It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Master and commander.

Last week was about reaping the benefits of being a well-wisher. This week is about being master and commander. A battalion of strategy games await your orders inside our Weekly Sale barracks, flying an up to -90% banner.

Battle Brothers: Soldiers of fortune are rarely noble, but man do they get the job done. With some smart maneuvering on your part, lots of grit, and little bit of luck, they will soon be a force to be reckoned with in this dark fantasy world of blood and mud.

Craft the World: Tactical gameplay is not just about laying waste but also about laying the foundations for a world of your own making! Control a tribe of industrious dwarves as they build, defend, and expand their settlements against the magical meanies of the land.

The Weekly Sale ends April 30, 10 PM UTC.
After the 3rd fix today, both countdown clocks of this promo are still wrong.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by kbnrylaec
Vythonaut: Joking aside, it's a lovely weekly sale with a great games list; if anyone fancies some recommendations, check out Silent Storm, Jagged Alliance 2, Banished, Eador: Genesis, both Disciples games, Robin Hood, both Blitzkrieg games & DEFCON
Thank you for those excellent recommendations! I got all of them except the Disciples games, Robinhood, and Banished. Maybe you can tell me more about why you like each of those?
kbnrylaec: After the 3rd fix today, both countdown clocks of this promo are still wrong.
Crack that whip! I swear to GOG, the programmer slaves are getting lazier and lazier.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by badon
Nice sale! Some good stuff there.
Huinehtar: Forum pop, and finally got Thea: the Awakening.
Awesome game - played it on Linux when the developers were awesome enough to compile and release for free a Linux version because they knew they wouldn't be able to do it themselves...

... then promptly bought it when it showed up here as a thank you. Really unique, colorful fun game with a ton of interesting mechanics going on. Games like this are why I'm glad I still play on my PC.
Huinehtar: finally got Thea: the Awakening
As I said in the dedicated forum, for those interested and because there is no entry in WineHQ Database, Thea: the Awakening seems to work fine with Wine 3.5.
disabling d3d11.dll with wine 3.5, and everything seems to work fine
Huinehtar: finally got Thea: the Awakening
Huinehtar: As I said in the dedicated forum, for those interested and because there is no entry in WineHQ Database, Thea: the Awakening seems to work fine with Wine 3.5.

disabling d3d11.dll with wine 3.5, and everything seems to work fine
Huinehtar:
LOL good timing - was just gushing about this above ;)
Any opinions on Overfall?
Quite the selection this week. Might pick up the few i'm missing, but will depend on how hooked i get to Battletech.
Unfortunately Pharaonic a daily deal . :(
Vythonaut: Joking aside, it's a lovely weekly sale with a great games list; if anyone fancies some recommendations, check out Silent Storm, Jagged Alliance 2, Banished, Eador: Genesis, both Disciples games, Robin Hood, both Blitzkrieg games & DEFCON
badon: Thank you for those excellent recommendations! I got all of them except the Disciples games, Robinhood, and Banished. Maybe you can tell me more about why you like each of those?
You're welcome! Well, [dumb mode ON]i like them because they're good games[/dumb mode OFF]. :P

Disciples: a game similar to HoMM series, but plays somewhat differently. Sure there is exploration to be made, stuff to build, folks to recruit, but combat is a lot different from HoMM series (you can't stack units, you can't move them around the battlefield, they gather experience and become stronger over time; these are the key differences). That said, i dig the graphics of DII very much, it's a very beautiful game, even if it's a little on the dark side which may not appeal to some.

Robin Hood: a great stealth tactics game similar to Commandos or Desperado. If you enjoyed these two games, i guess you also enjoy RH especially if you like the hero. If you've never played anything similar, well, in a few words: you have a bunch of folks under your control and you try to do what must be done in the most stealthy way; while you can kill enemy soldiers, it is more advisable to sneak past them. On top of the very good gameplay, the graphics are very detailed.

Banished: an excellent town building game and my second favourite, after Anno 1404. I like the fact that the whole game revolves around the survival of your people, you really have to care about your folks and be prepared for the harsh winter. If you enjoyed a city build game before, definitely try it.
i_hope_you_rot: Unfortunately Pharaonic a daily deal . :(
24-Hour Sale on Pharaonic. There should be about 6+ hours left as of this posting, give or take.

Sorry - I thought that you stated "Dead Deal." That's what I get for having a fast reading speed and not slowing down to process the roses. :)
Post edited April 24, 2018 by PassiveZombie
Huinehtar: As I said in the dedicated forum, for those interested and because there is no entry in WineHQ Database, Thea: the Awakening seems to work fine with Wine 3.5.

LOL good timing - was just gushing about this above ;)
Ixamyakxim:
Hehe, I kept an eye on the game for a few months, even bought french and polish boxed copies in waiting for a sale on gog, but I failed to make it properly working on my PC with wine (tried the linux earlier build, it was very interesting indeed, but I was so sad my retail copy didn't work I completely stop trying).

The funny thing is that the solution hinted by darktjm right at the time I was going to stop tracking Thea, was in fact the good one. Thanks to him again ! :-)
Always good to see a strategy sale! Picking up some GOG like Warrior Kings and probably Knights and Merchants, which gets even better with the labor-of-love remake available online (*) to be applied over the version of GOG.

(*) Just check the mod spotlight in the game card

KaM Remake official website

Edit: Clarified and added links for the remake. The remake requires installing it over the regular version, provided by GOG.
Post edited April 29, 2018 by Carradice
Cool, I just bought Thea. I didn't realize it was a game with European Paganism.

I wish there was a list somewhere that listed games with European Pagan themes in them. Games full of Gods and Goddesses, creatures, lovely European Pagan-type music, and all kinds of myths. I love this stuff, but sadly I either can't find those types of games or they just don't make that many of them.
I just bought Corsairs Gold :)
Sjuan: I just bought Corsairs Gold :)
Nice game, but hard as hell. For me at least ;)