It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If you can’t imagine this summer without the thrills only a rush of endorphins can give, check out our Sports Game Collection! It’s a great way to check out classic titles that entertained different sports disciplines fans for decades!

If you prefer grass over sandy beaches, check out classic gems like:

Golazo! Football League (-80%) – a game freshly released on GOG.COM!
Sensible World of Soccer 96/97 (-75%)
MicroProse Soccer (-33%)

If you feel like sweating after a more… savage match, these titles are for you:
Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition (-60%)
Speedball 2 HD (-66%)

For all the fans of less brutal, yet highly challenging sports, we have a surprise. Three classic golf games are now available on GOG.COM to bring you fun again:

Links: The Challenge of Golf (-33%)
Links 386 Pro (-33%)
Links LS: 1998 Edition (-33%)

Browse through our Sports Game Collection for more fun titles before the Summer Sale on GOG.COM ends on 28th June 2021, at 1 PM UTC.
Great releases, Access games were sweet, and I expect their other games coming here as well (I'm looking for Countdown, Crime Wave and Amazon: Guardians of Eden).

Links: The Challenge of Golf and Links 386 had so many courses released as add-ons, but unfortunately both games seem to be barebones here. (EDIT: now looking at the screenshots, maybe I'm wrong and the games have extra courses. I would gladly appreciate if anyone could confirm it).
Post edited June 21, 2021 by Glaucos
I still have my Links98 cd and box. I'm going to have to give this purchase serious consideration.

I think I see what they've done here. There is an apparent planned release date for Links E6 tomorrow, d.v. This is probably to show people what Links was all about.
Post edited June 21, 2021 by musteriuz
Glaucos: Great releases, Access games were sweet, and I expect their other games coming here as well (I'm looking for Countdown, Crime Wave and Amazon: Guardians of Eden).

Links: The Challenge of Golf and Links 386 had so many courses released as add-ons, but unfortunately both games seem to be barebones here. (EDIT: now looking at the screenshots, maybe I'm wrong and the games have extra courses. I would gladly appreciate if anyone could confirm it).
Yeah i would love to be wrong about the number of courses here. links ls 1998 only has the original 4 it came with. the option is there to import courses.
Post edited June 21, 2021 by JLH
PaterAlf: Has anybody played the golf games and can tell me which one is the best?
JLH: links ls 1998 edition. it's the newest of the three, has the most courses, and the u.i. is less of a headache to look at.
Judging from the screenshots and the descriptions Links LS 1998 here on GOG has only the four basic courses the game came with (missing the many great addon courses) but Links 386 seems to have quite a lot more (on one screenshot you can count at least eight courses). Thankfully the 1998 addon courses can be downloaded easily from the web archive.

The import feature is great, but many of the courses have graphical elements which are in a much lower resolution if imported from 386. At least that's my experience. I'd go with the CD-images from the web archive.
Post edited June 21, 2021 by Wolfram_von_Thal
I never had Links LS 98, but I was looking at this CD cover (https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/links-ls-1998-edition/cover-art/gameCoverId,82107/) and now I'm thinking: is it possible to convert the courses from the old Links games sold here at GOG to play them at Links LS 98?
Post edited June 21, 2021 by Glaucos
Dogmaus: Some classic Fritz (6,8) and Chessmaster...
Mr.Mumbles: Well, GOG did carry Chessmaster 9000 a long time ago that's still sitting in my library. Ubisoft's license must have run out though.
I know, sadly I don't own it - I think it was removed even before I made this account. It seems to me that the IP owners of both Chessmaster and Fritz only want to sell the new titles with DRM and don't care to sell the older ones - but don't make them free either. They don't want people to play them at all.
Links 386 Pro | Gaming Lore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Baxz_lisAGI
Mr.Mumbles: Well, GOG did carry Chessmaster 9000 a long time ago that's still sitting in my library. Ubisoft's license must have run out though.
Dogmaus: I know, sadly I don't own it - I think it was removed even before I made this account. It seems to me that the IP owners of both Chessmaster and Fritz only want to sell the new titles with DRM and don't care to sell the older ones - but don't make them free either. They don't want people to play them at all.
The last version of Chessmaster is version 11, If I am not mistaken: "Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition" and the label rights are in hands of Ubi Soft, at least they published the games until version 10 and 11. Now the series are either stalled or abandoned.

New Fritz games versions are sold in their site Chessbase along with other engines and their star product, the database Chessbase, plus video books etc... except some lite Frtz versions sold in Steam
Post edited June 21, 2021 by Gudadantza
OMG LINKS!!!

I've been checking this site daily for years in the desperate hope that you'd bring Links back! THANK YOU!
Post edited June 21, 2021 by Mooza1976
high rated
Glaucos: Great releases, Access games were sweet, and I expect their other games coming here as well (I'm looking for Countdown, Crime Wave and Amazon: Guardians of Eden).

I just bought all three Links games.

Links: 9 courses
Links 386: 18 courses
Links 98: 4 courses

Mooza1976: I just bought all three Links games.

Thanks. I was hoping that was the case seeing the shots as I was going to ask too.

I had way way back in the day Links 386 for DOS and some of those courses, amazing game as another said like WORMs but passive. I do have the original, came on this 20 years old PC Gamer magazine disc (usually demos) that oddly was 12 full games on one CD and that's on there. It felt kind of wrong, now that I see the 386 listing that's why. I imagine I'd just buy 386 eventually, unless the courses import as advertised (in 98) well to that version.

tanukisuit: Thanks. I was hoping that was the case seeing the shots as I was going to ask too.

I had way way back in the day Links 386 for DOS and some of those courses, amazing game as another said like WORMs but passive. I do have the original, came on this 20 years old PC Gamer magazine disc (usually demos) that oddly was 12 full games on one CD and that's on there. It felt kind of wrong, now that I see the 386 listing that's why. I imagine I'd just buy 386 eventually, unless the courses import as advertised (in 98) well to that version.
:D

That's exacltly the version I own, from the PC Gamer Spanish version magazine. The CD is still functional. It was an amazing CD indeed, 12 full real classics. It was a blast for the time and wasn't too common offer so good collection of classics for free in one CD.

July 2000 PC GAMER

-Road & Track Presents: The Need for Speed
-Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss
-Ultima I: The First Age of Darkness
-The Secret of Monkey Island
-Links: The Challenge of Golf
-X-COM: UFO Defense
-Wing Commander
-Alone In The Dark
-Terminal Velocity
-Duke Nukem II
-Descent

Not bad at all.
Oh, and I have a doubt.

In the GOG Game Card, Links LS 1998 version is marked as a DOS Game, at least it says it runs under Dosbox. But the info I have is that the last MSDOS version was the 1997 edition, and assuming that it is the game that lets you choose obscene resolutions for the era even not available in some monitors today I wonder if it is not an errata from the deelopers or GOG.

Is it really a DOSBOX game?

awesome! thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info!