that way.
Which when combined with the search engine means you can't find any of the games included in those collections.
Also my answer was done with the mindset of classic games that weren't already readily available elsewhere.
Otherwise I'd probably have gone for Morrowind and all the Star Wars games.
The LEGO games were also a nice release, not classic as such but still nice.
Thing is, I tried FEAR when I got it four months ago and didn't like it. I think because I tried to play it like a classic shooter. This thing AIN'T DOOM and if you go into it like that it's just not going to work.
Post edited December 28, 2015 by tinyE
The Moment of Silence interests me the most because when I saw it on the front page and read about it, I was like, "How have I never heard of this game before?" Seems like a fascinating game.
F.E.A.R, a superb videogame