It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fans of wandering through the virtual worlds are in for quite an exciting journey.

Latest Weekend Sale on GOG.COM gives you walking simulation games with up to 90% discounts. See what mysteries you can uncover while moving your protagonists’ feet.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent (-85%) is an adventure horror game with many scares and dark atmosphere. Here danger can lurk behind every corner of the desolated castle.

Myst Masterpiece Edition (-50%) is a remastered version of a true classic among the adventure games. Visit the mysterious island and unravel its secrets.

Through the Woods (-80%) is not a walk-in-a-park game. This horror and adventure title will give you the chilling experience of being lost in the dark Norse forest.

Weekend Sale on GOG.COM featuring walking simulator games will last until 13th January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
The Myst games are definitely walking simulators, that's why to have any chance of actually completing them you need a thing called a walkingthrough.
CMOT70: The Myst games are definitely walking simulators, that's why to have any chance of actually completing them you need a thing called a walkingthrough.
Any true walking sim will never have the need for a walktrhrough.

Edit: Ah, it seems I did not get the "walkingthrough" joke here - nevermind then.
Post edited January 12, 2020 by MarkoH01
I'm kind of tired of scanning all these sale announcements for the underlined word that actually takes me to the sale.

It's time to start putting a big button in these news articles for those of us who don't care about the text: "TO THE SALE"
CMOT70: The Myst games are definitely walking simulators, that's why to have any chance of actually completing them you need a thing called a walkingthrough.
Good one:)
Post edited January 12, 2020 by Moonbeam
The term walking simulator describes something...........
.............that the games press were pushing these things, insisting they were the future, and giving them disproportionate, blatantly unearned, praise and awards. And then if we had the temerity to say "a lot of these aren't even really GAMES in any meaningful sense, they're virtual art installations", they called us entitled toxic monsters.

I don't care that they exist, because you're right, I don't have to play them. I care that disproportionally influential clout-chasers are pushing some abstract idea of "art" over fun just so they can feel more erudite and cultured than they really are.

Oh and I don't like being blamed and screeched at when a lot of these non-games fall flat, IE, Sunset. No, it didn't fail because people like me are racist sexist troglodytes, it failed because it had its head up its own ass in the opinion of basically everybody.