It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gogamess: Hint: The first man is José Sacristán ^_^
Correct.

Some more Hints:

The film centers on a real life assassination plot.

You can hear the film's theme in Adam Curtis's Power of Nightmares (link).
Attachments:
4.jpg (124 Kb)
5.jpg (98 Kb)
6.jpg (185 Kb)
Post edited November 24, 2018 by xSinghx
xSinghx: Hints:

Italian Neo-realist filmmaker
Joined the Communist party to help organize anti-fascists.
Made only 5 non-documentary features which were released from the late 50s to late 70s.
Adam Curtis uses the theme of this movie in one of his documentaries.
I was bored and saw that this thread had stalled, so I did some minimal research based on your hints and it sounds like this movie is Ogro, aka Operación Ogro (1979) by Gillo Pontecorvo.

EDIT: And this trailer including the screenshots confirms it, so I'll just go ahead and post the next one, if that's alright. So here goes.

HINT: Sadly, this movie is not that well known, but the actor is easily recognizable. Also, it's from the 90's and there are many movies with the same title as this one, especially B movies.
Attachments:
Post edited November 28, 2018 by Leroux
Leroux: HINT: Sadly, this movie is not that well known, but the actor is easily recognizable. Also, it's from the 90's and there are many movies with the same title as this one, especially B movies.
Is that Jean Rochefort ?

(meaning that the movie is obligatorily awesome ?)
Telika: Is that Jean Rochefort ?

(meaning that the movie is obligatorily awesome ?)
Yes, to both. :)
Leroux: I was bored and saw that this thread had stalled, so I did some minimal research based on your hints and it sounds like this movie is Ogro, aka Operación Ogro (1979) by Gillo Pontecorvo.
Correct!

Very under appreciated filmmaker.
Not sure if this thread is just unpopular or if the movies are too obscure, although it's not really hard to find out which movie we're currently looking for, given the clues that are already out there. To sum it up:

- European movie from the 90's, not that well known, but the main actor (image one) is easily recognizable.
- Telika already identified him as Jean Rochefort.
- There are many movies with the same title as this one, especially B movies.
- The file names of the images I post usually contain clues, too.
- You don't have to know this movie, you are allowed to do some research, like googling the clues, just don't google the images.
Attachments:
bound.jpg (51 Kb)
Post edited December 05, 2018 by Leroux
Yeah, I fear this thread is dead .... R.I.P. :'-(
Leroux: Yeah, I fear this thread is dead .... R.I.P. :'-(
Given I just did one recently I didn't want to answer. It's Barracuda.

Probably the last two have been too obscure though. These releases have never been on dvd in the US.

Here's an easy one to get things rolling again:

Hint:

One of the best black comedies of the early 2000s.
Attachments:
1.jpg (80 Kb)
Post edited December 10, 2018 by xSinghx
xSinghx: Probably the last two have been two obscure though. These releases have never been on dvd in the US.
Yeah, but I think it's more than that because they were pretty easy to google, but there wasn't even a discussion about it, noone even saying "it's too hard" or "give me clues" etc. Just a general disinterest in participating, I guess. Or maybe everyone was afraid that if they posted the solution they'd have to take over and wait two weeks for any answer as well. :D
xSinghx: Probably the last two have been two obscure though. These releases have never been on dvd in the US.
Leroux: Yeah, but I think it's more than that because they were pretty easy to google, but there wasn't even a discussion about it, noone even saying "it's too hard" or "give me clues" etc. Just a general disinterest in participating, I guess. Or maybe everyone was afraid that if they posted the solution they'd have to take over and wait two weeks for any answer as well. :D
Yeah, I don't know, personally I've wanted the answers to be a bit more recognizable without the research needed - though in the past I've felt people have wanted a challenge as well.
xSinghx: Here's an easy one to get things rolling again:

Hint:

I really wanna say that is "Death to Smoochy", but I could be very wrong.
Leroux: Yeah, but I think it's more than that because they were pretty easy to google, but there wasn't even a discussion about it, noone even saying "it's too hard" or "give me clues" etc. Just a general disinterest in participating, I guess. Or maybe everyone was afraid that if they posted the solution they'd have to take over and wait two weeks for any answer as well. :D
xSinghx: Yeah, I don't know, personally I've wanted the answers to be a bit more recognizable without the research needed - though in the past I've felt people have wanted a challenge as well.
We all have different approaches to that game.

Some see it as google-on-hint-for-unknown-movie.

Some see it as challenge-knowledge-of-obscure-movies.

Some see it as recognize-completely-forgotten-scene-from-familiar-film.

It cycles between those. Losing and gaining players cyclically.
xSinghx: Here's an easy one to get things rolling again:

Hint:

ZinkShecoat: I really wanna say that is "Death to Smoochy", but I could be very wrong.
Correct! Your turn.
Telika: We all have different approaches to that game.

Some see it as google-on-hint-for-unknown-movie.

Some see it as challenge-knowledge-of-obscure-movies.

Some see it as recognize-completely-forgotten-scene-from-familiar-film.

It cycles between those. Losing and gaining players cyclically.
My approach and understanding was all of the above: If you don't recognize it at once and noone else does either, try to deduct what it could be with the help of the hints, so the show can go on.

I see it as a bit of a problem if the asker and the participants have different views on the rules, without really talking about it, so that it only leads to long silences. Maybe it isn't a problem for others and I'm just too impatient, but I don't see much fun in playing online games where each turn takes a fortnight or so. That would have been possible with the good old Play-by-mail as well. :D
xSinghx: Correct! Your turn.
Yeah, I liked it, was my introduction to Edward Norton.

Anyway...

Penned by David Webb Peoples, this film is said to have been in it's conceptual stages since the mid 70s, until finally being made in the early 90s.
Attachments:
1.jpg (77 Kb)