It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some of the best prices ever documented.

It's a special day over here at GOG HQ: we get to see our faces on YouTube! More specifically, inside the awesome Noclip documentary created by Danny O'Dwyer, an intriguing story about who we are, our efforts to preserve gaming's past and future, and our ongoing mission to make all gaming DRM-free.

So do yourselves a favor and go watch it, but not before you check out the special Weekly Sale we put together to celebrate its release!

It features dozens of timeless classics including games that we helped restore: S.W.A.T. 4, Jazz Jackrabbit, Escape from Monkey Island, Forgotten Realms: The Archives (featuring Goldbox classics like Eye of the Beholder), Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Harvester, Outcast, Syndicate, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, Theme Park and Theme Hospital, among others.

The Weekly Sale ends July 30, 10 PM UTC.
One question: there are some games, that are showed in the documentary, but they are not available in GOG catalog (like Dune, No One Lives Forever series etc.). So these games were once in the catalog, but now they aren't available or how is this meant?
Or is this just for "illustration purpose"?
Post edited July 23, 2018 by vadalma2018
vadalma2018: One question: there are some games, that are showed in the documentary, but they are not available in GOG catalog (like Dune, No One Lives Forever series etc.). So these games were once in the catalog, but now they aren't available or how is this meant?
These are mockups and GOG have used them a lot. (in past docs stuff similar to what you´ve mentioned appeared)
Edit: Have skipped through the video and haven´t seen a storepage or gamecard. Were you talking about something else? That they´ve shown footage of games not on GOG? That there were physical CEs of games in the headquarter whose digital buddies are not on GOG yet?
Post edited July 23, 2018 by RadonGOG
vadalma2018: One question: there are some games, that are showed in the documentary, but they are not available in GOG catalog (like Dune, No One Lives Forever series etc.). So these games were once in the catalog, but now they aren't available or how is this meant?
No, they were never on GOG, later in the video they talk about them and how they are still trying to get them from the right holders but its very difficult.
Andrey82: But after watching this film one thing still makes me wonder even more than before: Ubisoft was one of the first big companies that supported GOG and they still haven't brought any of their old games here except very first ones. Still no Assassins' Creed games except first game, still no Far Cry 3 and later games in the series. Still no Ghost Recon except first one. Same with the Splinter Cell series. I wonder what made them to stop bringing their old games to GOG and, more importantly, when they bring their other older games to GOG?
Yes, I would alsko like to know the answer.
RadonGOG: These are mockups and GOG have used them a lot. (in past docs stuff similar to what you´ve mentioned appeared)
armitom: No, they were never on GOG, later in the video they talk about them and how they are still trying to get them from the right holders but its very difficult.
Thanks for the anwers guys :)
Interesting and good to know.
Post edited July 23, 2018 by vadalma2018
9% off on Shivers, unbelievable deal, GoG (lol)
Pajama Sam! Huge sale, very good.
Post edited July 23, 2018 by tfishell
Love the video and it was interesting to hear about the company before GOG and about how things were in Poland with regard to game sales and how powerful the pirate market was for them; impressive that they'd actually go into something like GOG with such a home market; then again I think it also taught them that all the DRM in the world won't stop the pirates so instead lets focus on the customer experience and the quality of product and what we can do for them.

I hope that documentary gets a good long term spot on the front page of GOG I think its a great introduction to the company and what is going on for those new to GOG or those who might want to know a little more behind the scenes of what is going on; why some titles don't appear and all the rest.
Are these Cthulu adventure games fun to play? Love the look of the atmosphere but the user reviews make them sound like a slog. I'm more used to "mainstream" adventure games from Sierra and Lucasarts.
overread: I hope that documentary gets a good long term spot on the front page of GOG I think its a great introduction to the company and what is going on for those new to GOG or those who might want to know a little more behind the scenes of what is going on; why some titles don't appear and all the rest.
This is actually a wonderful idea!
overread: I hope that documentary gets a good long term spot on the front page of GOG I think its a great introduction to the company and what is going on for those new to GOG or those who might want to know a little more behind the scenes of what is going on; why some titles don't appear and all the rest.
Desmight: This is actually a wonderful idea!
+2
high rated
Can't promise anything, but i will pass this suggestion on for sure.
Crosmando: That stuff about how some Japanese companies operate is almost unbelievable. No legal agreements and based purely on personal trust? it's a wonder they ever get anything done.
It's a different society. Or it was. At one point, Police officers did not carry guns and criminals were expected to (and most often did) turn themselves in.
I will definitely watch this documentary when I get home this evening. It sounds well made and it's great to see it as a part of this sale.

On another note...

*sees sale on classics*

*excitedly clicks on sale on classics*

*sees that every title is already owned*

Umm... wut? I know I love GOG, but what have you done to me?! :D
Linko90: Can't promise anything, but i will pass this suggestion on for sure.
It's perfect About page material for sure.

I really enjoyed the documentary and I agree that it gives great insight into the company. Also, I wasn't aware that GOG had gotten games like The Lion King and Aladdin, so that's good to know. :)
PoppyAppletree: I wasn't aware that GOG had gotten games like The Lion King and Aladdin, so that's good to know. :)
They were pretty heavily promoted when they appeared, got that prime spot at the top of the front page like big releases do. See for yourself.

About the documentary, nothing new on all the DRM side, and I'd of course focus on that other fight which was abandoned over 4 years ago, that against regional pricing, especially in case of regions from which publishers ask for more that the base (US) price, and also clearly against regional restrictions as well for that matter. But that wasn't even mentioned...
A few more interesting bits about tracking down and fixing a number of titles though. And the all important point that anything that's a day 1 release now will eventually become a "classic" game. And by then it'd also have all additional content and be properly patched and maybe be reasonably priced (though we have seen old games released at quite crazy prices for their age too...). So time should always be on the side of those focusing on that. And patience is a virtue and all. But...