It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready, as our Winter Sale brings in yet another giveaway!

This time you can get nothing else, but part of the legendary Worms series – Worms Revolution Gold Edition! Be quick to claim your copy though; the giveaway lasts only until December 30th, 2 PM UTC!

We all know this absolutely ICONIC 2D artillery turn-based video game series, with funny little worms as main characters. Worms Revolution is yet another entry on the classic title; it introduced several new features and beautiful 3D graphics, all while retaining the well-known 2D gameplay. Inclusion of dynamic water, physics objects, worm classes – it’s all here! You can also customise your experience by choosing what classes you play with, what they look like, and even how they speak!
The number goes up in some places but not other places. It's actually impressive that GOG can implement things so badly that it's even possible to come up with two different numbers.
Already owned, but still wanna say THX to GOG and Team 17 for your generosity during this Winter Sale. :)
Also @Team17 Please consider updating your games once in a while.
Fonzer: Thanks for the gift but as i noticed the number in games didn't go up in my library so maybe something dissapeared but i don't know what that could be.
Or maybe it just didn't count the new gift game even though i have it in my library.
Vinry_.: It just didn't count the newer games added to your library, since the number of games in my library has also been stuck at a certain number.
Oh really my collection in my library was the one stuck at 512 the my games under my profie tab is stuck at 502 games
Actually just added the feast to test this and my number went up to 513 this time so no idea if i am misremembering or the number really didn't go up when i added the worms game here meaning something might have dissapeared.
Post edited December 28, 2022 by Fonzer
Thanks for the game.
Does this version have at least LAN play?
PookaMustard: Thanks for the game.
Does this version have at least LAN play?
Not as far as I remember.
aerodeon: I am clicking on the banner just above Deal of the Day. I click on Add to my library.
Well if you really click on the green button (and not on the banner surrounding it), that should do the trick.

However, I noticed in your screenshots that you're using Galaxy...and that thing isn't exactly free from flaws.
Have you tried to start Galaxy anew?

From reading some other threads/comments here in the forum, I assume, that restarting (usually) resolves such issues.
I don't use Galaxy myself, so I can't really give you any better advice on that. Sorry and good luck!
Fonzer: Thanks for the gift but as i noticed the number in games didn't go up in my library so maybe something dissapeared but i don't know what that could be.
Or maybe it just didn't count the new gift game even though i have it in my library.
Are you sure you didn't already own the game prior to this giveaway?
Because that would be a possible explanation as to why the number doesn't change.
Just an idea.

For me (I didn't own this game before), the number went up by one. Just like it should.
Post edited December 28, 2022 by BreOl72
aerodeon: I am clicking on the banner just above Deal of the Day. I click on Add to my library.
BreOl72: Well if you really click on the green button (and not on the banner surrounding it), that should do the trick.

However, I noticed in your screenshots that you're using Galaxy...and that thing isn't exactly free from flaws.
Have you tried to start Galaxy anew?

From reading some other threads/comments here in the forum, I assume, that restarting (usually) resolves such issues.
I don't use Galaxy myself, so I can't really give you any better advice on that. Sorry and good luck!
BreOl72: Are you sure you didn't already own the game prior to this giveaway?
Because that would be a possible explanation as to why the number doesn't change.
Just an idea.

For me (I didn't own this game before), the number went up by one. Just like it should.
I didn't own this particular worms game and i think the number still didn't go up.
But like i said i might be misremembering but i did think that i had 512 games and i still had 512 games after adding the worms game. But then i added the feast and the number went up to 513.
So it could be that something was changed in my collection.
Lodium: l still remember the days only local multiplayer existed
back in the arcade days there was no such thing called drm free multiplayer over internet or over lan
you had to show up physacally in person and be in the same room as the other person to ba able to play against another human player simiultanusly

Quite restrictive versus the idea what drm free shoud be
DRM-free is better viewed as a matter of purity/quality than a spectrum. Viewed by my standard, "restrictive" definition is not really a coherent idea, as something is either partly/wholly DRMed or wholly DRM-free. The example I usually use, admittedly a bit gross, is that if someone is served soup/sandwich with a hair in it, it can no longer be said that the food is "hair-free." To say it is "mostly hair-free" or "you can eat around the crust" or "that's just how chefs design their soups now, if you get on your knees and beg maybe they'll remove the hair in a few days after the soup has gotten cold" is all nonsense.

That said, I didn't necessarily mean to imply local is the only form of DRM-free multiplayer (though if pressed, I would say it really is the truest form).

I think something like play-by-email is better than connecting to a game server but LAN (without restrictions such as each player needing to own a copy, etc) is better than play-by-email, and same screen is better than LAN. I am a bit confused by the rest of your comment (not quoted) as it seems you are sympathetic to some people missing out (e.g. in the early days, not everyone had internet and it seems you claim play-by-email wasn't really in the spirit of DRM-free multiplayer as a result) when it seems to me having multiplayer locally on the same screen would on the whole give more people access. But I've said my piece and will leave it at that.
I'm afraid the worms might get into my brain.
Themken: I'm afraid the worms might get into my brain.
Braaaaaiiiiiins....
Fonzer: But like i said i might be misremembering but i did think that i had 512 games and i still had 512 games after adding the worms game. But then i added the feast and the number went up to 513.
Well I might (?) have a small advantage here, since whenever I add a game to my account (free ot bought), I immediately:

1) download the files, and
2) add the game to a spreadsheet, where I list all my GOG games.

That way, I always know exactly how many games I have (and of course, how many games my account should show).
Both numbers are still the same after I added Worms Revolution to my spreadsheet, so - all is fine.

