It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If you can’t imagine this summer without the thrills only a rush of endorphins can give, check out our Sports Game Collection! It’s a great way to check out classic titles that entertained different sports disciplines fans for decades!

If you prefer grass over sandy beaches, check out classic gems like:

Golazo! Football League (-80%) – a game freshly released on GOG.COM!
Sensible World of Soccer 96/97 (-75%)
MicroProse Soccer (-33%)

If you feel like sweating after a more… savage match, these titles are for you:
Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition (-60%)
Speedball 2 HD (-66%)

For all the fans of less brutal, yet highly challenging sports, we have a surprise. Three classic golf games are now available on GOG.COM to bring you fun again:

Links: The Challenge of Golf (-33%)
Links 386 Pro (-33%)
Links LS: 1998 Edition (-33%)

Browse through our Sports Game Collection for more fun titles before the Summer Sale on GOG.COM ends on 28th June 2021, at 1 PM UTC.
Zarax999: Hey GOG Team, is there any hope we will see the PC Futbol (along with PC Calcio and PC Premier) series?
I really doubt that such kind of games will ever be re-released anywhere, negligible audience interest combined with lots of licenses to deal with seems like a terrible recipe for profit.
Cool. Links games. Some days ago I added my magazine/original copy of Links the Challenge of Golf to Galaxy.

Can anybody explain the evolutionary differences of the other couple of games? Are they redundant in any way? Any interest in playing the first two games over the 1998 edition?

Because The Challengeof Golf was an excepcional game in its own right.

Greetings
This would be a great time to ask again for Sid Meier's SimGolf -- a collaboration between Firaxis and Maxis. It was good fun, too.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/sid_meiers_simgolf
Post edited June 21, 2021 by mqstout
Someone was listening to the guys who wanted more sports games on GOG.
GOG, if you were a pretty girl I would carry your handbag for you.

You brought some Links games to me ... a big chunk of my childhood gaming. This made my day.
timppu: The Links games!

I am not a big fan of golf (I've played real-life golf a few times and found it utterly boring, minigolf is better) and only played a couple of golf games on Amiga 500 a long long time ago...

...but the PC Links games always intrigued me, I wanted to try them out, but never got to.

So yeah, definitely going to buy them from GOG! GOG fulfilled my wish I had even forgotten existed. I will probably find the games utterly boring, but who cares! I don't!
They are not boring if you consider them like "The Pacifist's Worms Games" :D

No seriously. They are very fun and addictive games with a lot of replayability. I am relatively more interested in Golf videogames than Golf itself.
Gudadantza: They are not boring if you consider them like "The Pacifist's Worms Games" :D

No seriously. They are very fun and addictive games with a lot of replayability. I am relatively more interested in Golf videogames than Golf itself.
Good way to put it. I am not a "sports" person, but plenty of video game mechanisms work well when viewed through a sports lens, and golf games are one of them. There were some holes in Links 386 I could get hole-in-ones on way back in the day. It felt good to know I could select things right.
Post edited June 21, 2021 by mqstout
i've been hurting for some golf games here. neo turf masters is a blast but i remember these old links games. they were great. i'm going to pick up links ls 1998 for sure.

I wish we could get the old tiger woods games (any from 2004-2007 are my favorites) but i imagine licensing is a nightmare.
Has anybody played the golf games and can tell me which one is the best?
But where's hockey and basketball though? :D
GOG.com: For all the fans of less brutal, yet highly challenging sports, we have a surprise. Three classic golf games are now available on GOG.COM to bring you fun again:

Links: The Challenge of Golf (-33%)
Links 386 Pro (-33%)
Links LS: 1998 Edition (-33%)
It's great to see really old games not brought by someone else (I love Ziggurat brings all their games here, but I'd love to see GOG doing something similar to bringing here Blade Runner), but I realley hoped that new entyr for Access Software Inc means we'll get Amazon Guardians of Eden, Countdown or maybe even Crime Wave.
XYCat: But where's hockey and basketball though? :D
Well, It's not NBA2020, but...
https://www.gog.com/game/fast_break
PaterAlf: Has anybody played the golf games and can tell me which one is the best?
links ls 1998 edition. it's the newest of the three, has the most courses, and the u.i. is less of a headache to look at.
Ok, so now can we have some DECENT chess game? Some classic Fritz (6,8) and Chessmaster...
Dogmaus: Some classic Fritz (6,8) and Chessmaster...
Well, GOG did carry Chessmaster 9000 a long time ago that's still sitting in my library. Ubisoft's license must have run out though.