It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
bmihoric: Currency choice doesn't work for me. Can only choose USD, and I'm in EURO country.
JudasIscariot: Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies :)
Tried it twice, the second time setting Firefox to keep no history at all, clean everything, and restart it. It didn't work. When I click the 'dropdown' in bottom right corner, only USD is there. Found no other option in Settings, either.
Someone overlooked 'all games' in the https://www.gog.com/account/movies search box.

Streaming might be more convenient if I didn't have to check the catalogue page for a film to find out the running time, but go to my shelf to access the streaming page. (That may be a side effect of being invited to buy things I own already, rather than being offered a download/shelf link from the catalogue page as usual.)

Also, I think someone mentioned this yesterday, but just in case: e-mail address changing under https://www.gog.com/account/settings is currently disabled.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by VanishedOne
Issues:

1) Main page is just like a wall of detail now, with everything shouting at you at the same volume. No differentiation. Very unfriendly to users.

2) Very little distinction in displays between games you own and games you might want to buy -- just slight greying. Is this intentionally misleading?

3) No option to add to wishlist.

4) No prices displayed in wishlist.

5) In purchase lists, say in the current Last Chance sale, no identificaion of games tht are already in your cart.

6) Search only shows four items, then what seems to be a clickable link to show all items returned by the search. Click all you like, it never displays the other items found. (For me, anyway. Firefox 31 on Windows 7.)

7) The localised currency appears to use a loaded exhange rate, since it's not equivalent to the USD price quoted on today's exchange rates.

8) One's account doesn't remember a currency choice for the next browser session.

9) The currency option needs to be more prominently and readily located, especially if it's potentially going to be needed every time a GOG page is opened.

10) There doesn't appear to be any acknowledgement you're logged in any more, not an option to stay logged in on a specific PC.

11) Many of the games show the number of votes, but the rating is just blank stars; broken, or incomplete so far in the database? (I'm ambivalent about this anyway; I do want to know the game's not crap, but don't consider buying it just 'coz a lot of other people already have.)

12) Why are games being discontinued, when there are hundreds of titles on the Community Wishlist that haven't been responded to? (Where's Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdoms?!) But THANK YOU for letting people know these titles are being winnowed out, and giving us a chance to buy them before they're gone.

I suspect there are more, but they're what I've spotted most immediately. No doubt most of them will get sorted out in the next short while. (I certainly hope they ill!)

But GOG, I really don't mean to be rude, but to my mind the front page design just doesn't work. It's unfriendly, there's no distinct sense of which bit to look at, and too many previously-familiar bits of information are missing. My own opinion is that it's neither fresher nor better.
did they forgot the "owned"-option? games in the catalog are no longer flagged as such.. please add this "feature" to the new grey gog website.
I agree that the front page is poorly done; still, they've at least listened to the people calling for the 'On sale' list to return.
Not so fresh. Kinda dull. Depressive like weeks of dreary rain-fog.

The cluttering up of the main page is reminiscent of those cheesball sites i ignore. i've noticed a trending away from humble. i value the humble.
Nicole28: One plus point, is that the site seems to load faster overall and doesn't lag at certain jumps, like it used to.
For me it's the opposite. It seems slower to me, and I feel I'm clicking more to see what I want to see. I also tried the site on my phone this morning, which I do every weekday morning, and the experience was worse than before.
Vitek: Is it possible to still view all time bestellers?
Ordering by besetlling now apparently shows only recent bestsellers. Either it rr many games quickly rose in the ranking.
Looks to me like its the same old list with the same old occasional wacky games rising to the top of the list for no reason. Can't be sure though, but its a different list than the front page.
high rated
ChristerDoo: HAAAAAAAAAAATE the 'new and improved' GOG... which now must stand for Grey On Grey....

Bottom line - you need to bring back the old site for desktop users and offer the new crippled, ugly version for mobile users. Nuff said.
No, I don't want the ugly version on my mobile device either. I still say roll the entire site back to Tuesday.
IronArcturus: Did anyone else notice the "Add to Wishlist" option is gone on the game cards?
real.geizterfahr: It's just hiding ;)

edit: after lemoning my curry, someone inked my panther as well... Damn ninjas!
Yeah it's still not showing up for me. I guess they're still working on it?
VanishedOne: I agree that the front page is poorly done; still, they've at least listened to the people calling for the 'On sale' list to return.
Now to put new releases by default instead of bestsellers.

Went from fruit salad to cold oatmeal. Fresher indeed.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by realkman666
IronArcturus: Yeah it's still not showing up for me. I guess they're still working on it?
Adblock kills the wishlist button. So if you use it try to disable it. :/
So there's no way to manually "add" this button back?
JudasIscariot: Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies :)
bmihoric: Tried it twice, the second time setting Firefox to keep no history at all, clean everything, and restart it. It didn't work. When I click the 'dropdown' in bottom right corner, only USD is there. Found no other option in Settings, either.
Please send us a Support ticket :)

http://www.gog.com/support/contact/general_website_questions Make sure to select "website glitches or accessibility issues" from the dropdown menu :)
The menu panel across the top looks like a huge 'pop-up blocked' message or something and is really ugly and distracting.

I hate the changes but I hate ALL change and will no doubt soon be unable to even remember the old design and will stop caring. Nonetheless, the direction GOG is going makes me uneasy.