I really can't recommend keeping such a spreadsheet highly enough.
No second-guessing, no doubts...
Lodium: l still remember the days only local multiplayer existed
back in the arcade days there was no such thing called drm free multiplayer over internet or over lan
you had to show up physacally in person and be in the same room as the other person to ba able to play against another human player simiultanusly

Quite restrictive versus the idea what drm free shoud be
rjbuffchix: DRM-free is better viewed as a matter of purity/quality than a spectrum. Viewed by my standard, "restrictive" definition is not really a coherent idea, as something is either partly/wholly DRMed or wholly DRM-free. The example I usually use, admittedly a bit gross, is that if someone is served soup/sandwich with a hair in it, it can no longer be said that the food is "hair-free." To say it is "mostly hair-free" or "you can eat around the crust" or "that's just how chefs design their soups now, if you get on your knees and beg maybe they'll remove the hair in a few days after the soup has gotten cold" is all nonsense.

That said, I didn't necessarily mean to imply local is the only form of DRM-free multiplayer (though if pressed, I would say it really is the truest form).

I think something like play-by-email is better than connecting to a game server but LAN (without restrictions such as each player needing to own a copy, etc) is better than play-by-email, and same screen is better than LAN. I am a bit confused by the rest of your comment (not quoted) as it seems you are sympathetic to some people missing out (e.g. in the early days, not everyone had internet and it seems you claim play-by-email wasn't really in the spirit of DRM-free multiplayer as a result) when it seems to me having multiplayer locally on the same screen would on the whole give more people access. But I've said my piece and will leave it at that.
The point of my post was to point out its quite ridiculus calling the early years in videogaming history with lan drm free
or like you did having rose tinted glasses looking back on an area thats gone past
The arcade cabinets back then was owned by companies so not even single player games was owned by people
since you had to put a coin into the machine to able to play it

Only once Pong machines and atari games starting getting sold to priviate people instead of the games being controlled by the companies you coud see the resemblence of drm free multiplayer
and even that was quite restrictive the way most people think of Drm free multiplayer when using the term drm free multiplayer

What most people mean is beeing able to play lan connetcted games remotly not needing to be in the same room as other players and not the game mode contolled by the gamecompanies or corparations

Remember
the complaint was about the content beiing gated by a client was the argument

one can also argue that the early examples Play by mail was kinda also controlled to a degree since you had to pay large bils to the companies that operated the dial up modem lines.
Gaming online was not cheap during the early years of the internet

So my post is asking the question
when in the timefrime do you think the content was drm free?
back in the days the content was gated when the internet service costed an arm and a leg or later when the content was less gated and it didnt cost a fortune connetcting to other people ?
Post edited December 28, 2022 by Lodium
Fonzer: But like i said i might be misremembering but i did think that i had 512 games and i still had 512 games after adding the worms game. But then i added the feast and the number went up to 513.
BreOl72: Well I might (?) have a small advantage here, since whenever I add a game to my account (free ot bought), I immediately:

1) download the files, and
2) add the game to a spreadsheet, where I list all my GOG games.

That way, I always know exactly how many games I have (and of course, how many games my account should show).
Both numbers are still the same after I added Worms Revolution to my spreadsheet, so - all is fine.

I really can't recommend keeping such a spreadsheet highly enough.
No second-guessing, no doubts...
I did use the txt file copied all of my games from the profile. But now profile shows 0 games so i didn't add the new ones.
Edit: also it was the hard west 2 dlc only that got removed from library so that was it.
Post edited December 28, 2022 by Fonzer
Lodium: The point of my post was to point out its quite ridiculus calling the early years in videogaming history with lan drm free
or like you did having rose tinted glasses looking back on an area thats gone past
The arcade cabinets back then was owned by companies so not even single player games was owned by people
since you had to put a coin into the machine to able to play it

Only once Pong machines and atari games starting getting sold to priviate people instead of the games being controlled by the companies you coud see the resemblence of drm free multiplayer
and even that was quite restrictive the way most people think of Drm free multiplayer when using the term drm free multiplayer

What most people mean is beeing able to play lan connetcted games remotly not needing to be in the same room as other players and not the game mode contolled by the gamecompanies or corparations

Remember
the complaint was about the content beiing gated by a client was the argument

one can also argue that the early examples Play by mail was kinda also controlled to a degree since you had to pay large bils to the companies that operated the dial up modem lines.
Gaming online was not cheap during the early years of the internet
Oh, I remember you now. You're the guy who criticized LAN when I suggested it in a different topic :) I'm not sure exactly where you're coming from. Gaming as a whole was a niche in the past and in many ways more expensive...so I'm not sure why you single out LAN in particular. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've read anecdotes about a certain game wreckin people's computers such that they had to buy a brand new computer, which certainly wasn't cheap. There are cost barriers in the present day too...not everyone can afford internet or electricity even now and this will only get worse with more overpopulation and inflation. In the present day, LAN and DRM-free multiplayer is not too much to ask for those who are fortunate enough to be part of the gaming hobby.

It's okay to be against the cost barriers as well as against the DRM barriers. Due to macro-level conditions, I don't think there is much that can be done about the cost barriers...for instance, if a customer cannot afford internet, I'm sure GOG would love it to change so the customer could afford it and shop here, but there is nothing GOG could really do about the cost barrier of that hypothetical person. By contrast, DRMed multiplayer is an active choice made by gaming companies and GOG could choose to exclude it from the store. I don't know where exactly the line should be drawn but it should be much more narrowly defined than at present, considering many games here have multiplayer unnecessarily locked behind the Galaxy client requirement.