It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get the full trilogy with a 66% discount or each game for 40% off!

Did you guys take your Dramamine this morning? Looks like you might need it soon: the beloved Descent trilogy is back and it's going to spin you right round right round.

Indeed, after disappearing into the darkness for a while, the series that pioneered six degrees of freedom shooting now finally re-emerges on GOG.com. If for whatever unfortunate reason you are not already acquainted with their ground-breaking 3D brilliance, now is your chance to redeem yourself before anyone finds out: get the entire trilogy in a Pack with a 66% discount or just buy Descent, Descent II and Descent 3 individually for -40% each.

This offer lasts until November 26, 11PM UTC.
Great news! Very glad to see these classic games back. Anyone who hasn't played them yet misses a lot!
Good seeing this back again.
After getting back into gaming it was my search for Descent which first led me to GOG. Alas, it had already been removed. What an unexpected thrill it is to finally get these games! Instabuy.
deleted
It's a pity my gogmix review didn't come back the same as old reviews on the store page did.
Spectre: It's a pity my gogmix review didn't come back the same as old reviews on the store page did.
Interesting. They duplicated the reviews when they split the bundle, but they did not fix the gogmixes. Seems a bit lazy. On the other hand they've (almost) abandoned gogmixes a long time ago.
SpellSword: If you have not yet played the Descent series, you are missing something special.
Headache, vertigo and nausea?
Grargar: Back when the games were released, XP was the dominant OS. Those days? Not so much. It's possible that GOG might not even have any XP computers for testing anymore (or they might be exclusively used for games that still list XP as being supported).
MarkoH01: I was never asking why XP support has been given up at all. I simply thing "requirements" and "support" re two kind of shoes. That's why I wrote required in caps.
maybe because Microsoft stopped all further support, updates and security updates for XP in 2014? i.e. it is now a "dead" OS. you may as well as "why does gOg not list Amiga OS 3.1 for Wings?" If it is listed in some shape or other, it binds gOg to support it also.
Post edited November 27, 2017 by amok
There is a Community that is still active!

It will not let me post Links... So go to Google/bing/Edge and type "Descent Champions Ladder" and it will pop up

On the website I am Code!

however, You need Retro, It is another game launcher that focuses Multiplayer if you have The Descent.Hog/GOG File
you may legally receive other Game files that support the launch by people!

We need players and have been here since 2013 and were slowly dying! the relaunching of the Descent Trilogy on GOG is the perfect, and only opportunity we have to publicly invite other people!

I hope to see you Pilots around!

To contact me go to the websites forum and mention my name Code I WILL Respond! More info after contacting me

LONG LIVE DESCENT THANK YOU GOG
Codeorangelt: There is a Community that is still active!

It will not let me post Links... [...]
http://descentchampions.org/
Codeorangelt: There is a Community that is still active!

It will not let me post Links... [...]
amok: http://descentchampions.org/
Oh lol Thank you :)
PeteJB: You can use DXX-Rebirth to play it on Win7-10
there are many different Launchers Still eligible to use

Descent Retro
Descent Rebirth
DXX-Rebirth
Etc.

I use Retro For multiplayer, unless you want to play singleplayer alone, Retro is the most played and the best for Anarchy, 1v1's and Anything competitive... and DXX-Rebirth and Rebirth do not have as good as multiplayer as retro and Are not played oftenly at all If they are it is a Arranged game

A_Future_Pilot: I'm really really glad these are back! One of my favorite game franchises! (Now if we can just get some of the early NFS games, GOG will have all of my favorites).

I guess I need to dust off the old Rebirth installer soon and make sure it's up to snuff still!
Well Lookie Who it is! Hey man!
Post edited November 27, 2017 by Codeorangelt
Grargar: Still the DOSBox version. It's just that GOG no longer offers any technical support for XP and Vista users and thus doesn't list those OSes on the games' page.
Thanks, gotcha. It had me wondering as I do remember Decent 1 was XP/Vista mentioned before the game got removed. It's good to know it's using DOSBox as I like having that option to be able to experience these classics the way they were back then.

Having a Mac and not having a PC growing up, I missed out on a lot of these classics, so it's great to finally play them first hand and having that classic look and feel. :)
Post edited November 27, 2017 by tailsy64
If they don't run on linux, I don't care.
flatiron: If they don't run on linux, I don't care.
Dosbox and Descent sourceports have Linux versions you can use to play the games on Linux.
My former roommate and I would stay up all hours of the night playing Descent over modem. Good times and good memories. I still have my disc, so maybe I'll revisit it soon.

Descent was also one of my first experiences with a consumer level VR headset way back in 1995.
Serren: My former roommate and I would stay up all hours of the night playing Descent over modem. Good times and good memories. I still have my disc, so maybe I'll revisit it soon.

Descent was also one of my first experiences with a consumer level VR headset way back in 1995.
What were those things called?