It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Take part in unforgettable adventures and fearsome battles! This Weekend Sale is dedicated to fascinating games from Raw Fury, along with discounts reaching even 80%. Here some of the discounted titles:

Call of the Sea (-20%) is a puzzling adventure game where you explore a tropical island, brimming with fantastic sights, lost ruins, and occult mysteries.

Kathy Rain (-80%) is a point ’n’ click adventure game that tells the story of a journalism major who investigates the mysterious death of her recently deceased grandfather.

Star Renegades (-30%) is a strategy RPG about outsmarting AI-driven adversaries, forging friendships, and toppling galactic empires spanning over multiple generations.

Explore more engaging games! This Weekend Sale will end on 8th March 2021, 2 PM UTC.
Thanks, you make it quite simple for me not to buy something today. Thanks a lot.
Very tempted by West of Dead. Still, has lots of games already I want to play.
high rated
• $1.99 • -80% • GoNNER BlEBERRY EdiTION
• $2.59 • -80% • GoNNER: Press Jump To Die Edition
• $2.99 • -80% • Kathy Rain
• $2.99 • -80% • Kingdom: New Lands
• $4.49 • -75% • Kingdom: New Lands Royal Edition
• $5.24 • -65% • Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition
• $5.99 • -60% • Bad North: Jotunn Edition
• $5.99 • -60% • Whispers of a Machine
• $6.15 • -65% • Dandara: Trials of Fear Enhanced Edition
• $7.49 • -50% • Atomicrops
• $7.59 • -60% • Whispers of a Machine Blue Edition
• $7.99 • -60% • Bad North: Jotunn Edition - Deluxe Edition
• $9.09 • -30% • GONNER2
• $9.89 • -50% • Atomicrops Deluxe Edition
• $9.99 • -50% • Night Call
• $10.49 • -30% • GONNER2 The Full Ikk Edition
• $11.49 • -50% • Night Call Deluxe Edition
• $11.99 • -40% • Kingdom Two Crowns
• $11.99 • -40% • Mosaic
• $11.99 • -40% • The Signifier
• $12.99 • -35% • West of Dead
• $14.29 • -35% • The Signifier Deluxe Edition
• $14.99 • -40% • Mosaic 1% Edition
• $15.39 • -30% • GONNER2 Lose Your Head Bundle
• $15.99 • -20% • Call of the Sea
• $16.09 • -30% • Kingdom Two Crowns Royal Edition
• $17.49 • -30% • Star Renegades
• $19.67 • -20% • West of Dead - Path of the Crow Edition
• $19.99 • -20% • Call of the Sea Deluxe Edition
• $23.99 • -20% • Per Aspera
• $25.23 • -15% • Star Renegades Deluxe Edition
• $27.83 • -20% • Per Aspera Deluxe Edition
high rated
You shouldn't buy Call of the Sea at the moment. I'm still waiting for the update since December 21st. The day the Steam version has been updated. Look here:

https://www.calloftheseagame.com/blog/release-notes

I've contacted the devs here and via email. Here's the reply:
Hey there,
Yeah, we are working on getting GOG up to Steam level in regards of patches.
Sorry for the wait!
That was on January 25th. :(
low rated
Hustlefan: You shouldn't buy Call of the Sea at the moment. I'm still waiting for the update since December 21st. The day the Steam version has been updated. Look here:

Hey there,
Sorry for the wait!
Hustlefan: That was on January 25th. :(
Hustlefan: You shouldn't buy Call of the Sea at the moment. I'm still waiting for the update since December 21st. The day the Steam version has been updated. Look here:

Hey there,
Sorry for the wait!
Hustlefan: That was on January 25th. :(
Just pointing this out
Delays during the pandemic
what sorcery is this?
Lots of movies , games and other properties have been delayed a year beacause of it.
so it is a possibilty they are late because of that just saying.

Lodium:

Lodium: Just pointing this out
what sorcery is this?
Lots of movies , games and other properties have been delayed a year beacause of it.
Uh, no. There are plenty of 1 man dev teams that maintain parity. We're not talking about 2 days, we're talking 2 months, why would you accept that.
Lodium: Just pointing this out
what sorcery is this?
Swissy88: Uh, no. There are plenty of 1 man dev teams that maintain parity. We're not talking about 2 days, we're talking 2 months, why would you accept that.
Again
Lots of movies, games and other propertys are about a year late because of the pandemic
and this includes one man dev teams.
Im not saying they shoudnt commuicate this if thats the case but lets give them the benifit of doubt a little longer.

