It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is definitely a good day for all RPG fans. Firstly, we welcome 7 dungeon crawlers on GOG.COM that will make many nostalgic memories come back to life. Secondly, during this Weekly Sale all those titles and many more RPGs are available with up to 86% discounts lasting until 2nd March 2020, 2 PM UTC.

Note: Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown is available in GOG Connect. To get it, connect your Steam account and add the game to your DRM-free library.
high rated
dtgreene: The choice is a bit overwhelming, so I have a few criteria to help filter them.

So, hard requirements:
* Game needs to be turn-based.
* Game needs to have low system requirements.
* Game needs to run in WINE.
* Saving needs to be done under my own terms; I should be able to manually save and the game should never delete that save unless I tell it to. (This excludes roguelike-style permadeath mechanics.)

So, aside from that, here are my preferences:
* Female characters being an option (or requirement), and should not be disadvantaged relative to male characters.
* Enemies should respawn or otherwise be repeatable.
* Good healing magic. (Specifically, healing during combat must be viable, healing outside of combat shouldn't be much of a chore, and for party based games, there should to be a spell that heals the entire party. Unconventional healing abilities are a plus, particularly if they're useful.)
* Interesting options for character customization, but without missable stats, and if there are skill points, there needs to be a way to respec or replace the character with a new one.
* I prefer SaGa or Elder Scrolls style character growth to the traditional level/xp system.

With these criteria, what games would you recommend from today's releases?
As someone who battled with Elminage Gothic under Wine to the point that it's now playable in the latest version, I can easily recommend Elminage Gothic as it meets the following criteria:

* Game needs to be turn-based.
* Game needs to have low system requirements.
* Game needs to run in WINE.
* Saving needs to be done under my own terms; I should be able to manually save and the game should never delete that save unless I tell it to. (This excludes roguelike-style permadeath mechanics.)

* Female characters being an option (or requirement), and should not be disadvantaged relative to male characters.
* Enemies should respawn or otherwise be repeatable.
* Good healing magic. (Specifically, healing during combat must be viable, healing outside of combat shouldn't be much of a chore, and for party based games, there should to be a spell that heals the entire party. Unconventional healing abilities are a plus, particularly if they're useful.)

It does follow a traditional XP requirement as in "beat up monsters, get XP".

The dungeons have random encounters and as far as I can recall (it's been a while since I played the game) you can simply go through the dungeon before reaching the boss, leave it, come back and fight more monsters.

The healing magic follows the usual JRPG style magic IIRC.
The GOGcom Stream Team also particpates in the Dungeon Crawler Event by playing lots of Dungeon Crawlers (and Dungeon Crawler-ish) games this week - some on sale, some not!

Tangledeep, Elminage Gothic, Legend of Grimrock 1 + 2, Children of Morta, Barony, Darkest Dungeon, Tower of Time, Mary Skelter: Nightmares, Might & Magic 2, Dungeon Keeper, Eye of the Beholder 1 and more!

Check out our schedule here (it should automatically adjust to your timezone): http://j.mp/streaming_schedule
Piranka: The GOGcom Stream Team also particpates in the Dungeon Crawler Event by playing lots of Dungeon Crawlers (and Dungeon Crawler-ish) games this week - some on sale, some not!

[...] Barony, [...]
HunchBluntley: Looking forward to watching (the VOD of) you guys doing this one again. :D

I do have one tip (which I would've sent in chat here, but your privacy settings prevent it, and I don't have a Twitch account): you should let your "party members" (i.e., 8-Bit & Darksaber) know that, in the game settings, 1): you can exclude items (by category) from automatically being added to your hotbar when you pick them up; this is vital to prevent you from having to constantly clean out all the armor, spellbooks, tinned food, unidentified weapons, etc., that otherwise clutter it up and render it nearly useless; and 2): you can set up the inventory autosort order (oh yeah, did you know there's an autosort function? ;P ) to sort items, again by category, to one end of your inventory or the other, in whatever (general) order you like -- it's not perfect, but it helps with inventory management somewhat. I know you're not exactly trying to be pros at the game, but taking a minute or two to set these up some time prior to the stream should save you a bit of boring (for you and the viewers) and dangerous inventory management during the session.

Apologies if this was already known to some of you (though I'm pretty sure Darksaber is unaware, since he's the one who's streamed your multiplayer sessions to Twitch the last several occasions, thus is the one whose screen I've been seeing ;) ).
Thank you for the advice!
I'll look into it! It really must have been that I have overlooked this in the options so far because other stuff like auto-appraise we did set up by now. :D