It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fans of wandering through the virtual worlds are in for quite an exciting journey.

Latest Weekend Sale on GOG.COM gives you walking simulation games with up to 90% discounts. See what mysteries you can uncover while moving your protagonists’ feet.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent (-85%) is an adventure horror game with many scares and dark atmosphere. Here danger can lurk behind every corner of the desolated castle.

Myst Masterpiece Edition (-50%) is a remastered version of a true classic among the adventure games. Visit the mysterious island and unravel its secrets.

Through the Woods (-80%) is not a walk-in-a-park game. This horror and adventure title will give you the chilling experience of being lost in the dark Norse forest.

Weekend Sale on GOG.COM featuring walking simulator games will last until 13th January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
high rated
Pretty damn disrespectful calling Myst and Amnesia walking simulators.
Post edited January 10, 2020 by ReynardFox
GOG.com: >Makes a walking simulator themed sale
>Dear Esther isn't among the discounted games
2/10
Miasmata would have fit in perfectly with this sale.

It's heavy on exploration and light on threat.

Overlooked opportunity for a decent title.
I'm playing Conarium and sometimes the words walking sim come to my mind even if to be fair it's a first person puzzle adventure. Maybe because I don't think it's inherently a bad label and a game can have a bit of that without being a pejorative label.
And only after writing my post I notice that Conarium actually made the list.
Post edited January 11, 2020 by Dogmaus
IFW: GOG,
You just lost 90% of the expected sales from this sale... most people would not bother to even take a look at the games on sale after seeing "walking simulator", despite the fact they would be likely to buy the adventure games listed there...
This

I didnt even look
Martek: Miasmata would have fit in perfectly with this sale.

It's heavy on exploration and light on threat.

Overlooked opportunity for a decent title.
Indeed, an underrated game.
Ha, Walking Simulator is now an official genre.
GOG.com: >Makes a walking simulator themed sale
>Dear Esther isn't among the discounted games
fronzelneekburm: 2/10
Did not even realize this ... lol
McMicroDonalds: Ha, Walking Simulator is now an official genre.
It has been for quite some time now. At first it was a term to show how useless and bad a certain game is because of the missing gameplay - then they realized that there is a target group for those as well and so they adapted it into a genre.
Post edited January 11, 2020 by MarkoH01
Maybe something like "journeys" or "adventures" would have been better, since "walking sim" can be viewed negatively or makes people assuming there's very minimal gameplay.
tfishell: Maybe something like "journeys" or "adventures" would have been better, since "walking sim" can be viewed negatively or makes people assuming there's very minimal gameplay.
Because the gameplay is minimal. It is like a visual novel, but a bit more interactivity...
tfishell: Maybe something like "journeys" or "adventures" would have been better, since "walking sim" can be viewed negatively or makes people assuming there's very minimal gameplay.
op_2019_si: Because the gameplay is minimal. It is like a visual novel, but a bit more interactivity...
I am sure that tfishell is aware about this it is just that many games on the list don't meet that criteria at all.
op_2019_si: Because the gameplay is minimal. It is like a visual novel, but a bit more interactivity...
MarkoH01: I am sure that tfishell is aware about this it is just that many games on the list don't meet that criteria at all.
Yeah, well... you are right in that regards, that some games in the list/promo are really more of an adventure (SOMA, Amneisa etc.).

But hey, someone above asked about the genre "walking simulator". So I tried my best with the short explanation ;)
GOG.com: Fans of wandering through the virtual worlds are in for quite an exciting journey.

Latest Weekend Sale on GOG.COM gives you walking simulation games with up to 90% discounts. See what mysteries you can uncover while moving your protagonists’ feet.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent (-85%) is an adventure horror game with many scares and dark atmosphere. Here danger can lurk behind every corner of the desolated castle.

Myst Masterpiece Edition (-50%) is a remastered version of a true classic among the adventure games. Visit the mysterious island and unravel its secrets.

Through the Woods (-80%) is not a walk-in-a-park game. This horror and adventure title will give you the chilling experience of being lost in the dark Norse forest.

Weekend Sale on GOG.COM featuring walking simulator games will last until 13th January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
Speaking of which. It's been almost 3 years now that Myst was at a proper discount. And that was before the 2 missing titles were added.
Protip: SOMA is great! Get it!
I'm genuinely offended you classify the Myst series as walking simulators.