It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Goosebumps just finished "Night of the Living Dummy III" and started on "Say Cheese & Die - Again" Haven't read them since I was a kid kinda nice to go back and re-read, see how they hold up.
JDelekto: I don't become the books I read, or maybe I do and just don't know it.
tinyE: Oh I didn't mean it that way, sorry. XD I read Troopers and loved it because it is a well written book and it is a very interesting perspective on a very ugly time in this countrie's history. In fact, I wholeheartedly recommend anyone studying the 60s to read it because you can't have an informed opinion without taking in all sides of the issue.
I still thinks its the best piece of military science fiction ever written. The detail and understanding of military minutiae and culture definitely speaks to his time in the Navy.

Total right wing nut tho.
Working my way very, very slowly through Fahrenheit 451 and The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman. Both super good books, but I'm not a fast reader by any means.
Wayne of Gotham. Pretty good Batman novel about the backstory of his parents and some of his heritage. It is written in a detective book style and at times it has quite engaging atmosphere.
tinyE: Oh I didn't mean it that way, sorry. XD I read Troopers and loved it because it is a well written book and it is a very interesting perspective on a very ugly time in this countrie's history. In fact, I wholeheartedly recommend anyone studying the 60s to read it because you can't have an informed opinion without taking in all sides of the issue.
ScotchMonkey: Total right wing nut tho.
I don't mind calling him that because his most beloved friends called him that. :P
ScotchMonkey: Total right wing nut tho.
tinyE: I don't mind calling him that because his most beloved friends called him that. :P
Philip K. Dick wrote about how he was everything wrong with the country but that he had a great heart and was essentially a good person. Hell of a writer.

Also still reading Harlan Ellison's "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream".
thejimz: Working my way very, very slowly through Fahrenheit 451
Great book. I had started reading it when I was 14, then I had my bag stolen (with my copy) at the Sydney Airport. I didn't get a new copy until I was 23.
Post edited July 16, 2015 by ScotchMonkey
ScotchMonkey: Great book. I had started reading it when I was 14, then I had my bag stolen (with my copy) at the Sydney Airport. I didn't get a new copy until I was 23.
Wow. I've had it on my to-read list for years, but I've been lazy. It definitely seems like it deserves its reputation so far, though.
ScotchMonkey: Great book. I had started reading it when I was 14, then I had my bag stolen (with my copy) at the Sydney Airport. I didn't get a new copy until I was 23.
thejimz: Wow. I've had it on my to-read list for years, but I've been lazy. It definitely seems like it deserves its reputation so far, though.
The movie aint too bad either.

Also just picked up a book on Dali Lama Quotes.
The Full Catastrophe: Travels Among the New Greek Ruins

http://www.amazon.com/The-Full-Catastrophe-Travels-Among/dp/0385346484

Finally got this, had to change my home address to the US to be able to purchase it, its not available here :(
Nothing. Just finished "The Guns at Last Light" by Rick Atkinson.

Been trying to find at the used book store some authors recommended to me in this thread and by some friends, but have had no luck yet. Guess I'll poke through the unread library here at the house.
Done with starship troopers.. just got started on the Shattered Seas series - Half a king.
Finished Houellebecq's Extension du domaine de la lutte.

Somehow, for such a short read, the resignation and despair are quite condensed. It's raw in a way I don't find his later books to be. Less misanthropic humor, less intellectual structure here. More humanity perhaps, but alienating and hard to reach... it actually surprised me, though being his first novel I guess the differences make sense. I think the last third saves the whole, or maybe my French is too rusty to enjoy the prose. Anyway, usually his works amuse me and get me thinking. This one managed to be somewhat unpleasant, yet I think that was its point...

Anyone read this? It's fairly old.
Finished reading A Song of Ice and Fire - A Storm of Swords yesterday, started The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy today. So far, I like it more than the movie :O
Collapse by Jared Diamond. Fascinating subject matter
Sevenneves by Neal Stephenson, End of days scenarion its pretty good so far.