SAN FRANCISCO, July 16, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informa Tech, the organizers of the Game Developers Conference (GDC) has released the results of a special survey of nearly 2,500 game developers which provides a snapshot of how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the game industry. The results come in advance of the upcoming all-digital GDC Summer, which takes place August 4-6.

Some of the most notable trends highlighted in the survey include nearly half reporting longer working hours and less productivity than before the pandemic. The survey, which focuses on how game developers are adapting to COVID-19, is the latest in an ongoing series of regular reports during the past eight years that offer insight into the shape of the industry as a prelude to GDC.

The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has affected the business of a majority of game developers, with some seeing upticks even as others suffer significant business downturns

When asked about how the pandemic has affected their overall business, 34% said they saw business decline, 37% said it remained about the same, and 31% said they saw business increase. While less than 10% of developers have been laid off or furloughed due to COVID-19, 26% of respondents said that their household income has fallen due to the pandemic.

As businesses closed due to COVID-19, 70% of respondents said they switched to working from home, while 27% of all respondents reported that they had already worked from home before the pandemic. COVID-19 also had a tangible effect on the release schedule of games, with one in three developers (33%) reporting that their games were delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

COVID-19 has taken a toll on quality of life, productivity, mental and emotional health for game developers

Poor communication, isolation, and lack of access to critical tools are some of the common challenges devs are dealing with right now. Nearly half of game makers feel working from home has lowered their productivity and 1/3 of developers said they’ve experienced a decrease in creativity while working from home. While productivity and creativity may have decreased for many developers, the amount of hours worked has increased for nearly half of all the developer respondents.

Game makers say isolation, lack of communication, deteriorating work/life balance, and childcare demands are some of the most difficult parts of working from home. Despite these issues, only 1/10 of developers feel safe going back to work in an office right now.

Source : https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/07/16/2063524/0/en/Game-Developers-Conference-GDC-Survey-Reveals-Impact-of-COVID-19-on-the-Video-Game-Industry.html
Post edited March 05, 2021 by Lodium
high rated
Lodium:
None of that has anything to do with not updating on GOG when they update on Steam.
high rated
Lodium: Again
Lots of movies, games and other propertys are about a year late because of the pandemic
Im not saying they shoudnt commuicate this if thats the case but lets give them the benifit of doubt a little longer.
That was one of the titles I was interested in.

It's fine to "give them the benefit of the doubt", but that doesn't mean I can't simply wait for the next time it's on sale, and see if they have delivered. Giving benefit of the doubt does not necessarily mean "buy it on blind hope".

So, I'll do both, give the the benefit of doubt, AND wait and see what they do. I appreciate that Hustlefan has brought this to our attention.
Star Renegades seem to have positive reviews and user comments pretty much everywhere.
Thoughts on the game?. Very tempted to buy it after watching a few lets plays

On thing about delays to updates -- what does it matter a few weeks months as long as the updates come?. (a few years and obvious abandonment of supporting the game here is another story though...)

Devs are going to support first where the most customers are.....
Niggles: On thing about delays to updates -- what does it matter a few weeks months as long as the updates come?. (a few years and obvious abandonment of supporting the game here is another story though...)
Exactly.

I can wait a few weeks or months to see if the support is there as it should be, or not. I agree that if it's "years", it's another story; in that case I would write them off.
Lodium: Again
Martek: That was one of the titles I was interested in.

It's fine to "give them the benefit of the doubt", but that doesn't mean I can't simply wait for the next time it's on sale, and see if they have delivered. Giving benefit of the doubt does not necessarily mean "buy it on blind hope".

So, I'll do both, give the the benefit of doubt, AND wait and see what they do. I appreciate that Hustlefan has brought this to our attention.
I didnt sugest you buy it
waiting is perfecly fine
What was price of Star Renegades during Xmas sale?. Bit short of funds to buy it right now lol.
Why has this news been completely erased from existence?

Edit: Ah, I see that the original weekly sales articles are routinely deleted from the system for some reason.
Post edited March 09, 2021 by Alexim